+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Kane

Re: Harry Kane

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    'World Class' has been used so often over the past 20 years, that nobody knows what it means anymore.

Kane is quality though, and does come across as very down-to-earth. This is how players should be in my opinion, at least these are the ones who should have the most respect.
    He's as thick as two planks.

In my opinion, there are only 22 World Class players - my definition of World Class would be a 22 man squad that you would take to the World Cup - with no restrictions on nationality.

Kane doesn't come into that class at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

In my opinion, there are only 22 World Class players - my definition of World Class would be a 22 man squad that you would take to the World Cup - with no restrictions on nationality.

While you bring that up could you post those 22 names you would take?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    While you bring that up could you post those 22 names you would take?
    Stupidest concept ever.

"There's no WC LB but **** it we need 2 for the 22 man squad so well have..."

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Stupidest concept ever.

"There's no WC LB but **** it we need 2 for the 22 man squad so well have..."
    Marcelo, Sandro, alaba, alba

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I was going to mention Bale, when he was at Spurs, i would have said he was world class, he was scoring for fun
    So now Bale isn't world class? ****ing hell, tough crowd

Marcelo, Sandro, alaba, alba
    I was juat using it as an example to make my point Jam, Alex Sandro is class!!!

What a stupid opinion! You could have ten strikers better than any right winger in the world, but only two of those strikers can be world class, and there will be two right winners considered world class even though they're not as good as the other eight strikers. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What a stupid opinion! You could have ten strikers better than any right winger in the world, but only two of those strikers can be world class, and there will be two right winners considered world class even though they're not as good as the other eight strikers. Wow
    As I was trying to get at with my post.

Stop it though, you'll be on ignore if he can't debate you.

How can you compare a right winger with a centre-forward? Or a centre-half with a left winger? Or a Goalkeeper with right-back?

"World-class" is a term that has been cheapened by fadsters like yourself, gouging on a diet of Sky Sport marketing Stoke v West Brom as a must-watch game. For me, "World-class" is a more important accolade than the one you would dish out to all and sundry. There can't be more than 30 world-class players in the world, otherwise it becomes silly and pointless. A bit like you.

So now Bale isn't world class? ****ing hell, tough crowd
    On current form, he isn't. But, the only time he was World Class (using my definition of the phrase) was when he was at Real. His game improved immensely there and, leading up to the Euros, he was a better all round player than he ever was at White Hart Lane.

"Sorry we've got 3 strikers already, can't include you on the list"

Jesus wept.

What is your definition of World Class? Let's see what makes a world class player in your world.

What is your definition of World Class? Let's see what makes a world class player in your world.
    Not limiting it to only a few people in each position would be a good start.

If there are 4 world class keepers, 3 at lb, 4 at cb, 2 at lb, 3 at cdm 3 at cm, 5 at cam, 5 wingers and 5 strikers then that's what it is.

You can't just say "oh there's only 22 wc players and 2 in each position"

How can you compare a right winger with a centre-forward? Or a centre-half with a left winger? Or a Goalkeeper with right-back?

"World-class" is a term that has been cheapened by fadsters like yourself, gouging on a diet of Sky Sport marketing Stoke v West Brom as a must-watch game. For me, "World-class" is a more important accolade than the one you would dish out to all and sundry. There can't be more than 30 world-class players in the world, otherwise it becomes silly and pointless. A bit like you.
    I'm silly and pointless, am I? I'll leave that where it is.

I don't think you can put a limit on who's world class. You can't tell someone they're not world class because the quota is already full. Sorry mr goalkeeper, we've already got De Gea and Neuer so you cannot be world class. Lloris, Courtois, Oblak, Etheridge etc you'll have to wait until those two retire! You're confusing world class with team of the year. I do think the number of world class players has increased, because the quality of football is better. That's where people struggle with it. I think some positions might only have a few world class players, but for attacking positions I think there are many.

It’s just a superlative for being a top player.

I genuinely think people who try and put definitions like this out are on the spectrum. Pointless bollocks.

What is it that people don't like about Kane? The guy is the leading goalscorer in all comps, the 2nd quickest player to score 100 goals in premier league (I think) the guy is on fire and if you have been watching him lately like myself some of his passing is outstanding

What is it that people don't like about Kane? The guy is the leading goalscorer in all comps, the 2nd quickest player to score 100 goals in premier league (I think) the guy is on fire and if you have been watching him lately like myself some of his passing is outstanding
    I’ve watched him live loads and he has everything, I think maybe he isn’t flash enough for some people. But he’d improve almost any team in the world.

His goal scoring record is unreal too.

Is it any wonder your posts don’t get sensibly debated?

I would say Kane is a top class finisher for spurs but would he score so many goals for a team that had other top class finishers. a lot of his goals are tap ins created by Erikson, Son, Dembele or Ali. If he went to Madrid would he score as many as Ronaldo or Bale. Man City have many finishers in there team while Liverpool have Salah, Mane and Firmino all able to score.

Neymar is a unique player and his brand is why he smashed the world record.

Brazils no1 star

People want to tune in to watch him play as he is Ronaldinho-(nowhere near as good)esque

Does the world want to watch Harry Kane?. I don't go out of my way to watch him play

When Madrid start throwing money around I think itll be for Dybala

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Neymar is a unique player and his brand is why he smashed the world record.

Brazils no1 star

People want to tune in to watch him play as he is Ronaldinho-(nowhere near as good)esque

Does the world want to watch Harry Kane?. I don't go out of my way to watch him play

When Madrid start throwing money around I think itll be for Dybala
    Agree about Kane not being "fashionable" or "marketable" on the same level as some players.

But Levvy is notoriously difficult to work with and won't sell for peanuts.

Will be interesting to see if bids do come in what types come in.

Madrid have (according to flashscores..not sure if it's reliable) used Bale/Benzema And Ronaldo as strikers in recent games.

I thought as he was losing a yard of pace they may push Ronaldo more central, but he's also played a bit on the wing.

If Kane goes it will be to play as a lone striker, what would be the point otherwise?

As we know ourselves with Bale, they can drop him and moan about him at any given moment, wouldn't be in a rush to go there if I was Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agree about Kane not being "fashionable" or "marketable" on the same level as some players.

But Levvy is notoriously difficult to work with and won't sell for peanuts.

Will be interesting to see if bids do come in what types come in.

Madrid have (according to flashscores..not sure if it's reliable) used Bale/Benzema And Ronaldo as strikers in recent games.

I thought as he was losing a yard of pace they may push Ronaldo more central, but he's also played a bit on the wing.

If Kane goes it will be to play as a lone striker, what would be the point otherwise?

As we know ourselves with Bale, they can drop him and moan about him at any given moment, wouldn't be in a rush to go there if I was Kane.
    I think he'll wait for the new ground. & anyway the owner of Madrid say he doesnt even want to talk about him because of levy as you say.

We're in a weird period in football & no doubt fans will say spurs have "no reason to sell", so they should demand the world from any club bidding.

"Harry Kane cannot be replaced whatever the fee is!!" Well yes he can

I think 200 million pounds going into spurs' bank account would be quite tempting for an owner haha. This isn't football manager where you just reject everything

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    I would say Kane is a top class finisher for spurs but would he score so many goals for a team that had other top class finishers. a lot of his goals are tap ins created by Erikson, Son, Dembele or Ali. If he went to Madrid would he score as many as Ronaldo or Bale. Man City have many finishers in there team while Liverpool have Salah, Mane and Firmino all able to score.
    You honestly believe Kane just scores tap ins?

Better than Zohore ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Better than Zohore ???
    Now you’re being ridiculous!!! Could you imagine Kane getting the winner on a wet midweek night at Ipswich???? Of course not!!!!! Ken over Kane for me 😂😂