+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV money

TV money

I spotted this on the Birmingham Mail website (talking about how much Birmingham earned from televised games)

The EFL award Championship clubs £100,000 for every home game hosted on Sky Sports unless it’s played on a Sunday (£120,000) or a Thursday (£140,000). Every time a team appears on Sky away from home they’re given £10,000.

Just £10K for the away team?

Re: TV money

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I spotted this on the Birmingham Mail website (talking about how much Birmingham earned from televised games)

The EFL award Championship clubs £100,000 for every home game hosted on Sky Sports unless it’s played on a Sunday (£120,000) or a Thursday (£140,000). Every time a team appears on Sky away from home they’re given £10,000.

£10k, that could pay for our tickets !

We're living the dream, were on more than Eastenders, soon we can all just sit at home and virtual reality crowds will make the noise , we will have buttons on the remote to send out the smell of Bovril and two week old pies.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We're living the dream, were on more than Eastenders, soon we can all just sit at home and virtual reality crowds will make the noise , we will have buttons on the remote to send out the smell of Bovril and two week old pies.
    A smell I associated with Ninian Park was that of Juicy Fruit. Plenty of people masticating whilst watching the game.

I actually smirked at this. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

It's to compensate the home side for the potential loss in ticket sales. The away club loses nothing, but potentially travel costs could be higher if they need to stay overnight somewhere. As with all these things, the fan gets nothing - just inconvenience.

Sky are killing the game, I've packed that in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A smell I associated with Ninian Park was that of Juicy Fruit. Plenty of people masticating whilst watching the game.
    What better way to keep warm on a cold night? There were so few of us there, the chances of getting caught were slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not everybody is a pervert you know.

You're a bit of a nut job ain't you

(Intended as a compliment not an insult)