+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deontay Wilder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well, the heavyweight division went downhill in the Klitschko era, no disputing that. Wilder throws some real bombs but I'm just not convinced by his technique at all.

In my opinion, AJ is better than many give him credit for but is judged by the generally poor standard of the heavyweight division. The fact Sky have to make Parker look anywhere near a credible world champion is a massive task to undertake- fights of his I've seen have been incredibly poor.

The other divisions have far better boxing, far better boxers but the heavyweight division remains the marquee division - like you get better motor racing at lower levels but F1 remains the pinnacle.
    https://youtu.be/bMzGXdYR8jw

Re: Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah...

Watching the Ortiz fight again. I just don't see it with Wilder, continually looking for the highlight reel ko punch. Throwing those punches that leave himself wide open, quality fighters will take advantage. I could see Tyson Fury smothering him ( given his size right now probably eat him ), AJ would constantly pressure in a way Ortiz couldn't.

Bellend - Wilder would be good for the verbals.