+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deontay Wilder

Re: Deontay Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Yeah he was small (lol) but a very good boxer with lovely ring craft. It puzzle's me. Are the big lads all going into American Football?
    Why go into boxing when you can be a linebacker in the NFL, play 16 games, and earn $50,000,000 a year.

I don't rate either AJ or Wilder, but I think Wilder will beat Joshua because AJ is a little one one dimensional, a bit robotic if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Why go into boxing when you can be a linebacker in the NFL, play 16 games, and earn $50,000,000 a year.

I don't rate either AJ or Wilder, but I think Wilder will beat Joshua because AJ is a little one one dimensional, a bit robotic if you like.
    No linebacker is on $50m a year especailly with the salary cap. Baseball on the other hand...

AJ may be one dimensional, but it's one hell of a dimension. Wilder as seen last night in his toughest fight backed off, was down on the scorecards looking for that highlight reel knockout. His technique isn't great at all, AJ would have more than enough opportunity to seriously hurt him. Ortiz hurt Wilder, AJ would have knocked him out due to greater power.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    No linebacker is on $50m a year especailly with the salary cap. Baseball on the other hand...

AJ may be one dimensional, but it's one hell of a dimension. Wilder as seen last night in his toughest fight backed off, was down on the scorecards looking for that highlight reel knockout. His technique isn't great at all, AJ would have more than enough opportunity to seriously hurt him. Ortiz hurt Wilder, AJ would have knocked him out due to greater power.
    It's like what Mike Tyson used to say "they all come in with a plan until I punch them in the face"

It's like what Mike Tyson used to say "they all come in with a plan until I punch them in the face"

I read an article a few weeks ago about domonic breazle who has won all his fights since he lost his title fight to Joshua. He said that his camp thought that Joshua was one dimensional but the reality was that Joshua’s hand speed and power were vastly underrated by both him and his camp

Agreed. A very good boxer. They have struggled since then I reckon. Used to be a time when they dominated that division but for some reason and I don't know why, they don't seem produce good genuine heavyweights any more. Any body got any ideas on why this is?
    Other sports?

I thought straight away about American Football..

Loadsaaa money.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Sorry, that should be $5,000,000! Still better than getting punched in the face for a living by some brute!

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    I read an article a few weeks ago about domonic breazle who has won all his fights since he lost his title fight to Joshua. He said that his camp thought that Joshua was one dimensional but the reality was that Joshua’s hand speed and power were vastly underrated by both him and his camp
    maxresdefault.jpg

Post Joshua Fight

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Other sports?

I thought straight away about American Football..

Loadsaaa money.
    Couldn't blame a lad for going that route.

Couldn't blame a lad for going that route.
    Only a few in each division can make decent money in boxing.

Room for way more people in team sports at a good level.