+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

Re: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Brit Assombalonga going for 14 million tells you it's ruining football!!
    Assombalonga going for more than £2.37 found down the back of the sofa and a packet of pork scratchings tells you football is ruined.

Pep made Messi look good though, with his brand of possession football. Ticky tacky or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Assombalonga going for more than £2.37 found down the back of the sofa and a packet of pork scratchings tells you football is ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Fair enough, Phil. I bow to your greater knowledge of faux intelligentsia, styles of football and gibberish.

Not so sure they would be.

He would need "budget" players but I honestly believe if he got players in to match the work rates and style of play the balance of the team could be the same, minus the ridiculous talent. You don't find a budget KDB for example.. but you can replicate the style. They probably wouldn't be knocking on Europe's door but I don't think they would go down.
    The point being where do you find players close to the work rate or style of play on the cheap? That would rely upon pure man management skills. If you can save anyone £50m on a Kyle Walker when you can raise up existing squad players, any chairman regardless of wealth would love you.

I don't see any Man City youth academy players making the grade there for a long time.

Not so sure they would be.

He would need "budget" players but I honestly believe if he got players in to match the work rates and style of play the balance of the team could be the same, minus the ridiculous talent. You don't find a budget KDB for example.. but you can replicate the style. They probably wouldn't be knocking on Europe's door but I don't think they would go down.
    The point being where do you find players close to the work rate or style of play on the cheap? That would rely upon pure man management skills. If you can save anyone £50m on a Kyle Walker when you can raise up existing squad players, any chairman regardless of wealth would love you.

I don't see any Man City youth academy players making the grade there for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Pep made Messi look good though, with his brand of possession football. Ticky tacky or whatever it's called.
    I didn't watch man city v Chelsea rather watched barca v atletico and lo and behold the little man produced more magic again

Its the teams they are playing that make Man City "boring". They're boring because they win every week, but they're greatly helped by the attitude of so many of the teams they play. Chelsea seemed to think that a one goal defeat wasn't a bad result because it didn't do their goal difference any great harm in the attempt to finish in the top four - they were the reason today's game was such poor entertainment.

My point being you can play the same way with cheaper players.

I'm not attempting to say you will find the new Kyle walker for 3 million quid or whatever.. but rather you would looknfor a RB with high/high work rates so you could instruct him the same way...

I see the same seventeen year old Pep gives some game time to most weeks played for another five minutes or so today - I'm sure he'll start a few games for them once the title is won.

Don't bother with ccfc is my life because he's the master of goal post moving. The thread was about man city's play being pointless

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Tiring the opposition isn't pointless, but Christ the Man City-Chelsea game was boring
    Was that because of City or Chelsea?

Pointless Amazing the dross that is spouted on here, especially when those claiming Man City are boring or pointless are the same ones defending Warnock's brand of rugby. Sorry football.

Man City are 18 points clear, and they are likely to be physically impossible to catch in 3 games. Man U can get to 89 points by winning all their remaining games, meaning Man City are 11 points behind with 10 games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Was that because of City or Chelsea?
    Both, Chelsea should have had a go but Man City weer just keeping it for possession's sake at times rather than going at them. 902 passes from Man City but only 3 shots on target in the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Pointless Amazing the dross that is spouted on here, especially when those claiming Man City are boring or pointless are the same ones defending Warnock's brand of rugby. Sorry football.

Man City are 18 points clear, and they are likely to be physically impossible to catch in 3 games. Man U can get to 89 points by winning all their remaining games, meaning Man City are 11 points behind with 10 games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Its the teams they are playing that make Man City "boring". They're boring because they win every week, but they're greatly helped by the attitude of so many of the teams they play. Chelsea seemed to think that a one goal defeat wasn't a bad result because it didn't do their goal difference any great harm in the attempt to finish in the top four - they were the reason today's game was such poor entertainment.
    BIt of both really - Chelsea not good enough to get the ball off them and them not prepared to open the game up once they were in front (don’t blame them but it was painful to watch - I do agree that it was more to do with Chelsea’s inadequacies though

Since Fergie retired... which was how many years ago?

I can't recall then spending £50m on a right back then whining they have a budget to work to!
    Man United spent 31 million on Luke Shaw in 2014 which would have equated to 50 million in today's market and he can't even get near the team ffs.
    They also spent good money on Bailley and Lindelhof and he's shit!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bastard in swansea,bis total knob end.

“Amazing the dross that is spouted on here” Irony from the poor ironer

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Bastard in swansea,bis total knob end.
    Poor jeepster... still clinging to the "BIS is a jack" dinghy even though it's been blown out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    “Amazing the dross that is spouted on here” Irony from the poor ironer
    True, although people rarely debate my posts. They just get personal - which is fine by me because it means that my points are hitting home, and can't be argued against.

Poor jeepster... still clinging to the "BIS is a jack" dinghy even though it's been blown out of the water.
    still a knob end though.

902 completed passes for Man City today- a new record.
    Could they be cautioned for time wasting if theyre just passing it across the back 3 all game?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    still a knob end though.
    A knob end has uses, a steaming pile of shit doesn't.

Sorry Jeepster, I've put you on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    902 completed passes for Man City today- a new record.
    Could they be cautioned for time wasting if theyre just passing it across the back 3 all game?
    It's up to the opposition to stop that, isn't it?