+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

Re: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    A knob end has uses, a steaming pile of shit doesn't.

Sorry Jeepster, I've put you on ignore.
    Thanx for that you bell end.jack ****

I used to get bored watching Peps Barcelona, but I agree that they're probably the greatest team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I used to get bored watching Peps Barcelona, but I agree that they're probably the greatest team ever.
    Considering how much the game has evolved athletically, they probably are the greatest team. However, it would be great to see a modern team embrace the Dutch "Total Football" philosophy of the 70s. There was a flamboyance to that team that made them watchable, I enjoyed watching Barcelona in patches, and I think Man City are a little more interesting to watch. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch either of those teams, whereas I went out of my way to watch Argentina in the 80s (for example).

Considering how much the game has evolved athletically, they probably are the greatest team. However, it would be great to see a modern team embrace the Dutch "Total Football" philosophy of the 70s. There was a flamboyance to that team that made them watchable, I enjoyed watching Barcelona in patches, and I think Man City are a little more interesting to watch. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch either of those teams, whereas I went out of my way to watch Argentina in the 80s (for example).
    I had you down as being a little younger than me, so how did you go out of your way to watch Argentina in the 80s when they would only have been shown in world cups?

PS cheers to the thread starter for giving me the best football related laugh in a good while

so it looks like peps 11 a side version of futsal is winding a few people on here .

how many points are they clear ! you can't beat a bit of tik taka can you humblegringo

True, although people rarely debate my posts. They just get personal - which is fine by me because it means that my points are hitting home, and can't be argued against.
    Why do you think people rarely debate your posts? You’re not an inarticulate human being so my guess is there’s probably another reason. Yet you are still prolific which must be frustrating unless of course you have an ulterior motive?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    so it looks like peps 11 a side version of futsal is winding a few people on here .

how many points are they clear ! you can't beat a bit of tik taka can you humblegringo
    Too many on here who would rather see headless chickens

Jupp Heynckes’ Bayern team pre-Guardiola were great to watch...power and pace in abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    So bloody boring.
    Keep taking the tablets

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Jupp Heynckes’ Bayern team pre-Guardiola were great to watch...power and pace in abundance.
    Was gutted they beat Dortmund but they was brilliant having another good season since he came back. Funny enough brayern was beating by Madrid playing that style they was before pep took over

Chelsea can take some responsibility for the boring bits.

https://twitter.com/LeroySZN/status/970362457578491904

Only saw a few minutes highlights (assuming that was all to see), but seems like this thread has provided a lot more entertainment! Thanks to those for sacrificing your Sunday evenings for the benefit of others!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Chelsea can take some responsibility for the boring bits.

https://twitter.com/LeroySZN/status/970362457578491904
    I mentioned earlier in the thread at half time that an early goal 2nd half would open the game up in the hope of seeing a good game.
    Well the early goal came and this is what I genuinely thought would happen. After all, what had Chelsea got to lose?

Somebody mentioned goal difference and keeping the score down would favour Chelsea.
    This cannot have been their goal, what Conte told them, surely

The way that the Chelsea players just let them have the ball without seemingly trying was disgraceful. It was as if to say, "look they are better than us today, let's just defend the 1 nil and make it look close.

Did they have no belief in their own ability?
    Did they just not bother trying?
    Were they too good to have to work harder than they usually do in order to get the ball back and play their own game?
    Have they other agendas, like getting the manager the boot?

I don't have Sky any more, though I watched the game, and wonder are the pundits slating Chelsea the way they did Arsenal the other day?
    If not then shame on them, they should have wiped the floor with the "Premier League Champions".

Those players have taken the piss out of every football fan with that performance.
    Great role models for our kids too.

The premier league title is done and dusted for this season and unless rival managers and players to Man City find a way to compete, it will be the same story for a good while to come.

The game has lost its way big time and the sad thing is, this is what we as City fans are all aspiring to become part of.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I mentioned earlier in the thread at half time that an early goal 2nd half would open the game up in the hope of seeing a good game.
    Well the early goal came and this is what I genuinely thought would happen. After all, what had Chelsea got to lose?

Somebody mentioned goal difference and keeping the score down would favour Chelsea.
    This cannot have been their goal, what Conte told them, surely

The way that the Chelsea players just let them have the ball without seemingly trying was disgraceful. It was as if to say, "look they are better than us today, let's just defend the 1 nil and make it look close.

Did they have no belief in their own ability?
    Did they just not bother trying?
    Were they too good to have to work harder than they usually do in order to get the ball back and play their own game?
    Have they other agendas, like getting the manager the boot?

I don't have Sky any more, though I watched the game, and wonder are the pundits slating Chelsea the way they did Arsenal the other day?
    If not then shame on them, they should have wiped the floor with the "Premier League Champions".

Those players have taken the piss out of every football fan with that performance.
    Great role models for our kids too.

The premier league title is done and dusted for this season and unless rival managers and players to Man City find a way to compete, it will be the same story for a good while to come.

The game has lost its way big time and the sad thing is, this is what we as City fans are all aspiring to become part of.
    I don't think you can blame the Chelsea players for yesterday as they were clearly under instructions from Conte to play that way. You could see Hazard thinking WTF and I agree with Souness that he was just playing games to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't think you can blame the Chelsea players for yesterday as they were clearly under instructions from Conte to play that way. You could see Hazard thinking WTF and I agree with Souness that he was just playing games to make a statement.
    I didnt see Souness interview, what was the gist of It?

Basically that Conte is saying he can't compete with Man City cos he hasn't had the funds from upstairs

Man City have spent almost a Billion on players.

Never mind hoofball, the top 6 are prime examples of anti-football.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Basically that Conte is saying he can't compete with Man City cos he hasn't had the funds from upstairs
    Whilst we all agree that he could be right, this is not a reason to instruct his players to not try and at least get the ball back.
    He should be held to account as the players should.

Perhaps Abramovic is also disillusioned with the monster he helped create?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

I don't see any Man City youth academy players making the grade there for a long time.
    Apart from Foden a local lad who when fit has been involved all season

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Whilst we all agree that he could be right, this is not a reason to instruct his players to not try and at least get the ball back.
    He should be held to account as the players should.

Perhaps Abramovic is also disillusioned with the monster he helped create?
    To be honest I don't know if they weren't trying. I think they seemed to be told just don't come out and press them or they'll exploit the space between the lines. It was lame I know but I think Conte was saying we can't take them on in any other way.

I think Hazard was the one player who was clearly thinking "bollocks to this" and I don't really blame him if he was thinking "why are we falling on our sword when we can beat these"

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Apart from Foden a local lad who when fit has been involved all season
    Has he been injured? I see he’s made a total of 7 appearances this season and Man City have played 45 times.

Has he been injured? I see he’s made a total of 7 appearances this season and Man City have played 45 times.
    Hes pretty young isn’t he? Seems a decent amount of appearances for a young lad breaking into a top class team.

He got crocked at leicester in the cup so missed 2 months as far as I'm aware. He's not first 11 yet but the city fans round here (i live in Stockport) are raving about him.

Sane is one of the best wingers on the planet. He's so silky on the ball he glides past people. He only just turned 22 as well.

Watching man city is very, very boring at times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Hes pretty young isn’t he? Seems a decent amount of appearances for a young lad breaking into a top class team.
    This