+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

So bloody boring.

Re: 99%of Man City play is totally pointless.

I get the boring bit.

But keeping the ball and working much less than your opponent is one advantage I can think of right off the bat

If they spent all the time they waste with pointless passes in midfield trying to score they would be three nil up.

Thought they will get 100+

Just looked at the stats..

Chelsea no shots after 37 minutes.

They're pissing the league already won a trophy and still in the champions league and it's pointless?

Definitely their play is 99% pointless.
    They are boring and will likely get done 1-0 today.
    They deserve to be beaten today.

Keeping the ball from your opponent is far from pointless. It's pretty boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Definitely their play is 99% pointless.
    They are boring and will likely get done 1-0 today.
    They deserve to be beaten today.
    Completely disagree with you personally. Think it wares out the opponent and makes them complacent. Gives you confidence too.
    However you are putting yourself under pressure but the Man City team can cope.

Do agree that too a degree it is boring.

Wow

It's boring because the opposition just sit back

In fairness to the OP, the 'experts' have highlighted the same, without saying the word "boring".
    One shot on target from Citeh and none from Chelski.

Whilst Chelsea are not the team of last year, they do have many quality players and potential match winners in their side so Citeh are giving them due respect.

Got a feeling it will be different second half after they have sized each other up and gaps will appear, hopefully an early Citeh goal will bring Chelsea out.

Edit:
    Well there's the early goal Game On!

That was pointless too

There's no right and wrong and it's all subjective but I've got to be honest it amazes me how a lot of Cardiff fans seem to prefer Sunday league football than watching the complexities of football on display here.

If you prefer Sunday league football that's up to you but if you truly think it's pointless then you haven't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That was pointless too

"Pointless" has done me.

Respect we all have our own opinions but keeping the ball and tiring our your opponents whilst looking for gaps isn't pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Pointless" has done me.

Respect we all have our own opinions but keeping the ball and tiring our your opponents whilst looking for gaps isn't pointless.

It is if you manage to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wow
    I don’t like to cast aspersions but I think the OP hasn’t got a clue. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool are the best teams in the league to watch currently.

City are probably the best premier league team of the last 10 years at least.

I like Warnock but imagine preferring our style to Pep’s!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t like to cast aspersions but I think the OP hasn’t got a clue. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool are the best teams in the league to watch currently.

City are probably the best premier league team of the last 10 years at least.

I like Warnock but imagine preferring our style to Pep’s!
    Are they the best due to style or are they the best due to FFP clearly meaning sweet f*ck all hence having the best squad in the league by a mile?

Why shouldn't someone prefer our style of play to Pep's? Are people not allowed a choice, are people meant to automatically bow down and pay homage to Pep, clearly the greatest manager ever ( in his own mind )? Our style is fitting the players that we have. We can't blow £50m on a less than world class right back and then whine about having to work to a budget...

The way Man City have got to the stage of being able to play the football they do has been an utter disgrace. Our style is a damn sight more honest...

Man United have spent just as much and are one of the most boring teams to watch.

People are allowed a choice, some people prefer beef burgers to steak it’s all about opinions.

Our style is a damn sight more honest? We’ve been kept in business by a foreign benefactor too. Their owners are scum but people in glass houses and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Why shouldn't someone prefer our style of play to Pep's?

This thread is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

This thread is fantastic!
    Only if you're a ****wit. People are allowed to prefer one style to another. Some prefer the old style British centre forward style.. That's their perogative.

Threads like this show how biased people can be. You can want Cardiff to win every game without needing to be completely positive about them.

Warnock has done an amazing job, I’d rather us be in our position playing like Man City though.

Man United have spent just as much and are one of the most boring teams to watch.

People are allowed a choice, some people prefer beef burgers to steak it’s all about opinions.

Our style is a damn sight more honest? We’ve been kept in business by a foreign benefactor too. Their owners are scum but people in glass houses and all that.
    Man Utd have spent less, Pogba the exception and yes they are incredibly boring to watch. That's Mourinho's style.

Of course our style is more honest. How much did Man City's stadium naming rights go for? Man City aren't being kept in business by foreign owners, it's being treated as a money no object plaything by those owners.

Now as for opinions you're absolutely right. Which is why it's dumb to blast the op for having the opinion that he does. Personally I loved the British style in the 70s, hard tackling with skillful wingers beating their man, hitting the byline and puttting killer croses in for that rugged centre forward to head in. Physical and skillful.

With Man City, they can play that way precisely because the squad skill level is far and above the level of other Prem teams. That's artifical, not organic. If Pep tried to play that way with say Crysta Palce squad, it would fail.

Threads like this show how biased people can be. You can want Cardiff to win every game without needing to be completely positive about them.

Warnock has done an amazing job, I’d rather us be in our position playing like Man City though.
    And again, that's not "honest". And the reason I say that is we would require a squad far, far more skilled than others to achieve the results playing that style. That takes money.

We've cut our cloth, Warnock has achieved a miracle imo having us where we are with the squad he has. The same can't be said about Man City.