+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Zinchenko tackle on Moses

The Zinchenko tackle on Moses

Just as bad potentially as Bennett's on Sane.

City hypocrites.

See how Moses avoids injury in the rushes

Re: The Zinchenko tackle on Moses

KDB's wasn't great either. In fact worse thanDelph's v Wigan or Bennett's on Sane IMHO

In fact every time I see Man City
    play there are a few hefty challenges. No problem with these tackles going in, but let's have a bit of balance in how they are dealt with. Bennett was made out to be a mass murderer whereas the others seem to be ignored.

Their possession stats are awesome though- so it's OK

Barcelona under Pep weren't averse to getting stuck in when they lost the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    KDB's wasn't great either. In fact worse thanDelph's v Wigan or Bennett's on Sane IMHO

In fact every time I see Man City
    play there are a few hefty challenges. No problem with these tackles going in, but let's have a bit of balance in how they are dealt with. Bennett was made out to be a mass murderer whereas the others seem to be ignored.

Their possession stats are awesome though- so it's OK
    Again, you seem to struggle with the notion that each challenge should be discussed in isolation. Just because KDB put in a "bad" challenge in a game, it doesn't mean that Bennett's professional foul was any better. Also, because Sane made a quick return to fitness, it doesn't mean that Bennett's professional foul is suddenly less bad.

It was a bad challenge. Every team makes them, every team receives them - most fans acknowledge when their player made a bad challenge, a few will defend them regardless as a display of loyalty.

Ive just watched the Bennett tackle again (just to confirm it wasnt a professional foul) and its actually now got musical footage.

Link to the tackle anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Again, you seem to struggle with the notion that each challenge should be discussed in isolation. Just because KDB put in a "bad" challenge in a game, it doesn't mean that Bennett's professional foul was any better. Also, because Sane made a quick return to fitness, it doesn't mean that Bennett's professional foul is suddenly less bad.

It was a bad challenge. Every team makes them, every team receives them - most fans acknowledge when their player made a bad challenge, a few will defend them regardless as a display of loyalty.
    Pep sounded off about the tackle and led the media witch hunt against Bennett (who was completely out of his depth against Sane). This tackle was just as bad, if not worse because there is absolutely no reason for Zinchenko to fly in like that, where is Pep condemning it? 'protect the artists'. He is as classless as Mourinho but the football hierarchy of this country has to lick his ring because he has almost single handedly made the Premier League relevant again. Gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

I think it's you that is struggling.

I have no problem with Bennett's challenge being seen as bad- although nowhere near as bad as was made out at the time.

My problem is double standards.

And I think I have got every right to have that problem.

See- for example, you jumped straight on the Bennett tackle, but have not condemned one tackle since.

Double standards from you are no surprise- if there's a chance to criticise anything about our club, who you can't even call Cardiff CITY, you'll be traitor on it.

In fact you wouldn't even have commented on this unless I had mentioned it.

I've given plenty of reasons why I think Bennett was hard done by from the pundits and press and every week I see more evidence that I was right and that challenges by Premier league players are not being given anywhere near the attention that his was or described with the same OTT vitriol and dramatic terms.

I will never stop defending our players or club if I think they are being treated unfairly and whilst there are bitter and biased people out there who try to spoil things for us then someone like me is needed.

Bennett’s challenge was disgusting anyone saying anything else it just too biased.

Is there any link or photo to the tackle?

https://mobile.twitter.com/amadoit__...200640/photo/1

Late yes but I don’t think the raised leg actually touches Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Is there any link or photo to the tackle?
    Guardian report: "24 mins: Zinchenko has been booked, for an absurd sliding tackle on Moses which took out the player about 20 minutes after the ball had gone. Only a total absence of stud-on-flesh contact kept him on the pitch there."

The Times: "Zinchenko - 6. Initially looked out of sorts on his return to the starting XI. Lucky not to be sent off for a dangerous sliding challenge on Moses"

Evening Expess: "Referee Michael Oliver played advantage after a Oleksandr Zinchenko caught Victor Moses with a late tackle and Willian forced Ederson to save with his feet. Zinchenko was eventually booked for the challenge but some may argue that was lenient and, after a number of other rash challenges, he was perhaps fortunate not to see a red card."

And thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...enge_on_moses/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/amadoit__...200640/photo/1

Late yes but I don’t think the raised leg actually touches Moses.
    Correct - more by luck than judgment.

Potential leg breaker imo

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Correct - more by luck than judgment.

Potential leg breaker imo
    Agree. He's absolutely flying in there and under no control what so ever.

Terrible challenge way out of control diving in like that

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bennett’s challenge was disgusting anyone saying anything else it just too biased.
    Disgusting?

Did you ever consider that you're a little bitch and maybe football is not for you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Disgusting?

Did you ever consider that you're a little bitch and maybe football is not for you?

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post

Hate to say it, he left his foot up high, that was nothing but a deliberate foul

IMHO Bennett’s challenge was not intentional

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Hate to say it, he left his foot up high, that was nothing but a deliberate foul

IMHO Bennett’s challenge was not intentional
    His challenge was taking one for the team because Sane was in on goal he might not have meant to injure him but he definitely meant to foul him and it ended up being a disgusting challenge.

Are you grown men actually this biased ?!

Are we gonna highlight every bad challenge by a player in a Man City shirt til the end of time and compare it to Bennett's?

Do you really expect Guardiola to come out and say I apologise to everyone associated with Cardiff cos Zinchenko's tackle was bad?

Whether we like it or not our manager's reputation goes before him, and though I do think some of the whinging this season has been completely unnecessary I still remember us going mad for weeks about an assault by Claude Davis on Roger Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Are we gonna highlight every bad challenge by a player in a Man City shirt til the end of time and compare it to Bennett's?

Do you really expect Guardiola to come out and say I apologise to everyone associated with Cardiff cos Zinchenko's tackle was bad?

Whether we like it or not our manager's reputation goes before him, and though I do think some of the whinging this season has been completely unnecessary I still remember us going mad for weeks about an assault by Claude Davis on Roger Johnson.
    Who was the Palace manager at the time that Claude Davis challenge happened?

I was under the impression going in with studs up was a red card . Only reason he missed him was he was too slow . Very dangerous tackle , more by luck than anything he didn’t seriously hurt Moses .

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

And I also remember, if not mistaken, that the surgeon who treated the City player afterwards, said it was the worst damage he had ever seen to a person's windpipe in all of his medical career. Furthermore, I'm not sure if even Palace player was booked when it was a straight red.

StT.
    <><

KDB went in with studs showing, with intent
    A red card all day long.