Thread: 600 goals for club and country.

600 goals for club and country.

World Class.

Re: 600 goals for club and country.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post

World Class.

Incrediblé!

Ronaldo fastest to 300 in La Liga yesterday, what a rivalry.

286 v 334 games required to hit 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Messi is more than just a goal scorer. He's also their creator, controls the tempo of the game and best player ever, amen.

both are two of the greatest players to grace the game. unfortunately one is a 100% team player who puts the team and the result first wheras the second one is a selfish player who only cares about his individual achievements and is prone to throw hissy fits if his team mates have the audacity to shoot instead of passing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Ronaldo made his Liga debut at 24, Messi at 18.

Another way to look at it is Messi has 384 league goals at 30, Ronaldo has 388 league goals at 33 - 68 fewer games.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Messi is more than just a goal scorer. He's also their creator, controls the tempo of the game and best player ever, amen.
    Him and Diego, both argies, amazing really. Best 2 players in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    both are two of the greatest players to grace the game. unfortunately one is a 100% team player who puts the team and the result first wheras the second one is a selfish player who only cares about his individual achievements and is prone to throw hissy fits if his team mates have the audacity to shoot instead of passing to him.
    And if he doesn’t like them, they might aswell pack up. Messi is all for the team.

One thing in particular I like about Messi is that he’s not as prone as others to stupid theatrical diving

Best player I've seen in my 45 years of watching football.

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    They're both selfish players to a degree, and it's rubbish to say Ronaldo doesn't care. Messi has had the odd paddy when his teammates haven't done what he wanted. Coutinho was praised for passing the ball to Suarez on the weekend, so that Messi and Suarez will pass it back to him.

Whatever you say about Ronaldo he's a man for the big occasion. He's having a "poor" season and he's got 30 in 32 games. He's scored more than a goal a game in 5 seasons out of 9, and he's only been a maximum of 4 games off the pace, and he scored 42 that season. Messi is more technically gifted but you've got to admire Ronaldo's work ethic and drive as he's made himself comparable to Messi. Messi might be the greatest player of all time but Ronaldo is probably the best goal scorer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They're both selfish players to a degree, and it's rubbish to say Ronaldo doesn't care. Messi has had the odd paddy when his teammates haven't done what he wanted. Coutinho was praised for passing the ball to Suarez on the weekend, so that Messi and Suarez will pass it back to him.

Whatever you say about Ronaldo he's a man for the big occasion. He's having a "poor" season and he's got 30 in 32 games. He's scored more than a goal a game in 5 seasons out of 9, and he's only been a maximum of 4 games off the pace, and he scored 42 that season. Messi is more technically gifted but you've got to admire Ronaldo's work ethic and drive as he's made himself comparable to Messi. Messi might be the greatest player of all time but Ronaldo is probably the best goal scorer ever.
    I agree with some of what you're saying and Ronaldo's work ethic is incredible but if you think Messi has got where he has by some gift then I think you're mistaken. Messi has probably worked every bit as hard and has been at a disadvantage cos he'll never ever be as fast or strong as Ronaldo cos genetically he's a runt in comparison.

I agree with some of what you're saying and Ronaldo's work ethic is incredible but if you think Messi has got where he has by some gift then I think you're mistaken. Messi has probably worked every bit as hard and has been at a disadvantage cos he'll never ever be as fast or strong as Ronaldo cos genetically he's a runt in comparison.
    I'm not slagging off Messi, merely defending Ronaldo. Both have worked extremely hard to decidate themselves to football but Ronaldo may be everything bad that's said about him but when it comes to himself, he's the ultimate professional, not that I doubt Messi is anything less than that.

Always comes across as a true professional, a role model even

I often use both Ronnie and Messi to prove to my 2 girls that if you want to be the best at something, you do need to put the time and effort in and practise

Pele scored over 1000.

I rest my case except to say he was a great team player
    and he won 3 World Cup Winners medals.

Dream on Messi and Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Pele scored over 1000.

Pele's goal tally has been questioned - padded with friendly game goals; was also achieved against some pretty poor teams it has to be said.

Messi is an enigma for me - doesn't look the same player at international level.

I'm not slagging off Messi, merely defending Ronaldo.
    That's ok then

In all seriousness though I do think people often speak about Ronaldo's drive as if
    Messi hasn't got it which is bizarre. I think if people want to see Messi's level of dedication just look at how much his free kicks have improved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Pele's goal tally has been questioned - padded with friendly game goals; was also achieved against some pretty poor teams it has to be said.

Messi is an enigma for me - doesn't look the same player at international level.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football...majestic-messi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Pele scored over 1000.

Those two will score more competitive goals than Pele. Pele counted club friendlies, Messi's stats don't include them. Pele also played most of his games in the Campeonato Paulista, which is the state league of Sao Paulo which features sides well down the league ladder and meant he rarely played against the bigger sides from Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte or Gremio. Not detracting from Pele at all but you can't use that as a stick to hit Messi or Ronaldo with.

Those two will score more competitive goals than Pele. Pele counted club friendlies, Messi's stats don't include them. Pele also played most of his games in the Campeonato Paulista, which is the state league of Sao Paulo which features sides well down the league ladder and meant he rarely played against the bigger sides from Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte or Gremio. Not detracting from Pele at all but you can't use that as a stick to hit Messi or Ronaldo with.
    With respect Messi and Ronaldo have had plenty of soft games in Spain against cannon fodder , perhaps not to the extent Pele did but
    neither of them will win 3 World Cups spread over 12 years against the best teams in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    One thing in particular I like about Messi is that he’s not as prone as others to stupid theatrical diving
    Totally agree with you . Rinaldo is embarassing at times

Stats stats and more stats...

Messi has not performed for Argentina the way he has at Barcelona. You can argue it's the systems, the managers, better players around him at Barcelona.

He's still an excellent, amazing player...

Stats stats and more stats...

Messi has not performed for Argentina the way he has at Barcelona. You can argue it's the systems, the managers, better players around him at Barcelona.

He's still an excellent, amazing player...
    I'm not a fan of stats but if a team wins with a player and loses without a player then it's a pretty convincing stat.

Both are dedicated

Both seem to work really hard and commit their all to it.

I think Messi had to do it the hard way moving away etc (Not to say Ronaldo had it easy)

Both are ultimate professionals.

Messi probably has more natural skill and is for me the better player.

Ronaldo is an out and out goal scorer, probably the best goal scorer.

Not that Ronaldo doesn't play for his team, as he does, and this little pouts are because he wants to win.. not because he's up his own arse..he's worked hard to be where he is so you can forgive how he comes across now and again...
    I think Messi makes a team though..
    Watching 'Messi' on Netflix lastnight hearing people talk about the way him Xavi and Iniesta were together.. I think Messi brought that all together to the point they built a whole team around him.

Ronaldo could play for United real or psg and score goals day on day out as that's what he does.. Messi makes a team.

I've tried to avoid this thread but you are nuts he's averaged a goal every other game for Argentina and has had to carry the burden of Maradona his whole international career he somehow carried them to the world cup final and somehow got them to qualify for this year's world cup I just wish he could win the world cup so people would stop beating him with that stick