+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 600 goals for club and country.

Re: 600 goals for club and country.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I've tried to avoid this thread but you are nuts he's averaged a goal every other game for Argentina and has had to carry the burden of Maradona his whole international career he somehow carried them to the world cup final and somehow got them to qualify for this year's world cup I just wish he could win the world cup so people would stop beating him with that stick
    It is interesting to think that if Burrachaga had missed in 86 and Higuain had scored in 2014 we'd be saying that Messi had carried a team singlehandedly etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It is interesting to think that if Burrachaga had missed in 86 and Higuain had scored in 2014 we'd be saying that Messi had carried a team singlehandedly etc etc
    That’s some quality Statto type info there Lardy.
    Christ, Burrachaga I haven’t thought of that name in years 😃👏

But Maradona beat England singlehandedly ..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Both are dedicated

Both seem to work really hard and commit their all to it.

I think Messi had to do it the hard way moving away etc (Not to say Ronaldo had it easy)

Both are ultimate professionals.

Messi probably has more natural skill and is for me the better player.

Ronaldo is an out and out goal scorer, probably the best goal scorer.

Not that Ronaldo doesn't play for his team, as he does, and this little pouts are because he wants to win.. not because he's up his own arse..he's worked hard to be where he is so you can forgive how he comes across now and again...
    I think Messi makes a team though..
    Watching 'Messi' on Netflix lastnight hearing people talk about the way him Xavi and Iniesta were together.. I think Messi brought that all together to the point they built a whole team around him.

Ronaldo could play for United real or psg and score goals day on day out as that's what he does.. Messi makes a team.
    Ronaldo also had to move away from his family as a kid.

To be honest, when it come comes to Messi and Ronaldo if I were a manager I would take either of them, I wouldn't be too fussy

Both are dedicated

Both seem to work really hard and commit their all to it.

I think Messi had to do it the hard way moving away etc (Not to say Ronaldo had it easy)

Both are ultimate professionals.

Messi probably has more natural skill and is for me the better player.

Ronaldo is an out and out goal scorer, probably the best goal scorer.

Not that Ronaldo doesn't play for his team, as he does, and this little pouts are because he wants to win.. not because he's up his own arse..he's worked hard to be where he is so you can forgive how he comes across now and again...
    I think Messi makes a team though..
    Watching 'Messi' on Netflix lastnight hearing people talk about the way him Xavi and Iniesta were together.. I think Messi brought that all together to the point they built a whole team around him.

Ronaldo could play for United real or psg and score goals day on day out as that's what he does.. Messi makes a team.
    They built a whole team around Ronaldo and they've won 3 Champions Leagues in 4 years. Your argument doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They built a whole team around Ronaldo and they've won 3 Champions Leagues in 4 years. Your argument doesn't make sense.
    And they were crap before he arrived, it took a lot of engineering to turn things around. Quite an astute purchase if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And they were crap before he arrived, it took a lot of engineering to turn things around. Quite an astute purchase if you ask me.
    Look mate Ronaldo has been superb but let's not recreate history. They won La Liga in 2006/07 and 2007/08 and Ronaldo arrived in 2009 and I think they've only won it twice since he's been there.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Look mate Ronaldo has been superb but let's not recreate history. They won La Liga in 2006/07 and 2007/08 and Ronaldo arrived in 2009 and I think they've only won it twice since he's been there.
    3 x Champions Leagues in 4 years!

So La Liga is not important then? Real Madrid have done amazing in winning the Champions League but Liverpool won it in Istanbul yet you wouldn't claim that they were the best team in England. It usually required a fair bit of fortune (Vidal's sending off at the Bernabau last season for example or a penalty shoot out in the final vs Athletico after Griezmann missed a penalty in real time)

Last season I honestly thought Madrid would be untouchable for the next few years but this season they've been mediocre. Will they win the champions league this season? Maybe, but if they don't I'm pretty confident Zidane will be sacked.

So La Liga is not important then? Real Madrid have done amazing in winning the Champions League but Liverpool won it in Istanbul yet you wouldn't claim that they were the best team in England. It usually required a fair bit of fortune (Vidal's sending off at the Bernabau last season for example or a penalty shoot out in the final vs Athletico after Griezmann missed a penalty in real time)

Last season I honestly thought Madrid would be untouchable for the next few years but this season they've been mediocre. Will they win the champions league this season? Maybe, but if they don't I'm pretty confident Zidane will be sacked.
    I do think Barca have had better teams. I just think (and I'm not suggesting you're saying this) that people who say Ronaldo is a spoilt brat while Messi is an angel from heaven is cobblers. Both are incredibly driven and single minded footballers. Real Madrid is a crazy club, and while Barca is going that way, they're just about keeping the playing side on the level. Real's front line is on the decline and it doesn't help when Perez sells their best midfielders such as Xabi Alonso or di Maria to fund vanity projects like James Rodriguez.

I'd still rather Messi in my team, mind.

One thing about Ronaldo mind, although he may look the epitome of a spoilt diva brat modern day forkballer on the pitch he seems a top lad off it in regards to his charity work and generous donations.

Sorry mate but you cant compare Liverpools flukey one-off CL win to Madrid dominating the CL over the last 4 years. Completely different.

It does.

Ronaldo is a left winger he still plays left wing.

Messi was a right winger who Pep moved into a false 9 position basically (as I said) building the team around him.

Please find something telling me different.

It does.

Ronaldo is a left winger he still plays left wing.

Messi was a right winger who Pep moved into a false 9 position basically (as I said) building the team around him.

Ronaldo is now playing through the middle. Messi is now back on the right to accommodate Suarez. Both are the main men in both sides and both have the teams built to suit their needs. Both players have the team built around them regardless of where they play.

Ronaldo is now playing through the middle. Messi is now back on the right to accommodate Suarez. Both are the main men in both sides and both have the teams built to suit their needs. Both players have the team built around them regardless of where they play.

I am talking about Pep building a team around him when he broke through.

They essentially built a team around him by accommodating him in a false 9 position.

I don't argue that Ronaldo is central to Real's play, or that they have both moved to different positions under different managers, that's natural... but Ronaldo hasn't had a team built around him.

And... arguably.. the 442 frees up Messi..so is otbreally to accommodate Suarez? Who was fine in a 433?

I am talking about Pep building a team around him when he broke through.

They essentially built a team around him by accommodating him in a false 9 position.

I don't argue that Ronaldo is central to Real's play, or that they have both moved to different positions under different managers, that's natural... but Ronaldo hasn't had a team built around him.

And... arguably.. the 442 frees up Messi..so is otbreally to accommodate Suarez? Who was fine in a 433?
    Eh? He's central to their play, their key player but they don't have it built around them? That's odd.

Messi was moved to the right so MSN could play better. Messi originally played through the middle and Suarez was forced to play on the right. Who's spoilt now?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    That’s some quality Statto type info there Lardy.
    Christ, Burrachaga I haven’t thought of that name in years 😃👏
    I admit I looked it up. I thought Valdano had scored the winner but he got the second.

But Maradona beat England singlehandedly ..
    Best singlehanded performance I've ever seen NQAT

The bloke who scored the first goal I do remember due to his Glawegian name 😃😃

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Luis_Brown

Eh? He's central to their play, their key player but they don't have it built around them? That's odd.

Messi was moved to the right so MSN could play better. Messi originally played through the middle and Suarez was forced to play on the right. Who's spoilt now?
    Not sure why 2 grown men having a tidy discussion requires laughing smileys.

They built a team around him when they created his false 9 position.

Iniesta is central to Barcas play... kroos and modric the same for real but the team isn't built around them.

If we're gonna go around in circles I'll call it a day here, I've only put my opinion up.

I admit I looked it up. I thought Valdano had scored the winner but he got the second.

Definitely Burruchaga. I still remember it cos my mother made me go shopping on the train and I missed the first half!

It brought a smile to my face when I saw his name on here this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry mate but you cant compare Liverpools flukey one-off CL win to Madrid dominating the CL over the last 4 years. Completely different.
    I'm not really comparing it but even Adam Brown would be pushed to say that they deserved to beat Athletico in those finals.

Definitely Burruchaga. I still remember it cos my mother made me go shopping on the train and I missed the first half!

It brought a smile to my face when I saw his name on here this morning.
    That's terrible mate.

You can't buy anything decent on a train...

Going off that logic then Gareth Bale was more important as they didn't win the CL until he arrived