+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley Team tomorrow

Barnsley Team tomorrow

Matt Mills (injured and sick) and Adam Jackson (concussion) out according to this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0604fpr

Thats their 2 centre halves......

Apparently they play with 3 strikers and no wingers - The lad McBurnie from Swansea thats up front for them reminds me a lot of Phil Stant. Why Swansea went for the over hyped Tammy Abraham instead of this guy is surprising - he looks very useful - hopefully Morrisson is fit as with their centre halves missing we could do with him in both boxes.

Looks like they are coming with the same game plan as The Wurzels.

Re: Barnsley Team tomorrow

Have a recently appointed manager which is always a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Have a recently appointed manager which is always a worry.
    ^^This. Them and Birmingham the same. Always a worry. Hope we get through these games with maximum points.
    Spedger

Give me 4 points from these 2 games and I would snap your hand off.

Harder than they look, add in manager boosts etc..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

We will win these 2 games after that it’s anyones guess

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    We will win these 2 games after that it’s anyones guess
    Given our position/on paper etc yes...

Business end of the season after seeing us win 1 nil 3 times on the bounce I find it hard to disagree, but a win and a draw keeps us on track for a very good points total.

Yeh I agree 4 points it’s not to be frowned upon but I honestly see us picking up maximum points, there’s a lot of games after these 2 which I just cant see what’s gonna happen in any of them, we just have to go to villa and derby and not lose, the key game is villa, we cannot lose this one 👍

Yeh I agree 4 points it’s not to be frowned upon but I honestly see us picking up maximum points, there’s a lot of games after these 2 which I just cant see what’s gonna happen in any of them, we just have to go to villa and derby and not lose, the key game is villa, we cannot lose this one 👍
    I think we are capable of winning both games and winning a lot of what we have left this season, we are a bloody good team.

I'm just using logic a little rather than looking at the fixture list, 4 wins onbthe bounce in the league.. since our 4 game lose streak we habe won 6 and drawn 2. That is really cracking form. This is why I think we will have a small bump.

Don't lose to villa then.. And the little bump won't be too damaging!

I would take parking the bus against villa right now

I would take parking the bus against villa right now
    With Zohore pace and bullying up top and hoilett and maybe Harris as pacey outlets..

Yeah I'd take that.

Warrior!...nooooo
    We need 6 pts from these 2 home games.
    4 will be a failure

In that interview he says Cardiff are a strong team so we will play a strong team. Is this another case like Bristol City of a side changing the way they normally play to try and combat our strengths? Could backfire on them if it does, though I agree McBurnie will be desperate to score ( not sure why one of the play off chasers didn’t try to get him on loan, he’s always been prolific for the Jacks reserve side)

Reading the Barnsley fans comments on their fans site, they seem far more worried about their away game against Middlesborough on Saturday than they do about playing us . Seems to be the story of our season that nobody really rated us with comments like we were one of the worst teams to visit Oakwell this season

If the team cant motivate and see the blinding obvious chance of wining these games, then its best we forget this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Warrior!...nooooo
    We need 6 pts from these 2 home games.
    4 will be a failure
    Agree we need 6 points.

Just don't see a run like that happening though, so not because I don't think we are capable, but because I just can't see it happening.

If we manage to win 8 and draw 2 from 10 I will compliment posters I don't get on too good with for a week.

If we don’t win the next two home games against bottom of the league teams we can forget about automatic promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If we don’t win the next two home games against bottom of the league teams we can forget about automatic promotion!
    Remember the year we went up and towards the end teams were dropping points for fun? But people kept telling us we were certs to get caught?

Remember the year we went up and towards the end teams were dropping points for fun? But people kept telling us we were certs to get caught?
    Play poorly - draw or lose then you rely upon other teams dropping points.

Win your games, it's only in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Play poorly - draw or lose then you rely upon other teams dropping points.

Win your games, it's only in your hands.
    We haven't been in any sort of great form and have picked up points, so I'm confident personally.

But this attitude of we have to beat the small teams ornwe won't go up is wrong.
    It's about keeping a good average..we can lose twice this week and beat every one in the play offs that we have coming up.. it's not as set in stone as some make out.

This league always has been hard to pick out results.

Most people I know who gamble won't do straight wins in the championship butpick out btts..

We need to beat the likes of Barnsley and Birmingham to keep pressure on others and off us. Lose and doubts might start to creep in.

Losing won't mean we stay down but could well be a factor if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    In that interview he says Cardiff are a strong team so we will play a strong team. Is this another case like Bristol City of a side changing the way they normally play to try and combat our strengths? Could backfire on them if it does, though I agree McBurnie will be desperate to score ( not sure why one of the play off chasers didn’t try to get him on loan, he’s always been prolific for the Jacks reserve side)

Reading the Barnsley fans comments on their fans site, they seem far more worried about their away game against Middlesborough on Saturday than they do about playing us . Seems to be the story of our season that nobody really rated us with comments like we were one of the worst teams to visit Oakwell this season
    In fairness we WERE awful at Oakwell.
    They weren't much better though

Team for Barnsley (assuming Ralls out)

Apparently Barnsley don't play with wingers so that may give Warnock the chance to rest Morrison another few days leaving Morrison to fill in at RB.He may also rotate Madine and Ken as Barnsley have injury problems at the centre of defence.

Etheridge
    Connolly
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett
    NML
    Paterson
    Gujic
    Damour
    Madine
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Apparently Barnsley don't play with wingers so that may give Warnock the chance to rest Morrison another few days leaving Morrison to fill in at RB.He may also rotate Madine and Ken as Barnsley have injury problems at the centre of defence.

Etheridge
    Connolly
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett
    NML
    Paterson
    Gujic
    Damour
    Madine
    Junior
    Rest Morrison by playing him at fullback...hmmm

Their manager is saying Jackson is fit to play.

Is he their centre half who's about 6 ft 4 as they had one lad head and shoulders bigger than the rest of their side when we played them at Oakwell and he gave Danny Ward a torrid time in the air. Ward hardly had a touch.

Could be a good battle with Madine, although I wouldn't fancy Kens chances in the air against him