+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Wiggins

Bradley Wiggins

Cheat?

Hand them back Brad.

Re: Bradley Wiggins

And the evidence of cheating is where exactly?

Damian Collins was gobbing off on the news. That's the same Collins who smeared Warnock by repeting the Jason Puncheon claims under parliamentary privileger - conveniently not repeating them outside the HoC where he could be sued.

Took the rules to the limit, shameful sport like athelitcs

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Took the rules to the limit, shameful sport like athelitcs
    Cycling is such a sport that pushes that fine line and then when caught deny all knowledge of it, Saw the Wiggo ( and i am a big fan ) interview today, he really is starting to sound like Lance.

you really would have thought they would have learnt from lance armstrong ( who is back riding by all accounts, Costa Rica’s La Ruta mountian bike race, its unsanctioned, so he can race ) But they havemt

Plenty of top level athletes across numerous sports have asthma. That's not because they all decided they'd like to cheat / push the rules.

Not a fan of Wiggo whatsoever but this is nothing more than an unevidenced smear - something Collins seems to like to do to boost his own ego.

It'll be interesting to see if Wiggins takes up Morgan's offer of suing him.

Having said that, Morgan is a creep of the highest order.

I suspect dear Piers fails to understand libel laws. Onus is on him to prove his insinuation Wiggins cheated. That would be a popcorn moment, definitely...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    And the evidence of cheating is where exactly?

Damian Collins was gobbing off on the news. That's the same Collins who smeared Warnock by repeting the Jason Puncheon claims under parliamentary privileger - conveniently not repeating them outside the HoC where he could be sued.
    I don't know if Wiggins and Sky cheated, were over the ethical line, or are all honest and misunderstood - but Damian Collins is a Grade A self-promoting twat.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't know if Wiggins and Sky cheated, were over the ethical line, or are all honest and misunderstood - but Damian Collins is a Grade A self-promoting twat.
    Indeed he is.

Have all cyclists got asthma?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It appears alot of pro cyclists have ? ? ? maybe its a occupational hazard ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No they don't. Elite performance athletes have a high correlation of suffering asthma. People assume that means they are cheating due to ignorance of the reasons behind the asthma.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...nd-does-it-he/

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    In a court of law - he has done 100% nothing wrong.
    In a court of moral or public opinion - for every yes - you'll find a no.
    'Elite Performance' is very fine margins, and what he did was conveniently inside the rules
    I think it might be safe to assume if Team Sky were doing it then at least some of their oppostion were/are too. The difference is their governments and politicians don''t interfere and probably don't much care.

TRIAMCINOLONE is "very powerful" corticosteroid used to treat a variety of ailments including allergies and inflammation.

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) banned it from competition "when administered orally, intravenously, intramuscularly or rectally" in its 2014 Prohibited List.

Its effects as a performance enhancer were once laid out by Scottish former professional rider David Millar who won four stages of the Tour de France.

Not having an audit trail for the package concerned is hugely suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not having an audit trail for the package concerned is hugely suspect.
    That whole thing was an absolute farce.

BW was also asked about said package tonight on the news and he still claimed he didn't know what was in it, but I believe it was admitted that he consumed the contents anyway?!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    No they don't. Elite performance athletes have a high correlation of suffering asthma. People assume that means they are cheating due to ignorance of the reasons behind the asthma.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thin...nd-does-it-he/
    I suffer from asthma myself it just seems whenever these things pop up that they've been taking something it's been due to asthma or chest infections

In the BBC interview Wiggins admitted that he took fluimicil (a decongestant) in the form of a nebuliser on the day in question. He also said that he had no idea what was in the infamous Jiffy bag – the fluimicil could have been in it or it could have been already available where he was. The odd thing is that the Jiffy bag was specially hand delivered from the UK via Geneva to France, so if it contained fluimicil, why do that when it is readily available in pharmacies over there? That suggests that something else was in the bag but what – it seems there was no audit trail either which makes it all sound very suspicious. Surely these top athletes and those who are looking after them know they have to be whiter than white these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    In the BBC interview Wiggins admitted that he took fluimicil (a decongestant) in the form of a nebuliser on the day in question. He also said that he had no idea what was in the infamous Jiffy bag – the fluimicil could have been in it or it could have been already available where he was. The odd thing is that the Jiffy bag was specially hand delivered from the UK via Geneva to France, so if it contained fluimicil, why do that when it is readily available in pharmacies over there? That suggests that something else was in the bag but what – it seems there was no audit trail either which makes it all sound very suspicious. Surely these top athletes and those who are looking after them know they have to be whiter than white these days?
    You can get toothpaste, paracetamol and sun cream in Spain, I still pack it and take it with me.

He is a knight of the realm for god sake ,if states he's innocent who are we to doubt a sir, now pass me my unknown jiffy bag, I need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Cheat?

Hand them back Brad.
    Same a little olde innocent Mo, pi$$ed off to the States whn the going got tough, F ucking cheat

Pretty much sums up my own views.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eep-corruption

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    'Coping with failure while reaching for success means our role models should not be cyclists, or track athletes, but the England football team'.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You can get toothpaste, paracetamol and sun cream in Spain, I still pack it and take it with me.
    Don't forget the tea-bags!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So if you forgot to pack them, would you have a mate fly over with a Jiffy bag of replacements rather than buy them locally?