+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attendances

Re: Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So you don't believe there are long-term fans who stopped going as a result of the re-brand and you don't believe that the attitudes of a lot of fans changed during the re-brand era?
    Hostility towards other fans by perceived high profile supporters have certainly not helped really. Not me personally, but a few of my good friends no longer attend due to snide comments and bullying.

Feck the attendances.
    If you don`t want to go don`t go but stop whining about it ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Feck the attendances.
    If you don`t want to go don`t go but stop whining about it ffs.
    Who's whining?

Who's whining?
    So predictable

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a lot of monet for some folk and after work games in the winter are not easy as you get older.

Sunderland fans are remarkable,big club with poor team .

They will go down and cone back up as Div 1 Champions, then win the Championship the following year is my tip.
    They'll have to get a new squad and new manager first.

Who's whining?

Jirga.

Every time we win.

There are people who don't go anymore because of the rebrand.

There are people who care less since the rebrand.

These are facts. The only thing that's up debate is how many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Jirga.

Every time we win.
    Now known as The Sneaky Otter

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    So predictable
    What's the matter with you? Are we only allowed to discuss issues if the topic has your blessing?

What's the matter with you? Are we only allowed to discuss issues if the topic has your blessing?
    It is strange though that you only pop up when there are negative threads on such topics as the rebrand/crowds.

I also find it strange why someone who doesn't support a football club is bothered about the crowds or what is going on at the club

I`m just wondering if the 8,631 that turned up at reading was affected by the rebrand.
    I`m not surprised the when we sold Tosack or the when we moved across Sloper Road or The rebrand objectors are not turning up it`s the sniff of a bandwagon or a glint of glory boys that are baffling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I know its a football forum and people talk about what they want. But I find it interesting that just as we are getting a head of steam so to speak, no losses, hard any goals conceded, 2nd in table , a gap between us and 3rd place. Just as all that is starting to happen - there are still people who want to draw on the negatives - wherever they can find them.

We could be top and the crowds not great, would they still post then ?, it gives you an insight into peoples negative outlook on cardiff city, which is probably mirrored by a rather sad , negative life outside.

It's like a kid who wants to spoil everyone eles's party, because someone once spoilt theirs when they were a kid.
    Go if you want, dont go if you want, no one is holding a gun to your head eitherway.
    Working class support / economic factors are a bigger reason than any foot stomping walkout supporters, rebels without a cause anymore IMO
    This - a few mates no longer go some because of the rebrand some because of having less disposable income.
    They don't hang around on here like a dumped teenage girl. Get over yourselves - you're grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This - a few mates no longer go some because of the rebrand some because of having less disposable income.
    They don't hang around on here like a dumped teenage girl. Get over yourselves - you're grown men.

I added to the thread to point out its not a new thing for weekday games.

I agree, many post negatively when things are going well. There's a thread how Warnock was tactically wrong, thats hilarious.. Five wins on the trot and still some want to criticise.

Also, people talk about being entertained. What utter bollox, we want to win, dont even pretend entertainment comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Our attendances are what they are,if we get promoted they will increase.Our fan base is about 15,000 we are not a big club so we must go with the flow and enjoy the ride

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    It is strange though that you only pop up when there are negative threads on such topics as the rebrand/crowds.

I also find it strange why someone who doesn't support a football club is bothered about the crowds or what is going on at the club.
    As you know only too well, crowds have been relatively poor all season, particularly given the team's position in the league table. There have been loads and loads of threads about the subject. There seems to be at least one every time I log on, which admittedly is pretty rare these days. I've only ever 'popped up' on one or two such threads.

As regards being 'bothered' about City's crowds, I'm not bothered in the slightest. I've always been interested by attendances and have been posting about them on this board for many years - long before the Emperor arrived at the club - but I'm not 'bothered' about them at all. Interested, certainly. Bothered, certainly not.

It amuses me how precious some of you are, though. God forbid anyone should have an opinion if it doesn't tally with yours.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I know its a football forum and people talk about what they want. But I find it interesting that just as we are getting a head of steam so to speak, no losses, hard any goals conceded, 2nd in table , a gap between us and 3rd place. Just as all that is starting to happen - there are still people who want to draw on the negatives - wherever they can find them.

We could be top and the crowds not great, would they still post then ?, it gives you an insight into peoples negative outlook on cardiff city, which is probably mirrored by a rather sad , negative life outside.

It's like a kid who wants to spoil everyone eles's party, because someone once spoilt theirs when they were a kid.
    Go if you want, dont go if you want, no one is holding a gun to your head eitherway.
    Working class support / economic factors are a bigger reason than any foot stomping walkout supporters, rebels without a cause anymore IMO
    I didn't start this thread. I didn't even give an opinion on it. Just stated a couple of facts.

As you know only too well, crowds have been relatively poor all season, particularly given the team's position in the league table. There have been loads and loads of threads about the subject. There seems to be at least one every time I log on, which admittedly is pretty rare these days. I've only ever 'popped up' on one or two such threads.

As regards being 'bothered' about City's crowds, I'm not bothered in the slightest. I've always been interested by attendances and have been posting about them on this board for many years - long before the Emperor arrived at the club - but I'm not 'bothered' about them at all. Interested, certainly. Bothered, certainly not.

It amuses me how precious some of you are, though. God forbid anyone should have an opinion if it doesn't tally with yours.....

Do you think you may harp on about the rebrand/emperor a bit too much? Almost insisting you were right all along.

I think most fans would agree that low crowds have little to do with the rebrand/emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Do you think you may harp on about the rebrand/emperor a bit too much? Almost insisting you were right all along.

I think most fans would agree that low crowds have little to do with the rebrand/emperor.
    As far as this message board is concerned, I don't think I 'harp on' about anything a bit too much. I'm a rare visitor these days.

Almost insisting I was right all along? About what exactly?

Like a dog with a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Like a dog with a bone.

I won't supply the obvious reply.....

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

We clearly lost a good number of die hard fans through the rebrand, and thus they've stopped going and have had an effect.

However, the crap PL season, OGS, Slade and Trollope are all factors in people staying away, as well as South Wales' football public possibly being the ficklest bunch anywhere in the country, and it has been that was for as long as I can remember. We had Jason Koumas putting in one of the best individual seasons I've ever seen and we had 8k for Ipswich at home because we were mid table.

I can only think of three seasons which match this one in terms of the chances of Premier league/Division One football through automatic promotion in the time I've been supporting the club - 1970/71, 2010/11 and 2012/13. The average crowds for those seasons were 21,535, 23,194 and 22,999 respectively according to this;-

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/carc.htm

The average attendance for this season so far is 18,886, a miserable fourteenth best in the Championship. I suppose if we were to go up automatically, that figure would get pretty close to the attendance for 70/71 at least, but it's hard to see us matching the two seasons from this decade.

As far as this message board is concerned, I don't think I 'harp on' about anything a bit too much. I'm a rare visitor these days.

Almost insisting I was right all along? About what exactly?
    Try logging on and adding to the match day thread or give an opinion on performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Jirga.

Every time we win.

To be fair, I do whine a lot about the club - but the club mean(t) a lot to me and it will again. To be fair Cardiff are also winning a lot these days too - my whining is consistent and is not related to Cardiffs success.

Going back to some of the other points - there were some large crowds last night. 25000 for a mid table clash at Norwich. 18k at hapless Brum.

It would be crazy for anyone to say that the loss of crowds is down purely to the rebrand and/or Tan. I've never claimed that, despite accusations that I have. Talking of accusations, You also accused me on a forum I don't post on (but you're not obsessed, really you're not) of going in the PL season - for the record I didn't attend a single PL game. I attended some marches though.

It is equally crazy for people to claim that the rebrand has had a negligible effect.

The data sets are there. Compare 2011/12 with this season. Crowds went up in the first red season (I was there for many games) but a few of the old gang around me were losing interest. A few of us stopped after Brighton - I watched 2 more games the last being Charlton. People here boasted that the likes of TLG and Ken Smith (who both handed in their season tickets in Summer 2012 something I wish I had done) would be easily replaced. And, they were (I think Ken Smith actually replaced hisself for the PL fun). Until relegation from the EPL then both the replaceds and the replacers were nowhere to be seen.

Alfie Sherwood, Thames Valley Blue, Jordi Cule - just some posters alongside TLG who no longer go because of the rebrand. People still dispute that these people exist.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can only think of three seasons which match this one in terms of the chances of Premier league/Division One football through automatic promotion in the time I've been supporting the club - 1970/71, 2010/11 and 2012/13. The average crowds for those seasons were 21,535, 23,194 and 22,999 respectively according to this;-

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/carc.htm

The average attendance for this season so far is 18,886, a miserable fourteenth best in the Championship. I suppose if we were to go up automatically, that figure would get pretty close to the attendance for 70/71 at least, but it's hard to see us matching the two seasons from this decade.
    What are the averages since the move to CCS?