Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Jirga.

Every time we win.
    Now known as The Sneaky Otter

Re: Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Jirga.

Every time we win.

To be fair, I do whine a lot about the club - but the club mean(t) a lot to me and it will again. To be fair Cardiff are also winning a lot these days too - my whining is consistent and is not related to Cardiffs success.

Going back to some of the other points - there were some large crowds last night. 25000 for a mid table clash at Norwich. 18k at hapless Brum.

It would be crazy for anyone to say that the loss of crowds is down purely to the rebrand and/or Tan. I've never claimed that, despite accusations that I have. Talking of accusations, You also accused me on a forum I don't post on (but you're not obsessed, really you're not) of going in the PL season - for the record I didn't attend a single PL game. I attended some marches though.

It is equally crazy for people to claim that the rebrand has had a negligible effect.

The data sets are there. Compare 2011/12 with this season. Crowds went up in the first red season (I was there for many games) but a few of the old gang around me were losing interest. A few of us stopped after Brighton - I watched 2 more games the last being Charlton. People here boasted that the likes of TLG and Ken Smith (who both handed in their season tickets in Summer 2012 something I wish I had done) would be easily replaced. And, they were (I think Ken Smith actually replaced hisself for the PL fun). Until relegation from the EPL then both the replaceds and the replacers were nowhere to be seen.

Alfie Sherwood, Thames Valley Blue, Jordi Cule - just some posters alongside TLG who no longer go because of the rebrand. People still dispute that these people exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

To be fair, I do whine a lot about the club - but the club mean(t) a lot to me and it will again. To be fair Cardiff are also winning a lot these days too - my whining is consistent and is not related to Cardiffs success.

Going back to some of the other points - there were some large crowds last night. 25000 for a mid table clash at Norwich. 18k at hapless Brum.

It would be crazy for anyone to say that the loss of crowds is down purely to the rebrand and/or Tan. I've never claimed that, despite accusations that I have. Talking of accusations, You also accused me on a forum I don't post on (but you're not obsessed, really you're not) of going in the PL season - for the record I didn't attend a single PL game. I attended some marches though.

It is equally crazy for people to claim that the rebrand has had a negligible effect.

The data sets are there. Compare 2011/12 with this season. Crowds went up in the first red season (I was there for many games) but a few of the old gang around me were losing interest. A few of us stopped after Brighton - I watched 2 more games the last being Charlton. People here boasted that the likes of TLG and Ken Smith (who both handed in their season tickets in Summer 2012 something I wish I had done) would be easily replaced. And, they were (I think Ken Smith actually replaced hisself for the PL fun). Until relegation from the EPL then both the replaceds and the replacers were nowhere to be seen.

Alfie Sherwood, Thames Valley Blue, Jordi Cule - just some posters alongside TLG who no longer go because of the rebrand. People still dispute that these people exist.
    How though? What if Tan stays for 10 or 20 more years. You could be pushing 60 by then and have wasted years of your life.

I gave my ticket back so I could make my own mind up without feeling like I was forced to going. It cost me £30 and got the rest of my money back. I went to my first game after about 6/7 games as one of the boys wasn't going. I decided I could cope, although I didn't go to the Brighton game which would probably have turned me off for life.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    How though? What if Tan stays for 10 or 20 more years. You could be pushing 60 by then and have wasted years of your life.

I gave my ticket back so I could make my own mind up without feeling like I was forced to going. It cost me £30 and got the rest of my money back. I went to my first game after about 6/7 games as one of the boys wasn't going. I decided I could cope, although I didn't go to the Brighton game which would probably have turned me off for life.
    Ah, so your boycott was over before Christmas? Fair play, you have a brass neck to pour any scorn on my decision to wait to see how the crowd responded to the rebrand. I got stung, I couldn't get a refund because I watched that Huddersfield game - and that game wasn't worth £399 so I continued watching games. As did you - just as soon as the PL became a reality - For the record, I saw 0 Cardiff games in the Premier League. How many did you see?

Ah, so your boycott was over before Christmas? Fair play, you have a brass neck to pour any scorn on my decision to wait to see how the crowd responded to the rebrand. I got stung, I couldn't get a refund because I watched that Huddersfield game - and that game wasn't worth £399 so I continued watching games. As did you - just as soon as the PL became a reality - For the record, I saw 0 Cardiff games in the Premier League. How many did you see?
    More likely, Ken, you got a refund because the team weren't in the Premier League like you had hoped. Others were getting a refund because they felt strongly (more strongly than you or I) about the rebrand. You took the chance to join them because you couldn't stomach another season in the Championship.

Then, the team started winning. Premier League football was looking likely. So you ended your 5 game boycott and have been going ever since. You're a glory hunter...

More likely, Ken, you got a refund because the team weren't in the Premier League like you had hoped. Others were getting a refund because they felt strongly (more strongly than you or I) about the rebrand. You took the chance to join them because you couldn't stomach another season in the Championship.

Then, the team started winning. Premier League football was looking likely. So you ended your 5 game boycott and have been going ever since. You're a glory hunter...

More the fact I missed going to the pub before the match to be honest.

Anyway BIS, answer my question. What if Tan stays for 10 more years (or longer)?
    You have said you will come back above, so are you going to waste 10/20 years on a message-board waiting for Tan to sell up or are you just going to get on with it?

If you clearly feel that disenfranchised with Cardiff City F.C why do you still post on this board then ?

Why don’t you post on a forum that you are passionate about, whether it be another sport, a swimming forum, Rugby....

Can you explain why you continue to post on here ?