Joe Bonamassa is coming to Motorpoint on Friday. I saw and thoroughly enjoyed his show last time he was here in 2015 and wanted to see him again. But I hesitated before booking. The seats on the floor are a cool £100 (+ unless you go to the booking office). On the wings, the seats are £90.

Now Joe and the band work hard. They are on stage for well into two hours with no break, but £100/90 is a helluva price.

This is the latest available seating diagram:

JB.jpg

As you can see, the aircraft hanger is only about 80% full - and it's going to be noticeable, not least to Joe. Last time when seats were about £20 cheaper, the show was sold out. The other consideration is the demographic. I'd say the average age of the audience was around 55 - 60.

So I reckon there's a tipping point here. Joe is a huge draw but he hasn't drawn this time. £100 is a bridge too far even for those with disposable incomes.

Joe Satriani is playing at Bristol. I enjoyed his set more than Bonamassa's in 2015 but I am not paying the seat price and the cost of travel and parking. My personal tipping point.