+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Five straights wins for Cardiff City and yet doubts remain.

Five straights wins for Cardiff City and yet doubts remain.

Re: Five straights wins for Cardiff City and yet doubts remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think the secrecy behind the stories Bob is that who we have available will dictate how we play, so being the rather canny manager he is, Warnock will give nowt away.
    We are running on empty as far as players go, but Harris was adequate last night, match rusty though, Mendez showed the sort of form that he had earlier in the season.
    It's up to some players to step up now.

It should have been 3 or 4-1

Where was Madine last night ?

I remember the promotion season under Malky, and was it me or did we have bigger crowds then ?
    We had 4,000 free family stand tickets at the time which boosted our attendances

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think the secrecy behind the stories Bob is that who we have available will dictate how we play, so being the rather canny manager he is, Warnock will give nowt away.
    We are running on empty as far as players go, but Harris was adequate last night, match rusty though, Mendez showed the sort of form that he had earlier in the season.
    It's up to some players to step up now.

It should have been 3 or 4-1

Where was Madine last night ?

I remember the promotion season under Malky, and was it me or did we have bigger crowds then ?
    Madine is injured with a cracked rib. Nothing from the club on this I think, but he was in the lift (Madine) last night and told me. A month out he reckons, although whether that's a month from when he did it or a month from now I don't know.

Thanks Bob. I have the same worries as you that it will all fall apart largely due to our ridiculous injury list.Can I suggest that the intensity we play at is the root cause?
    On the secrecy bit, I understand why Warnock is being guarded about those injuries but I can't help feeling that it is making us look a bit foolish when we have information from good sources that Ralls and Madine are injured, possibly long term, let alone the other players you mention.
    FWIW I think Pelts and Traore will be back in the squad Sat, with Bamba moving into MF if Paterson missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Thanks Bob. I have the same worries as you that it will all fall apart largely due to our ridiculous injury list.Can I suggest that the intensity we play at is the root cause?
    On the secrecy bit, I understand why Warnock is being guarded about those injuries but I can't help feeling that it is making us look a bit foolish when we have information from good sources that Ralls and Madine are injured, possibly long term, let alone the other players you mention.
    FWIW I think Pelts and Traore will be back in the squad Sat, with Bamba moving into MF if Paterson missing.
    I totally forgot about Traore! I can't see him ousting Bennett from the left back spot though, but he could play wide left as he did against Middlesbrough ? Problem is we don't have enough widemen.....Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Feeney, Harris, Wildschut and Traore. I've never seen us have so many wingers.

I answer to Bob's point I just started a thread on our remaining fixtures, the content of which could be complete rubbish, we could go and win 11 on the bounce, we are picking up points like the 2013 promotion team.

As Harris has been put so long , I'd bench him and use him as a 15 minute impact sub and I would play these guys before him

Feeney, Wildschut , Pilks and Traore.

Wonder if Pilk's could play midfield ?

Is ward due back soon?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Madine is injured with a cracked rib. Nothing from the club on this I think, but he was in the lift (Madine) last night and told me. A month out he reckons, although whether that's a month from when he did it or a month from now I don't know.
    David Brooks was scolded by his manager forgiving out information regarding his injury status as it could aid the opposition in their planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Is ward due back soon?
    Out for the season last I heard

Even though the amount of injuries could be down to bad luck what really concerns me is the length of time from the injury occurring to the club seeking medical treatment. If Ralls did get injured against Bristol City then that means the club have waited 11 days for a scan. I remember long delays between Zohore missing games until the operated on his foot and what seems an age between Gunnarsson getting injured and then having an Op around Christmas time.

The club really need to reduce these diagnosis and operation delays.

Thanks TOBW, brilliant read , I have given wondering up about crowds , referees, injuries , it's just an unexpected journey this year .

Yes ,a nerve shredder last night .

Everytime I think hey thats it ,I look and still see us in second place , how its going to end is now down to desire to win ,or not give in , which is the one thing we have in our locker .

All Championship clubs have serious injury problems. It’s the nature of the League.

You are back to the two points per game average. That’s a great effort. Now it’s time to hold your nerve. At worst it’s the agony of the play offs but it might be even better than that. You do have to keep winning though. At the moment you are grinding out results. You have to keep doing it.

If Ralls has an injury that includes a swelling, a scan would be useless and they would wait for the swelling to subside before proceeding.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    If Ralls has an injury that includes a swelling, a scan would be useless and they would wait for the swelling to subside before proceeding.
    Back in the day I used to have swellings, all in the distant past now.

Morrison will be back on Tuesday is my guess.

Great read Bob!
    All I can say is I'm glad we don't play Barnsley every week, very physical and can pass a bit too . They are capable of taking points off any of the top teams imo. Brad Potts (no. 20) stood out for me as well as McBurnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Great read Bob!
    All I can say is I'm glad we don't play Barnsley every week, very physical and can pass a bit too . They are capable of taking points off any of the top teams imo. Brad Potts (no. 20) stood out for me as well as McBurnie.
    Yes, I thought Potts was very good.