At the same stage of the season, i.e. after 35 games, we had 71 points 5 years ago.

I the remaining 11 games we only won 3, drew 7 , and lost just once.

It wasn't so close then though, and we will need to get a better run in that we did then. At home we have 5 left and I expect us to beat Birmingham, Burton, Forest and Reading and would take a draw against Wolves. Away I predict we'll draw at Brentford and Derby, lose to Sheff U, Villa , and Norwich, leaving Hull as a winnable game. If we get these results we could get 18 points which would give us 88 and I would hope that would be enough for a top two place as Villa would have to get 23 or more points to go above us.

This weekend it's PNE v Fulham, Villa v Wolves and Forest v Derby.

The only other 'big' games after that are Wolves v Derby on April 10 and Villa v Derby on 28 April, and last game of the season sees Sunderland v Wolves. Our 4 games v Sheffield U, Derby and Villa away and home to Wolves are huge games for us.

But it's football and as one of the great philosophers once said "It's a funny old game".

I just hope last game of the season we go up automatically after beating Reading and some other team not to far away go down.