+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Boy On The Roof - Paul Ferris

The Boy On The Roof - Paul Ferris

Somebody recommended this book on here about a month ago.

I just finished listening to the audiobook. It’s fantastic.

I know a fair bit about Ireland in the 70’s and 80’s through family but this gives so much more insight

At it’s core though it’s a football book about Newcastle United and it provides some fantastic insight into lots of household names.

Souness, Shearer, Gullitt, Robson, Barton, Dalglish - some good, some bad, some awful

He was also big pals with John Carver - he mentions that he moved to Cardiff - I don’t remember that

Anyway whether you want to read or listen - I’d heartily recommend. Best football book for many years in my opinion

Re: The Boy On The Roof - Paul Ferris

Yes, John Carver came to Cardiff at the start of the 85/6 season , I think on a short term deal. He played the first 13 games as I recall and then left and joined Newcastle Blue Star in no League football.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes, John Carver came to Cardiff at the start of the 85/6 season , I think on a short term deal. He played the first 13 games as I recall and then left and joined Newcastle Blue Star in no League football.
    That might be the worst City side I can remember. Back-to-back relegations.

Paul Ferris has been put through the mangle right enough, as he was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year.