+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club Debt

Re: Club Debt

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Will you ever go back to watching every game?
    Never say never, but I very much doubt it. I'm sure I'd go to a few more games if there was a change of ownership. You never know, I might even buy the occasional ticket. However, I can't imagine buying a season ticket again. Maybe when I retire.....

TLG - are going to some games now?

Ignore now seen your earlier comment - glad to hear you go to some games

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    as principal debt and equity holder, he doesn't need to.

Exactly .....

Interesting read concerning the difference between debt and equity: http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=3599

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Plenty of straw men here, always tends to go that way when certain questions are asked.

Like - why isn't Tan converting debt to equity?
    From the poster who was all over this site predicting around this time there would not be a professional football club in Cardiff.

No winding up orders , no sign of admin , no sign of HMRC on the door.

Things looking ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    From the poster who was all over this site predicting around this time there would not be a professional football club in Cardiff.

No winding up orders , no sign of admin , no sign of HMRC on the door.

Things looking ok to me.

I’m amazed people still get wound up by BIS/roathy regarding all issues Cardiff. Hes never set foot in ninian Park or the ccs unless it was with visiting jack fans and even then I doubt that.
    Start a derogatory thread about the jacks and watch him bite

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    The accounts are pretty straight forward
    This year :-
    CCFC spent some money
    CCFC made some money
    CCFC borrowed some money

Please call back again next year for more of the same and how about attending some Fecking games!!!
    Good summary ,very well positioned, that should really close this thread.

Hopefully all this angst and energy , will be on show and propelled out of one's mouths, in an attempt to support the boooooys on Saturday .

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is (another £10m in the latest accounts) and he is also not charging interest on his remaining debt. That blows your arguments right out of the water. Are you going to come back now - no I didnt think so, because you will just find something else to complain about.
    In February 2016 Tan said he was converting 68m of debt into equity immediately. Did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Interesting read concerning the difference between debt and equity: http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=3599
    Interesting that article was written in May 2014. There have been more promises of converting debt to equity since then, and none have been realised. Why does he keep making promises, is it to keep fans quiet, or is it "fake news"? I talked to some of my mates lunch-time about this, they were all of the opinion that Tan had converted all debt to equity. Probably, stemming from the news article where Tan's language is quite definite - "£68m of debt to equity - immediately".

In February 2016 Tan said he was converting 68m of debt into equity immediately. Did this happen?
    Why do you actually care?

Are you a shareholder ?

Do you purchase match tickets ?

Do you buy merchandise?

Does VT owe you the debt ?

What the debt is really has nothing to do with any of us.

I eat in wagamamas now and again. As long as the food is ok I don’t care what their debts are

I go on TUI holidays and I know they have had problems but it’s not my concern.

Are you worried what Real Madrid’s debt is ?

Probably 90% of Uk football teams are in debt. As long as the HMRC are not knocking at the door then they will continue trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why do you actually care?

Are you a shareholder ?

Do you purchase match tickets ?

Do you buy merchandise?

Does VT owe you the debt ?

What the debt is really has nothing to do with any of us.

I eat in wagamamas now and again. As long as the food is ok I don’t care what their debts are

I go on TUI holidays and I know they have had problems but it’s not my concern.

Are you worried what Real Madrid’s debt is ?

Probably 90% of Uk football teams are in debt. As long as the HMRC are not knocking at the door then they will continue trading.

Lots of questions.... I only asked one.

In February 2016, Vincent Tan claimed he was converting £68m of debt to equity immediately. Did he mean it? Why didn't he do it? Was he lying to fans? Is there a reason why this hasn't happened, if so why wasn't it mentioned in the accounts?

The rest of your post is full of strawmen, it is fine if you are unwilling to answer my point, but I will answer the only real question you asked.

"Why do you care?"

My answer is, why don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Simple - the debt isnt mine, the repayments arent my responsibility either. I think when he does convert the debt to equity will be the day he sells.

Having a big debt - does that mean he can offset against other profits in other parts of his businesses ? and so then doesnt pay tax. Like Donald Trump did as well as Starbucks, Google etc etc
    I would imagine that there are different tax rules in different countries Feedy.

Tan didn't make good on his promise in February 2016. I am amazed that people still take him at his word on other things - especially when the backdrop is a decade of Sam Hammam's lies, deceit, and financial incompetence. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Lots of questions.... I only asked one.

In February 2016, Vincent Tan claimed he was converting £68m of debt to equity immediately. Did he mean it? Why didn't he do it? Was he lying to fans? Is there a reason why this hasn't happened, if so why wasn't it mentioned in the accounts?

The rest of your post is full of strawmen, it is fine if you are unwilling to answer my point, but I will answer the only real question you asked.

"Why do you care?"

My answer is, why don't you?
    Honestly, because I have a wife, and family that comes first and they are my priority. Then I have other hobbies and past times that mean a lot to me. I do however ,have extended family who need looking after from time to time and I suppose that is quite a worry.

I love Cardiff City but I do not worry about their finances, I was a bit concerned when Sam Hammam threatened to close us down, but thankfully he’s been paid off.

Why don’t you just treat the club as I do and go down tomorrow and cheer the team on ?

I have a spare ticket you can have for free if your intrested although the down side of that is you will be sat next to me and a few mates.

No it didn't.

But since then he has (at least - I may have missed some items) converted £20.7m of debt to equity, written off another £10m and waived all interest on his loans to the club.

He made a major claim in the fans Q&A meeting in February 2016 - but the club subsequently said that Malaysian financial regulations prevented him from making good straight away, and Dalman also came out later to say that in changing circumstances he advised Tan against a big bang debt to equity conversion.

What we have seen is consistent financial support in the transfer windows and for the day to day running of the club, and smaller scale write-offs and conversions.

It is not what was said in February 2016, but it is significant and seems to be continuing as part of a clear strategy by the owner and the board.

Honestly, because I have a wife, and family that comes first and they are my priority. Then I have other hobbies and past times that mean a lot to me. I do however ,have extended family who need looking after from time to time and I suppose that is quite a worry.

I love Cardiff City but I do not worry about their finances, I was a bit concerned when Sam Hammam threatened to close us down, but thankfully he’s been paid off.

Why don’t you just treat the club as I do and go down tomorrow and cheer the team on ?

I have a spare ticket you can have for free if your intrested although the down side of that is you will be sat next to me and a few mates.
    Thanks for the offer, but I am spending Saturday with my wife and kid.

Thanks for the offer, but I am spending Saturday with my wife and kid.

No offence but you spend way too much time on here fretting about things you have no control over. Take your wife and kid to Kaspers tomorrow, for a treat, they will love you for it.

I don't get the notion of not going to see City play because they don't like the owner, because of the change to red or for some other reason. Although I respect the fact that an individual can do what they want....attend or not attend, like Tan or dislike Tan etc.

I had a season and a half of attending often but not all the time, 14/15 & 15/16. Yes it was boring and I found it hard to get enthused about the club. The reversion back to blue helped.

But I realised I actually like going to watch a football team, my team is Cardiff so it's natural for me to go down to the CCS on a Saturday or Tuesday. I actually like watching a game of football for 90 minutes or so. My team is City so I watch them. I wouldn't support anyone else.

I've watched City long enough to know that we can mess things up pretty easily, on and off the pitch. But I actually like watching a game of football, the rest of it...Tan, the manager, the transfers, the finances are all interesting but I still get a buzz when City win, whether it's 2-1 against Barnsley by hanging on for the second half or by beating Birmingham 5-0, like we'll hopefully will do tomorrow.

No offence but you spend way too much time on here fretting obout things you have no control over. Take your wife and kid to Kaspers , tomorrow they will love you for it.
    Thanks for the lecture.

You know it’s true bra .....

You know it’s true bra .....
    What is true? You seem to be accusing me of neglecting my family to post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Every time I read these posts from the sour patch kids (and there have been many cut and paste masterpieces over the years) it always makes me think of the work of Carol Dweck on what she calls ‘Mindsets’. Look her up boys - it may change your lives
    You got it kiddo. Sounds like listeninga not your thing. Maybe try reading to avoid the droning. It’s the fixed mindset that resonated with me about you and your sour patch pal

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I don't get the notion of not going to see City play because they don't like the owner, because of the change to red or for some other reason. Although I respect the fact that an individual can do what they want....attend or not attend, like Tan or dislike Tan etc.

I had a season and a half of attending often but not all the time, 14/15 & 15/16. Yes it was boring and I found it hard to get enthused about the club. The reversion back to blue helped.

But I realised I actually like going to watch a football team, my team is Cardiff so it's natural for me to go down to the CCS on a Saturday or Tuesday. I actually like watching a game of football for 90 minutes or so. My team is City so I watch them. I wouldn't support anyone else.

I've watched City long enough to know that we can mess things up pretty easily, on and off the pitch. But I actually like watching a game of football, the rest of it...Tan, the manager, the transfers, the finances are all interesting but I still get a buzz when City win, whether it's 2-1 against Barnsley by hanging on for the second half or by beating Birmingham 5-0, like we'll hopefully will do tomorrow.
    Hear hear. One of life’s simple pleasures. Live football in the city of my birth and the team I’ve followed all my life is a special treat that I unfortunately don’t get the chance to do more than once every 18 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You got it kiddo. Sounds like listeninga not your thing. Maybe try reading to avoid the droning. It’s the fixed mindset that resonated with me about you and your sour patch pal
    You tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You tell him.
    Talking to myself..... 😂😂😂.stupid turd that I am. I just realised I did it and you beat me to it before I could edit and save a morsel of credibility.

It’s been a long week.

I hope he considers himself well and truly told😇

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm on a year-long course in work at the moment, during which I've had to listen to a couple of podcasts featuring Carol Dweck. As I recall, she was droning on about growth mindsets, fixed mindsets, etc. Not only does she have a seriously irritating voice, but the content of those podcasts weren't up to much as far as I was concerned. They certainly weren't life-changing in any way, but each to their own.

Thanks Baloo 🤬