+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Debt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Club Debt

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Of course he read it. You should watch the Jordan Peterson interview so you can understand the futility of creating a straw man that clearly doesn't exist.
    Plenty of straw men here, always tends to go that way when certain questions are asked.

Like - why isn't Tan converting debt to equity?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Plenty of straw men here, always tends to go that way when certain questions are asked.

as principal debt and equity holder, he doesn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    as principal debt and equity holder, he doesn't need to.

Exactly .....

Interesting read concerning the difference between debt and equity: http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=3599

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Interesting read concerning the difference between debt and equity: http://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=3599
    Interesting that article was written in May 2014. There have been more promises of converting debt to equity since then, and none have been realised. Why does he keep making promises, is it to keep fans quiet, or is it "fake news"? I talked to some of my mates lunch-time about this, they were all of the opinion that Tan had converted all debt to equity. Probably, stemming from the news article where Tan's language is quite definite - "£68m of debt to equity - immediately".

He is (another £10m in the latest accounts) and he is also not charging interest on his remaining debt. That blows your arguments right out of the water. Are you going to come back now - no I didnt think so, because you will just find something else to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He is (another £10m in the latest accounts) and he is also not charging interest on his remaining debt. That blows your arguments right out of the water. Are you going to come back now - no I didnt think so, because you will just find something else to complain about.
    In February 2016 Tan said he was converting 68m of debt into equity immediately. Did this happen?

In February 2016 Tan said he was converting 68m of debt into equity immediately. Did this happen?
    Why do you actually care?

Are you a shareholder ?

Do you purchase match tickets ?

Do you buy merchandise?

Does VT owe you the debt ?

What the debt is really has nothing to do with any of us.

I eat in wagamamas now and again. As long as the food is ok I don’t care what their debts are

I go on TUI holidays and I know they have had problems but it’s not my concern.

Are you worried what Real Madrid’s debt is ?

Probably 90% of Uk football teams are in debt. As long as the HMRC are not knocking at the door then they will continue trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why do you actually care?

Are you a shareholder ?

Do you purchase match tickets ?

Do you buy merchandise?

Does VT owe you the debt ?

What the debt is really has nothing to do with any of us.

I eat in wagamamas now and again. As long as the food is ok I don’t care what their debts are

I go on TUI holidays and I know they have had problems but it’s not my concern.

Are you worried what Real Madrid’s debt is ?

Probably 90% of Uk football teams are in debt. As long as the HMRC are not knocking at the door then they will continue trading.

Lots of questions.... I only asked one.

In February 2016, Vincent Tan claimed he was converting £68m of debt to equity immediately. Did he mean it? Why didn't he do it? Was he lying to fans? Is there a reason why this hasn't happened, if so why wasn't it mentioned in the accounts?

The rest of your post is full of strawmen, it is fine if you are unwilling to answer my point, but I will answer the only real question you asked.

"Why do you care?"

My answer is, why don't you?

Lots of questions.... I only asked one.

In February 2016, Vincent Tan claimed he was converting £68m of debt to equity immediately. Did he mean it? Why didn't he do it? Was he lying to fans? Is there a reason why this hasn't happened, if so why wasn't it mentioned in the accounts?

The rest of your post is full of strawmen, it is fine if you are unwilling to answer my point, but I will answer the only real question you asked.

"Why do you care?"

My answer is, why don't you?
    Honestly, because I have a wife, and family that comes first and they are my priority. Then I have other hobbies and past times that mean a lot to me. I do however ,have extended family who need looking after from time to time and I suppose that is quite a worry.

I love Cardiff City but I do not worry about their finances, I was a bit concerned when Sam Hammam threatened to close us down, but thankfully he’s been paid off.

Why don’t you just treat the club as I do and go down tomorrow and cheer the team on ?

I have a spare ticket you can have for free if your intrested although the down side of that is you will be sat next to me and a few mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Honestly, because I have a wife, and family that comes first and they are my priority. Then I have other hobbies and past times that mean a lot to me. I do however ,have extended family who need looking after from time to time and I suppose that is quite a worry.

I love Cardiff City but I do not worry about their finances, I was a bit concerned when Sam Hammam threatened to close us down, but thankfully he’s been paid off.

Why don’t you just treat the club as I do and go down tomorrow and cheer the team on ?

I have a spare ticket you can have for free if your intrested although the down side of that is you will be sat next to me and a few mates.
    Thanks for the offer, but I am spending Saturday with my wife and kid.

No it didn't.

But since then he has (at least - I may have missed some items) converted £20.7m of debt to equity, written off another £10m and waived all interest on his loans to the club.

He made a major claim in the fans Q&A meeting in February 2016 - but the club subsequently said that Malaysian financial regulations prevented him from making good straight away, and Dalman also came out later to say that in changing circumstances he advised Tan against a big bang debt to equity conversion.

What we have seen is consistent financial support in the transfer windows and for the day to day running of the club, and smaller scale write-offs and conversions.

It is not what was said in February 2016, but it is significant and seems to be continuing as part of a clear strategy by the owner and the board.

From the poster who was all over this site predicting around this time there would not be a professional football club in Cardiff.

No winding up orders , no sign of admin , no sign of HMRC on the door.

Things looking ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    From the poster who was all over this site predicting around this time there would not be a professional football club in Cardiff.

No winding up orders , no sign of admin , no sign of HMRC on the door.

Things looking ok to me.

I’m amazed people still get wound up by BIS/roathy regarding all issues Cardiff. Hes never set foot in ninian Park or the ccs unless it was with visiting jack fans and even then I doubt that.
    Start a derogatory thread about the jacks and watch him bite