+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Villa and Fulham could come unstuck

Re: Where Villa and Fulham could come unstuck

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was suggesting that things are far from plain sailing for Villa and Fulham. There seems to be a number of City fans expecting them to win most of their games and go on some herculean run of form. I don't quite buy into that train of thought. If either of them average 2 points a game between now and the end of the season then credit to them, but that's a tough act.
    Just like Fulham surreal run can't continue till the end of the season, I don't think Brums losing streak can either. We have a load of ups and downs to go yet but I think we are stubborn enough.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    If we finish the season with equal goal difference, the next stage is goals scored. The point I'm making is that if we're on the same points and GD at the end of the season as Villa or Fulham, it would be goals scored as the next measure - Fulham at the moment have scored 10 more goals than us.

If we draw 3 games 0-0 and Fulham win 3 games 2-1 we'd have the same GD as we do now, but Fulham will have scored 16 goals more than us, with a GD of an extra +3, and 9 points compared to our 3.

So no, less goals conceded doesn't always equal more points.
    And if your auntie had bollox she'd be you uncle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Just like Fulham surreal run can't continue till the end of the season, I don't think Brums losing streak can either. We have a load of ups and downs to go yet but I think we are stubborn enough.
    Indeed. There's rarely such a thing as a banker in this division. When we won this division 5 years ago we lost twice to relegated Peterborough and at bottom of the table Bristol City yet beat all the other sides in the top 6 bar Brighton. Hull City, who eventually finished second, had Wolves, Bristol City and Barnsley in their last 4 games. Those sides finished in the bottom 4. Hull's points total from those 3 games? 1. Even Watford lost at some lowly sides in the run-in.