+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Average Points Per Game This Season At The City

Average Points Per Game This Season At The City

Fantastic return

Keep that up for the remaining 11 games and we are automatically promoted.

Re: Average Points Per Game This Season At The City

It doesnt matter

havent you heard we are doomed, its the debt see

fingers crossed we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Fantastic return

Keep that up for the remaining 11 games and we are automatically promoted.
    Always saw 2 points per game as the target, and then you 'should' have a bit of room to manoeuvre. To have this after 35 games is some achievement

And Warnock has a 50% win ratio as well since taking over, unbelievable.

Amazingly IF we win on Saturday we will have one point more after 36 games than we had after 36 games of our 2012/13 promotion winning season (one less at the moment). Of course the points profile of this season's league is very different from 12/13 when at this stage automatic promotion for us looked probable rather than possible. Ourselves, Wolves, Villa and Fulham all have a points per game ratio which during most seasons would be looking good for an automatic spot. Conversely there are eight teams at the bottom who have the kind of points per game average which over a season would normally lead to relegation. This is why predictions of how many points we need to go up etc are difficult to make.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    And Warnock has a 50% win ratio as well since taking over, unbelievable.
    I'd say it's better than that it's unfeckingbelievable.

International

""It's generally reckoned that if you get 20 points from every ten games you will gain automatic promotion from this league. City have 23, so first hurdle cleared and 3 points in the bank to save for a dodgy spell. But still a long way to go, as everyone keeps reminding us.

So given that we have played most of the so called contenders so far, Wolves, Leeds Preston Villa Sheffield United and Wednesday: what do you think are our chances of getting Twenty from the next 10?

Derby (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Milwall (H)
    Ipswich (H)
    Bristol ((A)
    Brentford (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Nottingham forest (A)
    Norwich (H)

With my ever 'glass half full' specs on I think we can get 22 from this lot, but there are a few potential banana skins in there.

Any thoughts?""

I wrote this in Sep last year and people didn't seem to think it was doable or should be considered because of the unpredictability of this league. But as Mr Harley says, it is still a good measure. 2 a game gives you 91 points. Normally enough. no one else has it at the monet so as eric points out they have to up their points averages to catch/pass us. It's for us to lose I think.