+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves: EFL to meet Championship leaders over Jorge Mendes-Fosun link

Wolves: EFL to meet Championship leaders over Jorge Mendes-Fosun link

The EFL is to meet Championship leaders Wolves over the relationship between the club's Chinese owners Fosun and Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes.

The matter was raised at a league meeting on Thursday "in light of recent concerns raised by a number of clubs".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43336700

Re: Wolves: EFL to meet Championship leaders over Jorge Mendes-Fosun link

Nothing will come of it, QPR all over again.

Even if it has pissed people off they’ll bring in rules next season to stop it happening again like they did after brum had all those arsenal players on loan.

Leeds United: Andrea Radrizzani questions legality of Wolves/Jorge Mendes links

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43325492

20 point deduction NOW!

20 point reduction and a relocation to Ashton Gate

This bit is interesting
    "A subsidiary of Fosun owns a share in Mendes' agency and several of his clients are at Molineux, including head coach Nuno Espirito Santo and record signing Ruben Neves."

I'm not sure what has changed from 18 months ago when the ELF seemed to be OK with the Wolves set up.

It seems to be just politics to carry out another review after 'concerns' have been raised by Championship rivals (not Cardiff).

i doubt there is anything in this other than window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not sure what has changed from 18 months ago when the ELF seemed to be OK with the Wolves set up.

It seems to be just politics to carry out another review after 'concerns' have been raised by Championship rivals (not Cardiff).

i doubt there is anything in this other than window dressing.
    Exactly. The Football League know that any sanctions that resulted in Wolves missing out on the PL millions would be met with appeals, counter appeals, and possible claims for damages. There is little they can do, and this is opportunistic from some clubs hoping to get up through the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Exactly. The Football League know that any sanctions that resulted in Wolves missing out on the PL millions would be met with appeals, counter appeals, and possible claims for damages. There is little they can do, and this is opportunistic from some clubs hoping to get up through the back door.
    I am a firm believer that the game should always be decided on the pitch.
    This matter however is different and brings the entire league into real trouble.

I think Wanderers have a real problem. So do the press.

PS I follow Cardiff so I declare an interest with this post.
    Please do not void all their results as we won at Wanky Wanderers ground that I can’t spell at 4 minutes past midnight

I don't see what they've done wrong most clubs have certain links with agents, If a club accepts a bid for one of their players and the player agreed a contract then what's to discuss really

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't see what they've done wrong most clubs have certain links with agents, If a club accepts a bid for one of their players and the player agreed a contract then what's to discuss really
    How about the Fosun shareholders in Mendes agency financially supporting that move to keep the costs off Wolves books? However, this is no different to how we got Zohore in my view so I'm not surprised we're keeping quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    This bit is interesting
    "A subsidiary of Fosun owns a share in Mendes' agency and several of his clients are at Molineux, including head coach Nuno Espirito Santo and record signing Ruben Neves."
    Interesting because we’ve known that all along?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fosun owns a share in Mendes' agency!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Interesting because we’ve known that all along?
    No we have not!

This bit is interesting
    This is not new information - it’s been widely known since before the start of the season

Fosun owns a share in Mendes' agency!
    How is this different to, say, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing players who shared the same agent that he had?

No we have not!
    Yes we have, how on earth did you think Wolves managed to get Jota and Neves? We’ve known basically that Mendes was on the board at wolves since last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    How is this different to, say, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing players who shared the same agent that he had?
    Because Mendes is on the board and owns these players so it counts as third party ownership.

Mourinho signs most of his players from Mendes but he has no influence on the man United board.

It might come down to how some of Wolves players are owned. Are they fully owned by WWFC, who pay all their wages, or (and this is purely speculation) are these players part owned by a third party and/or being paid additional wages through offshore accounts/evading UK tax and minimising impact on FFP? Just a thought.

I hope they are OK.How many other sides in the top 6 lose as many points as we do should they be sanctioned?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I hope they are OK.How many other sides in the top 6 lose as many points as we do should they be sanctioned?
    Why would Cardiff lose points?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    20 point reduction and a relocation to Ashton Gate
    Sorry, but the 20 point reduction would be a sufficient enough penalty. Relocation to Ashton Gate would be considered too inhumane a punishment and should only be an option for the most severe of crimes.

I feel sorry for teams like Swindon and Luton, who were punished for far less IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sorry, but the 20 point reduction would be a sufficient enough penalty. Relocation to Ashton Gate would be considered too inhumane a punishment and should only be an option for the most severe of crimes.
    Have you been to Wolverhampton😁?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Have you been to Wolverhampton��?
    Fair enough. Didn't consider that bit!