+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves: EFL to meet Championship leaders over Jorge Mendes-Fosun link

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wolves: EFL to meet Championship leaders over Jorge Mendes-Fosun link

I'm not sure what has changed from 18 months ago when the ELF seemed to be OK with the Wolves set up.

It seems to be just politics to carry out another review after 'concerns' have been raised by Championship rivals (not Cardiff).

i doubt there is anything in this other than window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not sure what has changed from 18 months ago when the ELF seemed to be OK with the Wolves set up.

It seems to be just politics to carry out another review after 'concerns' have been raised by Championship rivals (not Cardiff).

i doubt there is anything in this other than window dressing.
    Exactly. The Football League know that any sanctions that resulted in Wolves missing out on the PL millions would be met with appeals, counter appeals, and possible claims for damages. There is little they can do, and this is opportunistic from some clubs hoping to get up through the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Exactly. The Football League know that any sanctions that resulted in Wolves missing out on the PL millions would be met with appeals, counter appeals, and possible claims for damages. There is little they can do, and this is opportunistic from some clubs hoping to get up through the back door.
    I am a firm believer that the game should always be decided on the pitch.
    This matter however is different and brings the entire league into real trouble.

I think Wanderers have a real problem. So do the press.

PS I follow Cardiff so I declare an interest with this post.
    Please do not void all their results as we won at Wanky Wanderers ground that I can’t spell at 4 minutes past midnight