+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else want the season to end?

Does anyone else want the season to end?

Getting too old for this tension. Working out permutations, points needed, who are our main rivals. Drove me mad 5 years ago, even worse now.
    Special thanks to Eric for making my anxiety go through the roof with his last post. Reading that I am convinced Fulham are going to pip us at the post.

Re: Does anyone else want the season to end?

No, I’m enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No, I’m enjoying it.
    ^^^
    Most interesting/exciting season for ages.

""Such fun ""

I love seasons like this. I don't care if we go up or not - I just like the thrill of the chase. The Prem will be another anticlimax but nice to see how NW would handle it. If we don't quite make it then at least the Championship is not going to be boring with NW at the helm. Win Win for me

Nope, best season in my (admittedly short) lifetime, far better than the red promotion campaign for me

Be bloody typical if we get promoted to the Premier League the year I'm off to uni

Am absolutely loving it so no

also am not bothering with world cup with no wales or Italy so its going to be a long off season!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I love seasons like this. I don't care if we go up or not - I just like the thrill of the chase. The Prem will be another anticlimax but nice to see how NW would handle it. If we don't quite make it then at least the Championship is not going to be boring with NW at the helm. Win Win for me
    ^^^ good way of looking at it

Also, if we do go up, the pain will still be there, it'll just be different.
    Last on MOTD, supercilious comments from Lawrenson and Shearer...

No - I love it!

But I am bothered that I will be away on holiday with dodgy wi-fi and no chance of getting home if we end up in the play-offs - which I still think is the most likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Am absolutely loving it so no

also am not bothering with world cup with no wales or Italy so its going to be a long off season!
    Same thing happened to me last time we were in the Prem, ended up going to Uni in Cardiff because of it instead of traveling and living away from home, worst choice I ever made

Desperate to get up there and no worries with Warnock in charge - half the Prem is similar standard to us now, would only need a few well-chosen additions

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes
    Jaap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Honestly Jon it’s indescribably bad. Less than 7000 for Sheff Utd and less than 9000 for Bolton. That’s how bad it is. I didn’t want to go on Tuesday night but I won two Premier suite tickets in a club raffle so me and my lad had a lovely freebie, free parking, free two course meal, free programmes, free refreshments, nice seats etc. It sort of eased the pain in watching another shocking performance.

We are playing like a team destined to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    ^^^
    Most interesting/exciting season for ages.
    It really is.
    We love the chase don’t we?
    The premier is shite, can we get promoted and dropped back in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Getting too old for this tension. Working out permutations, points needed, who are our main rivals. Drove me mad 5 years ago, even worse now.
    Special thanks to Eric for making my anxiety go through the roof with his last post. Reading that I am convinced Fulham are going to pip us at the post.
    Fecking hell jezza keep the faith Warnock's been in this position half a dozen of times

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Fecking hell jezza keep the faith Warnock's been in this position half a dozen of times
    so have we !

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Spot on.
    The journey is better than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Honestly Jon it’s indescribably bad. Less than 7000 for Sheff Utd and less than 9000 for Bolton. That’s how bad it is. I didn’t want to go on Tuesday night but I won two Premier suite tickets in a club raffle so me and my lad had a lovely freebie, free parking, free two course meal, free programmes, free refreshments, nice seats etc. It sort of eased the pain in watching another shocking performance.

We are playing like a team destined to go down.

Goodness me, those crowds you quoted are lower than Elm Park day’s. How many season tickets have you sold, must be 6,000.

Why the apathy ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just a thought to soothe your frayed nerves, if we win tomorrow, Fulham slip up, then we beat Brentford, we'll be 10 points clear of Fulham. That's them out of the equation, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Desperate to get up there and no worries with Warnock in charge - half the Prem is similar standard to us now, would only need a few well-chosen additions
    Most of that Prem that is currently a similar standard to us, will be spending mega bucks over the summer. Far, far more than us I'd say, if we went up.

Whatever happens, if we go up, it will be 100% a better season that the last time were in the top division. That, in fifty years of supporting my club, was without doubt the worst one by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just a thought to soothe your frayed nerves, if we win tomorrow, Fulham slip up, then we beat Brentford, we'll be 10 points clear of Fulham. That's them out of the equation, then.
    Feck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is ebbing away in front of me. I seem to be checking the League table and fixture lists about 6 or 7 times a day - knowing full well that most of the time nothing has changed because no one has played a game!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It really is.
    We love the chase don’t we?
    The premier is shite, can we get promoted and dropped back in the Championship?
    My cricket side did that we finished in the promotion places but declined the offer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    My life is ebbing away in front of me. I seem to be checking the League table and fixture lists about 6 or 7 times a day - knowing full well that most of the time nothing has changed because no one has played a game!
    Me too... just in case I've missed something 😂