+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomorrow could be just one big, big day in our season...

Tomorrow could be just one big, big day in our season...

...should we see off Birmingham whilst Wolves beat Villa and Fulham go down at Preston. Not worried about Derby who are away to local rivals, Forest, on Sunday.

Am I asking too much?

Re: Tomorrow could be just one big, big day in our season...

Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...should we see off Birmingham whilst Wolves beat Villa and Fulham go down at Preston. Not worried about Derby who are away to local rivals, Forest, on Sunday.

Am I asking too much?
    As long as we put Brum to sword - that's the most important thing - I can see draws for the rest - which is fine

Am I asking too much?
    cannot moan about that
    though a win for us is the main one, it'll just mean another tick on that " chart "

Am I asking too much?
    It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. Wolves are favourites to win at Villa, we're odds on to beat Birmingham, while Fulham are marginal favourites at Preston. Bookies not giving Birmingham much hope - odds of as much as 11/2 in a 2 horse race suggest they have little chance, but this is the Championship.

As I've said before, if we can win our next two while Villa and Preston slip up tomorrow, we'd be 2 games clear of them both. That would be huge, but I'm hardly counting my chickens with Brum!

Does anyone know how many Birmingham fans are expected ?.

About 1500 according to another MB

If you want the suicide watch bet of Villa, Fulham, Swansea and Birmingham to win you'll get 127/1 with sky bet!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    About 1500 according to another MB
    From what i can make out our attendance tomorrow will probably not hit 20k.

Just concentrate on our result I say

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    From what i can make out our attendance tomorrow will probably not hit 20k.
    Home sales looking similar to Boro game with a few hundred more away fans, so yeah about 19k

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. Wolves are favourites to win at Villa, we're odds on to beat Birmingham, while Fulham are marginal favourites at Preston. Bookies not giving Birmingham much hope - odds of as much as 11/2 in a 2 horse race suggest they have little chance, but this is the Championship.

As I've said before, if we can win our next two while Villa and Preston slip up tomorrow, we'd be 2 games clear of them both. That would be huge, but I'm hardly counting my chickens with Brum!

Well that’s a Brum win then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Home sales looking similar to Boro game with a few hundred more away fans, so yeah about 19k
    Cardiff Parks pitches have just been called off (again). Might put a few more on the gate.

Tomorrow’s referee is Peter Bankes.
    He’s reffed City Vs Brum 3 season in a row now, first two finished 1-1 but let’s hope the score is different tomorrow.
    Incidentally he’s reffed two of our games this season, our 2-1 win away to Sunderland and our 2-0 away win against Forest (Forest fans enjoyed a good moan about him).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tomorrow’s referee is Peter Bankes.
    He’s reffed City Vs Brum 3 season in a row now, first two finished 1-1 but let’s hope the score is different tomorrow.
    Incidentally he’s reffed two of our games this season, our 2-1 win away to Sunderland and our 2-0 away win against Forest (Forest fans enjoyed a good moan about him).
    We should be able to Bank on him, then...

Am I asking too much?
    Those results seem possible and, dare I say, even likely.

Am I asking too much?
    The thought of sitting down to watch villa wolves 7 points clear of the villa is something I dare not think about, let alone post on an open forum, that would be madness and being CCFC would no doubt implode in my face.

First Team

Am I asking too much?
    Not going to disagree even if you are linked with Cowbridge
    Generally speaking I am very much a glass half empty type when it comes to the City, experience does that to a person!
    However, I am now convinced that we are going to grap one of the automatic promotion slots and if this weekends results go for us that is another significant step towards that prediction.
    Obviously, I have to revert to type and although Birmingham are in a right mess they have a new manger with links to the dark side and Warnock has to cope with the curse of the manager of the month award.

If carlsberg did this Saturday.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The thought of sitting down to watch villa wolves 7 points clear of the villa is something I dare not think about, let alone post on an open forum, that would be madness and being CCFC would no doubt implode in my face.
    He said, whilst doing exactly that!!!!

Am I asking too much?
    This would be a great set of results of course. I can`t help thinking Brentford on Tuesday is a defining game though as it`s the game in hand we have over Fulham, Derby and Boro. A win today over Brum. and a win at Brentford will go a long way towards a good run in where we can take the odd hit and maintain 2nd spot at least.