+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No-one's mentioned it, but in the circumstances would we be better of if Tomlin was still here...

No-one's mentioned it, but in the circumstances would we be better of if Tomlin was still here...

Re: No-one's mentioned it, but in the circumstances would we be better of if Tomlin was still here...

Yes.

Re: No-one's mentioned it, but in the circumstances would we be better of if Tomlin was still here...

Yes

Five straight wins would suggest not really.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Five straight wins would suggest not really.
    Yeah but we have more injuries now.
    This squad has done a brilliant job but we are running out of injury free players ( i wont say fit as we are talking Tomlin )

The guys a game changer. Proved that in the very few cameos he was given here, and doing the business for Forest.

We continue to do well since he’s left so can’t be too critical of Warnock but he’s mad if he thinks Jamie Ward is more of a game changer than Tomlin.

Should defo be good enough for the bench here, even without the ridiculous injury list.

I’m suspecting that perhaps his presence wasn’t conducive to the sort of team spirit required for a promotion winning team. Not that he was causing trouble or whatever, just that his heart didn’t seem to be in it. Wasn’t he keen to be living near his native Leicester? Family problems perhaps?

I would say no , it's not like he was with us for 5 minutes , he had time to work hard ,get fit and become part of the unit , my gut tells me he was probaly a distraction and disrupter within the Warnock set up , no proof just an assumption, and what you don't want is a squad looking at you as a manager thinking why is he getting away with this .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would say no , it's not like he was with us for 5 minutes , he had time to work hard ,get fit and become part of the unit , my gut tells me he was probaly a distraction and disrupter within the Warnock set up , no proof just an assumption, and what you don't want is a squad looking at you as a manager thinking why is he getting away with this .
    Fair comment

What's interesting is that since Tomlin has left us, we've won 6 out of 7, drawing the other. However, results with him in the team when he's started, suggest he had a positive influence (winning 4 out of 5 starts, helping to turn around games against Norwich and Reading from the bench). Following on from that he was rubbish against Preston and never played for us again.

No doubt he's a talented player, but I tend to agree with you about him being a bit disruptive - it's the only reason I can see Warnock wanting to get shot of him (some seem to think he doesn't want flair players at the club but that's bollocks).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What's interesting is that since Tomlin has left us, we've won 6 out of 7, drawing the other. However, results with him in the team when he's started, suggest he had a positive influence (winning 4 out of 5 starts, helping to turn around games against Norwich and Reading from the bench). Following on from that he was rubbish against Preston and never played for us again.

No doubt he's a talented player, but I tend to agree with you about him being a bit disruptive - it's the only reason I can see Warnock wanting to get shot of him (some seem to think he doesn't want flair players at the club but that's bollocks).
    I do agree he's always liked flair, just look at how he gets Hoillet and Zohore to express themselves.

I agree and also its not as if ours was the first club where he failed for the same reason.

Yes possibly on paper... but he isn’t so nothing we can do.

Everyone knows he’s a cracking player but a square peg in a round hole

If we end up in the play-offs*, would he likely be back with us (Forest’s season will be over by then)?

It’s all ifs and buts I know... but it wouldn’t surprise me if Warnock had Tomlin on the bench as a potential ‘wildcard’ at a Wembley final.

*We’re going up autos anyway