+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Four more wins.

Re: Four more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's be honest were heading for the play offs, and were we expecting that , nah .

Will a Warnock side win the play offs , well we have a chance and he's no fool.

Who should go up from an unbiased point of view .

Fulham
    Villa
    Wolves.

Who will go up god knows
    After today Wolves & Villa. Before today Wolves & Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have you seen the teams Fulham have played last 6 and only dropped 2 points?
    Doesn't mean it'll carry on indefinitely. I reckon their run will finishing sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    After today Wolves & Villa. Before today Wolves & Cardiff.
    What's changed? If it's a win for Villa over Wolves, let's remember that we deservedly Wolves at Molineux.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What's changed? If it's a win for Villa over Wolves, let's remember that we deservedly Wolves at Molineux.
    Villa are coming good just at the right time. If they beat us up at their place they only have to find one more point, and they also have a better goal difference. I was really hoping for a Wolves win today.

Doesn't mean it'll carry on indefinitely. I reckon their run will finishing sooner rather than later.
    I didn’t say it would?!? However Id suggest 16 out of 18 points against the teams they’ve just had to play, all in a row, is a remarkable achievement. They played the top 8 minus us and themselves.

I didn’t say it would?!? However Id suggest 16 out of 18 points against the teams they’ve just had to play, all in a row, is a remarkable achievement. They played the top 8 minus us and themselves.
    Fantastic run, but the momentum is with Villa now. Game in hand, a point ahead, and better goal difference.

Fantastic run, but the momentum is with Villa now.
    Great result for them this tonight no doubt but I don’t see how the momentum is any more with them than it is us or Fulham?

We’ve taken 5 points more than them last 6 games, and Fulham have taken 39 of the last 45 points available.

Great result for them this tonight no doubt but I don’t see how the momentum is any more with them than it is us or Fulham?

We’ve taken 5 points more than them last 6 games, and Fulham have taken 39 of the last 45 points available.
    Unfortunately all good runs come to an end, and I can't see us or Fulham winning another 9/10 games.

Unfortunately all good runs come to an end, and I can't see us or Fulham winning another 9/10 games.
    And neither can I see Villa doing the same. There'll be twists and turns, unexpected wins, surprising defeats for all of the promotion contenders.

Why do you think Villa will do better for the remainder of the season than us?

Yes. Perhaps I'm getting fed up with all of this adulation for Fulham lately. I still think we'll finish above them if we win on Tuesday. They won't catch up an 8 point deficit.

And neither can I see Villa doing the same. There'll be twists and turns, unexpected wins, surprising defeats for all of the promotion contenders.

Why do you think Villa will do better for the remainder of the season than us?
    Villa have only dropped 5 points in 2018 after a bad start to the season. Their remaining fixtures are easier than ours, and they play us at home.

Villa have only dropped 5 points in 2018 after a bad start to the season. Their remaining fixtures are easier than ours, and they play us at home.
    We've dropped 7 points in 2018 after a bad Christmas. We stuffed them at our place and I see nothing in them that frightens me. Warnock will do a job on them up there.

Just catching up on the Championship and it says Brucey has won promotion 4 times the last 4 full seasons he’s managed in this division. That’s some record that fair play.

Just catching up on the Championship and it says Brucey has won promotion 4 times the last 4 full seasons he’s managed in this division. That’s some record that fair play.
    I rate him, the last time I guess was Hull the season we went up. He's good at making an effective Championship side. His previous promotion sides have hardly been goal machines but have been defensively very good. This Villa team have goals as well. Still think they are not as good as some hype them to be, but that's just my opinion.

Fecking hell reading some of the comments people wold think we're in 4th/5th, not 2nd and 4 points clear of 3rd! Where's the optimism?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fecking hell reading some of the comments people wold think we're in 4th/5th, not 2nd and 4 points clear of 3rd! Where's the optimism?
    I'm struggling to understand it, too.

Some people will get wowed by a 4-1 victory over the leaders, though it was a scoreline that flattered Villa immensely. Fulham have a lot to do. I think it's paranoia that Villa and Fulham are going to keep winning, even though the likelihood of that is very small

I rate him, the last time I guess was Hull the season we went up. He's good at making an effective Championship side. His previous promotion sides have hardly been goal machines but have been defensively very good. This Villa team have goals as well. Still think they are not as good as some hype them to be, but that's just my opinion.
    Got promoted again in 2016 with Hull. Took em up twice.

Got promoted again in 2016 with Hull. Took em up twice.
    Yes, of course.

Considering the money they have spent in the last two years and the likely wages that half their squad are on they should have pissed this league with or without Wolves. He has done okay with a bottomless pit of cash - I saw an article last year saying they were spending as much as Dortmund on wages.

That is some record. Hopefully it's by the playoffs this time!

We're Cardiff fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    We're Cardiff fans.
    Good point

This paranoia is being played out on all the 4 contenders boards - and Derby are hoping for a miracle...

We have 10 cup finals left. We've won the last 6 of them, just need to concentrate on one game at a time. I'm hoping we can get to the International Break still at least 4 points clear of second place. Once there then we have a chance of regrouping for the final push for autos knowing we should be safely into the play-off positions.

Getting to the play-offs alone would be an immense achievement but I'm counting no chickens until we've actually reached them...

We've dropped 7 points in 2018 after a bad Christmas. We stuffed them at our place and I see nothing in them that frightens me. Warnock will do a job on them up there.
    They had a bad start to the season, they are a different proposition now.

If I was wearing my optimism hat I would have have us down for automatic promotion as we are 4 points clear of 3rd! But after analysing the latest games, I think the Villa win against Wolves was a shit result for us. I've said all along that we needed to keep as much distance between 3rd and 4th as possible, and not worry about Wolves. Steve Bruce is the happiest manager in the Championship at he moment, as he now has a doable plan. We on the other hand have to do better in our tough games against Brentford, Derby, Sheffield United, Wolves and Villa. There is less margin for error that a Wolves victory against Villa would have giving us.