+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Ratings v Birmingham

Player Ratings v Birmingham

Re: Player Ratings v Birmingham

Sol 6 and Damour 7?!?

Are you pissed?!?

Damour was shocking when he come on. Round around like a headless chicken and constantly losing possession putting us under unnecessary pressure.

Bamba on the other hand had a battle with Gallagher, who is huge, all afternoon and got the upper hand imo.

I agree. I thought Bamba was one of our better players. Not sure what happened in the second half, when Brum missed that golden chance right in front of the goal. Looked like some combination of Bamba, Manga and Peltier were having a right ding-dong as the play moved upfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Not sure what happened in the second half, when Brum missed that golden chance right in front of the goal. Looked like some combination of Bamba, Manga and Peltier were having a right ding-dong as the play moved upfield.
    That's good I think. Avoids complacency setting in by being feked off when mistakes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sol 6 and Damour 7?!?

Are you pissed?!?

Damour was shocking when he come on. Round around like a headless chicken and constantly losing possession putting us under unnecessary pressure.

Bamba on the other hand had a battle with Gallagher, who is huge, all afternoon and got the upper hand imo.
    Agreed. Absolutely crap. Over hit and under hit passes, ball watching most of the time. He was playing like a half-pissed man. Peltier was also well off the pace. We were lucky today. I can't see it happening next two games. I pray we get a few players fully fit soon.
    Spedger

I thought Damour gave us good energy in the middle, and carried us forward well at the end. Not his biggest fan at all but thought today was one of his better performances.

Bamba looked shaky and we were a bit chaotic at the back in the second half, didn't feel I could give him more than 6 when we conceded two and should have had another. He also gave away the penalty, rightly or wrongly.

Etheridge - 8
    Bennett - 6
    Manga - 7
    Bamba - 7
    Peltier - 7
    Grujic - 8
    Paterson - 6
    NML - 6
    Bryson - 5
    Hoillett - 8 (could have been more)
    Zahore - 7

Damour - 5
    Morrison - 5
    Halford - 6

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    I thought Damour gave us good energy in the middle, and carried us forward well at the end. Not his biggest fan at all but thought today was one of his better performances.

Bamba looked shaky and we were a bit chaotic at the back in the second half, didn't feel I could give him more than 6 when we conceded two and should have had another. He also gave away the penalty, rightly or wrongly.
    I think that Damour lacked quality on the ball and made some poor decisions, although, in his defence, when he received the ball he didn't really have many options, same as grujic, Bryson doesn't seem to put himself in positions where he receives the ball, he cleans up. Damour wasn't great, but he didn't hide. I like that in a player.

Sol 6 and Damour 7?!?

Are you pissed?!?

Agreed. Damour seems too light weight , and makes poor decisions for me.

Bamba did some things well and others he was clumsy. I’d say 5 for damour , 6-7 Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Etheridge - 8
    Bennett - 6
    Manga - 7
    Bamba - 7
    Peltier - 7
    Grujic - 8
    Paterson - 6
    NML - 6
    Bryson - 5
    Zahore - 7

Damour - 5
    Morrison - 5
    Halford - 6
    I thought Bryson was better than that. Scored a goal and was really making things tick in the midfield until he had to come off. Thought Mendez was excellent but Grujic was my man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Etheridge - 8
    Bennett - 8
    Manga - 7
    Bamba - 7
    Peltier - 7
    Grujic - 7
    Paterson - 7
    NML - 6
    Bryson - 5
    Zahore - 7

Damour - 6
    Morrison - 5
    Halford - 6
    My views above

Completely disagree.

Gallagher had the upper hand of every single player he dueled with. I think Patterson lost every single header today which says it all.

If anyone was a standout player, for me it was Gallagher. Not pretty but flipping hell a handful especially with Jota (who I also liked) was flinging in dangerous crosses

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post

Wasn't Bamba actually, apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Completely disagree.

Gallagher had the upper hand of every single player he dueled with. I think Patterson lost every single header today which says it all.

If anyone was a standout player, for me it was Gallagher. Not pretty but flipping hell a handful especially with Jota (who I also liked) was flinging in dangerous crosses
    If these crosses were so dangerous and Gallagher won ever header how come he didn’t score or make Etheridge make any saves?

Yes Gallagher is strong but every time he ran the channel Bamba more than matched him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My views above
    Etheridge - 8 that one save was amazing
    Bennett - 7 all 3 goals were Bennett assisting
    Manga - 6 lost his man a few times
    Bamba - 7 solid
    Peltier - 6 decent
    Grujic - 7.5 good apart from a couple of wayward passes
    Paterson - 6 lost too many 50/50s and headers but can’t fault commitment
    NML - 6.5 tried but not effective enough. Needs to use physicality more
    Bryson - 5.5