+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What on earth did the ref think he was doing in the second half?...

What on earth did the ref think he was doing in the second half?...

It certainly wasn't refereeing as you'd expect at this level. There was something distinctly dodgy in the way he favoured Brum all game, summed up by the two penalty incidents.

I'll probably see I was wrong later but I have no idea what their penalty was for or why the apparent blatant trip on Junior wasn't given minutes later.

It was interesting to hear Nathan Blake afterwards saying he was sat behind the dugout and felt the ref was deliberately trying to goad Warnock. A lot of his decisions seemed to have a motive behind them that was nothing to do with what was going on on the pitch. Those decisions completely confused our players and they ended up not knowing what they could do when competing.

It was only in the last 4 minutes of normal time that we got anything from the ref - just about the time he thought Brum wouldn't get their second so better make things look a little more even.

Paterson was assaulted all match - I hope he's OK for Tuesday...

Re: What on earth did the ref think he was doing in the second half?...

Hoilett was blatantly fouled as he was pulling the trigger for a shot.
    Some penalties you get and some you don’t but that was as stonewall a penalty as I’ve seen in a while.
    The ref was awful today which is a shame as he’s usually pretty good when I’ve seen him before.

I saw a BIPirmingham shirt being pulled from eighty yards away, so I think the ref got their penalty right, but I couldn't believe his decision not to give us one and thought he was very poor overall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw a BIRMINGHAM shirt being pulled from eighty yards away, so I think the ref got their penalty right, but I couldn't believe his decision not to give us one and thought he was poor overall.
    Agreed by the letter of the law a shirt pull is a foul. However ref turns a blind eye to it on corners. How many times has. Prison been manhandled when attacking a corner ?

He could have given a penalty every corner.

Their penalty was a penalty - it was a shirt pull and we called it as it was happening from the Ninian

The trip on Junior Hoillet looked a nailed on penalty to me and I cannot for the life of me see how it wasn't given

Birmingham were all over the place in defence and useless up front. Even a terrible ref couldn't save them.

I've seen better keepers at U8 level.