+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest: Villa 4 - 1 Wolves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shite..Villa 1-0 up

Sort it out Wolves!

Re: Shite..Villa 1-0 up

Great news. I want to catch little Wolves.

Re: Shite..Villa 1-0 up

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Great news. I want to catch little Wolves.
    We need the teams below us to stay there.

Villa win surely better for our chances.

Rather than let Wolves slip away and there’s only one place up for grabs, would surely be better if they lost tonight and get dragged into an end of season scrap.
    Their confidence would be dented and it would be 4 or 5 fighting it out for 2 places.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 10-03-18 at 17:44. Reason: Grammar

Re: Villa win surely better for our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Rather than let Wolves slip away and there’s only one place up for grabs, would surely be better if they lost tonight and get dragged into an end of season scrap.
    Their confidence would be dented and it would be 4 or 5 fighting it out for 2 places.
    I don't agree at all.

If villa win then we have a cushion of 4 points to be automatically promoted.

If Wolves win we have a cushion of 7 points.
    That would mean that we remain 2nd whatever happens in the next 2 match days.

With games running out fast effectively taking another one out of the equation is massive.

We should all be wanting Wolves to win.

It doesn't matter either way. We will pick up 22 points from the remaining games

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    It doesn't matter either way. We will pick up 22 points from the remaining games
    Not playing like that we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Six wins in a row and some still want to slag us off...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You really think we are going to either win seven and draw one or win six and draw four of our last ten games playing like that?

There has been a worrying dip in our Xg in the last couple of games (or rather increase in Xg conceded) which has largely gone unpunished as we've been facing some pretty poor teams.

No reason we can't snap out of it though when we play someone better, especially if we start to get some players back.

Bob isn’t slagging us off, we didn’t play well today at all. We need to be better against Derby and Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bob isn’t slagging us off, we didn’t play well today at all. We need to be better against Derby and Brentford.
    We played well enough to win the game. As we have done quite a bit.

For a team that needs to "be better" we seem to be winning a hell of a lot of games.

I wouldn't want to go to Villa with them still in the hunt for automatic promotion, I'd much it if they were focussing on the play-offs instead.

If Wolves are going to slip up they still have plenty of time to do that.

Bottom line is we need results, and if we don't get them none of the above matters.

Yes, having won six on the row with similar performances...

Pundits and our own fans keep slagging the performances yet we keep on winning. Funny that.
    I wouldn’t say they were similar performances in the slightest.
    Did you go to all of these games?

Don't do away games.

Reality is that in a result oriented business, for a team who seem to pay so poorly accrding to some, we seem tobe winning a hell of a lot of games despite a lengthy injury list.

Maybe we're better than some fans would like us to be.

Don't do away games.

Reality is that in a result oriented business, for a team who seem to pay so poorly accrding to some, we seem tobe winning a hell of a lot of games despite a lengthy injury list.

Maybe we're better than some fans would like us to be.
    That last sentence, what a ridiculous thing to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That last sentence, what a ridiculous thing to say!
    Hardly. Some of the great and good on here seem to believe we're shit. We're winning games despite not playing to our best, despite having spent less than others, despite a lengthy injury list.

Good sides win when playing poorly. We're a good side.

Look at this thread - someone made the laughable claim Birmingham could have scored seven or eight...

We know pundits aren't going to give us any respect but our own fans aren't doing so either.

You really think we are going to either win seven and draw one or win six and draw four of our last ten games playing like that?
    Why not? We scored 3 and could have had 5 or 6?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why not? We scored 3 and could have had 5 or 6?
    And Birmingham could have scored seven or eight - we weren't entertaining against Boro and the wurzels, but I felt we controlled both matches, we haven't done that in our last two games..

And Birmingham could have scored seven or eight - we weren't entertaining against Boro and the wurzels, but I felt we controlled both matches, we haven't done that in our last two games..
    Come on Bob - they created one decent chance which Etheridge somehow saved. The penalty was debatable and their goal at the end a shot to nothing. They had a lot of shots which you'd hope would not bother a decent keeper, and didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Come on Bob - they created one decent chance which Etheridge somehow saved. The penalty was debatable and their goal at the end a shot to nothing. They had a lot of shots which you'd hope would not bother a decent keeper, and didn't
    They are a side with an appalling scoring record and that showed with some of their finishing, but they had plenty of situations in the first half even where we could have been punished. We've got where we are on the back of some excellent defending, but we've been some way short of our normal standards in our last two games and I fear that better sides than Barnsley and Birmingham will punish us if we carry on like we have done this week.

Birmingham could have scored seven or eight?

Even Garry Monk isn't that deluded.

Have you been on the wacky baccy tonight ?. Usually you are quite objective about our results/performances but today its you that gives the impression that you are commenting without being at the game. We outplayed them in the first half and could have been five up at half time. They created very little in the box. Second half they put us under pressure but if it hadnt been for them being given a dubious penalty they wouldnt have scored at all. We could have got another three second half. We had two more injuries to contend with as well, so little surprise we dropped away towards the end. Everybody I spoke to and heard on the radio agreed we deserved to win and that we played some good stuff second half.

It’s Jirga on his “pro-Cardiff City” account he uses just to disagree with people. Guys a proper weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s Jirga on his “pro-Cardiff City” account he uses just to disagree with people. Guys a proper weirdo.
    And BIS on the other one? Makes sense I guess.