+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest: Villa 4 - 1 Wolves

Re: Villa win surely better for our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Don't do away games.

Reality is that in a result oriented business, for a team who seem to pay so poorly accrding to some, we seem tobe winning a hell of a lot of games despite a lengthy injury list.

Maybe we're better than some fans would like us to be.
    That last sentence, what a ridiculous thing to say!

Latest: Villa 4 - 1 Wolves

The run-in is going to be amazing

Re: Shite..Villa 1-0 up

Wolves are pathetic and don't look up to a fight. Should be a good between us and villa but that grealish is a dirty cheating kent

Six wins in a row and some still want to slag us off...
    Hardly beating teams well are we? Just about getting over the line against relegation fodder whilst villa thump wolves and Fulham appear unstoppable.
    It’s no wonder no one really believes we will get auto.

Re: Latest: Villa 4 - 1 Wolves

The molineux mix should make for good reading tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That last sentence, what a ridiculous thing to say!
    Hardly. Some of the great and good on here seem to believe we're shit. We're winning games despite not playing to our best, despite having spent less than others, despite a lengthy injury list.

Good sides win when playing poorly. We're a good side.

Look at this thread - someone made the laughable claim Birmingham could have scored seven or eight...

We know pundits aren't going to give us any respect but our own fans aren't doing so either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Birmingham could have scored seven or eight - we weren't entertaining against Boro and the wurzels, but I felt we controlled both matches, we haven't done that in our last two games..
    Have you been on the wacky baccy tonight ?. Usually you are quite objective about our results/performances but today its you that gives the impression that you are commenting without being at the game. We outplayed them in the first half and could have been five up at half time. They created very little in the box. Second half they put us under pressure but if it hadnt been for them being given a dubious penalty they wouldnt have scored at all. We could have got another three second half. We had two more injuries to contend with as well, so little surprise we dropped away towards the end. Everybody I spoke to and heard on the radio agreed we deserved to win and that we played some good stuff second half.

Well happy with the villa result. Like someone said before it's 2 from 4 now. Why would you want wolves to claim a guaranteed spot when there's every chance they'll bottle it again. Go on city!

So we're looking at finishing 4th now

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Well happy with the villa result. Like someone said before it's 2 from 4 now. Why would you want wolves to claim a guaranteed spot when there's every chance they'll bottle it again. Go on city!
    It's 2 from 4 now. Wankalona do a real bottle job, it then becomes 2 from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yep Villa are back in it now and favourites to go up along with Fulham or Wolves. Great result for Villa, well done Chester

Hardly. Some of the great and good on here seem to believe we're shit. We're winning games despite not playing to our best, despite having spent less than others, despite a lengthy injury list.

Good sides win when playing poorly. We're a good side.

Look at this thread - someone made the laughable claim Birmingham could have scored seven or eight...

We know pundits aren't going to give us any respect but our own fans aren't doing so either.
    You're obviously referring to me, so tell me where I said we are shit, in fact find something I've posted in the last seven and a bit months where I've said that. We are a good side and it would be ridiculous to claim otherwise, but we've not been at our usual level in our past two matches - hopefully, things will improve and we can get back to controlling matches against better sides than the two we've played this week once we get some important players back.

You're obviously referring to me, so tell me where I said we are shit, in fact find something I've posted in the last seven and a bit months where I've said that. We are a good side and it would be ridiculous to claim otherwise, but we've not been at our usual level in our past two matches - hopefully, things will improve and we can get back to controlling matches against better sides than the two we've played this week once we get some important players back.
    Think we’ve badly missed Ralls in midfield in the last two but still won both.

You really think we are going to either win seven and draw one or win six and draw four of our last ten games playing like that?
    We've won our last 6 playing like that so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    We've won our last 6 playing like that so why not?
    I've not seen the whole of the Ipswich match so I cannot comment on that, but we didn't play, in particular defend, like we did against Barnsley and Birmingham in the other three games.

I've not seen the whole of the Ipswich match so I cannot comment on that, but we didn't play, in particular defend, like we did against Barnsley and Birmingham in the other three games.
    Yet we won. Your language (maybe I’m wrong) seems to suggest that if we play like we have been we’ll go on a losing streak - we did that at Christmas. Other than that we’ve lost 3 in 32. The stats may come back to haunt us but with 10 games left that would suggest we’ll lose 1. I think we might lose 2 or 3 at most, which means we’re going to be damn close to an automatic spot

“Some of the great and good on here“

“You're obviously referring to me”

Delusions of grandeur?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    “Some of the great and good on here“

“You're obviously referring to me”

Delusions of grandeur?
    No, not at all. I was pretty much alone in saying the sort of things he consistently criticised in his posts in this thread, so I don't see who else he could have been talking about - it was obviously a sarcastic reference.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Yet we won. Your language (maybe I’m wrong) seems to suggest that if we play like we have been we’ll go on a losing streak - we did that at Christmas. Other than that we’ve lost 3 in 32. The stats may come back to haunt us but with 10 games left that would suggest we’ll lose 1. I think we might lose 2 or 3 at most, which means we’re going to be damn close to an automatic spot
    I'm not saying we are going to drop down the table like a stone or anything like that, but five out of our next six matches, four of which are away, are against sides who will probably still fancy their chances of at least a top six finish when we play them and we'll need to do better when it comes to seeing games out than we have been in home games against two sides in the bottom four this week. Neither the Middlesbrough and Bristol City games offered great entertainment, but they didn't create the same doubts in me as these last two have - we were comfortable in both matches against sides that, evidently, are quite a bit better than Barnsley and Birmingham, so I think it's reasonable to conclude that we have looked more vulnerable this week.

No, not at all. I was pretty much alone in saying the sort of things he consistently criticised in his posts in this thread, so I don't see who else he could have been talking about - it was obviously a sarcastic reference.
    Was tongue in cheek. No offence meant