+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest: Villa 4 - 1 Wolves

Re: Villa win surely better for our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Rather than let Wolves slip away and there’s only one place up for grabs, would surely be better if they lost tonight and get dragged into an end of season scrap.
    Their confidence would be dented and it would be 4 or 5 fighting it out for 2 places.
    I think that a draw suits us best.

It keeps Wolves in range and Villa at bay especially seeing as we have to play them both.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Birmingham could have scored seven or eight - we weren't entertaining against Boro and the wurzels, but I felt we controlled both matches, we haven't done that in our last two games..
    7 or 8?!?

Yes we were too open 2nd half but to claim they could have scored 7 or 8 is absolutely ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why not? We scored 3 and could have had 5 or 6?
    We were ok in the first half today, poor in the second, but, like Tuesday, we allowed the opposition back into a game, held on but still looked like scoring. We got the points. That's all that matters.

I think much of it was complacency. That won't be allowed to happen against Brentford or Derby.

And Birmingham could have scored seven or eight - we weren't entertaining against Boro and the wurzels, but I felt we controlled both matches, we haven't done that in our last two games..
    Is that really you out there, Bob?
    I look forward to reading your blog tomorrow!

Come on Bob - they created one decent chance which Etheridge somehow saved. The penalty was debatable and their goal at the end a shot to nothing. They had a lot of shots which you'd hope would not bother a decent keeper, and didn't

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    7 or 8?!?

Yes we were too open 2nd half but to claim they could have scored 7 or 8 is absolutely ludicrous.
    They only had 7 shots on target. Would have been something spectacular to have scored the lot!

6 out of 6. You dont get that in a league as tough as this without a quality team. More than 1 way to win a game of football. We do it in a non fashionable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I thought that we played really well today, and except for some bizarre refereeing decisions we would have won that game comfortably. I think Tuesday will be a defining moment in our season. If we can get a win at Brentford we'll be 8 clear of Fulham with 9 to play. That will give us a little bit of breathing room but not much.

I think Fulham will win their remaining games, despite Eric's stats. Therefore we have to manage to only lose 4 points from here on in. We won't have that in us but I wonder if we might catch Wolves instead if we can get close to that level of performance...
    I can't see Fulham winning all of their remaining games, that would be an insanely good run.
    you know what this division is like, anyone can beat anyone else on their day.

I think Fulham will win their remaining games
    Wonder what odds you'd get on that? Probably 1000/1. Have a dabble!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They only had 7 shots on target. Would have been something spectacular to have scored the lot!
    They were decent between both boxes and Gallagher was a handful but I don’t recall them getting in behind us, or creating any clear cut chances. Most of their shots were from outside the box. One troubled Etheridge from Gardner 1st half, and there was that point blank save from 3 yards from a corner. That’s the only chance you could really say they should have scored.

Besides the 3 we scored, KZ should have cut it back for Damour after he ruined Dean down the channel but tries to score from a ridiculous angle. Also Hoilett went through 1 on 1, and also should have had a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I wouldn’t say they were similar performances in the slightest.
    Did you go to all of these games?
    Don't do away games.

Reality is that in a result oriented business, for a team who seem to pay so poorly accrding to some, we seem tobe winning a hell of a lot of games despite a lengthy injury list.

Maybe we're better than some fans would like us to be.

Jesus come on some of you 6 wins on the bounce, I couldn't give a shit how we win games now as long as we keep picking up points we're in a brilliant position feck Fulham and keep the faith

Birmingham could have scored seven or eight?

Even Garry Monk isn't that deluded.

Come on Bob - they created one decent chance which Etheridge somehow saved. The penalty was debatable and their goal at the end a shot to nothing. They had a lot of shots which you'd hope would not bother a decent keeper, and didn't
    They are a side with an appalling scoring record and that showed with some of their finishing, but they had plenty of situations in the first half even where we could have been punished. We've got where we are on the back of some excellent defending, but we've been some way short of our normal standards in our last two games and I fear that better sides than Barnsley and Birmingham will punish us if we carry on like we have done this week.

There’s only two Victor Meldrews

Re: Shite..Villa 1-0 up

3-1 Villa.
    Well...we’ll just have to win the league now

They are a side with an appalling scoring record and that showed with some of their finishing, but they had plenty of situations in the first half even where we could have been punished. We've got where we are on the back of some excellent defending, but we've been some way short of our normal standards in our last two games and I fear that better sides than Barnsley and Birmingham will punish us if we carry on like we have done this week.
    Fair enough - I disagree but we all see things differently. I think having Morrison back (hopefully) should tighten our defence considerably as I do agree that we are weaker at the back when he's not there.

Grealish

Am I the only one who gets wound up watching him? Diving and shouting at the ref gets on my nerves! Just play football, he's obviously got talent, use it and stop moaning!

I still think this is the best result for us. It’s gonna tighten up soon, and having 2 places to fight for is better than only 1.
    I’ll take a straight shoot out between ourselves, Wolves, Fulham and Villa, any day.
    We are a lot better than some of our fans are making out.
    We also have the most experienced manager in this situation than the the others.

I know I should want the gap to 3rd to grow but something inside me really wants Wolves to **** this up, their forum were practically discussing who they wanted in their Champions League group 10 games ago.

4 1

Grabban the money grabber got 4 in 4, we got Gary madine who let alone score isn’t even playing. Let’s hope that one doesn’t bite us on the butt.

Re: Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by baloobird View Post
    Am I the only one who gets wound up watching him? Diving and shouting at the ref gets on my nerves! Just play football, he's obviously got talent, use it and stop moaning!
    I've always thought the same. There's times when studs showing are acceptable.

Wanky Wolvsalona Walloped

So pleased they have to come to the CCS.
    They are already bricking it.
    It’s clearly two from 4 now.
    So interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I still think this is the best result for us. It’s gonna tighten up soon, and having 2 places to fight for is better than only 1.
    I’ll take a straight shoot out between ourselves, Wolves, Fulham and Villa, any day.
    We are a lot better than some of our fans are making out.
    We also have the most experienced manager in this situation than the the others.
    We also have one of the hardest run-ins. I'm just delighted we're in this position at all. Warnock is a wily old character who will know what has to be done. The next 2 games are going to be hard to get anything from, but after those we will need to beat Wolves and Villa if we want any chance of retaining the 2nd spot.

It's odd but I think Nathan Blake may be correct in his predictions if Wolves lose tonight which looks likely...