+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic was immense today

Grujic was immense today

Playing in a brand new role just in front of the back four. It seemed to fill the lad with confidence and he was everywhere.

Won loads of headers, got several blocks in, played some neat stuff under pressure and was a real nuisance back there.

Could this be his strongest position?

Re: Grujic was immense today

Immense?

I like him. Neat and tidy. Tried one or two Hollywood balls when an easier pass was on but Warnock does like to get it forward quickly.

Agree. He’s taken a bit of time to get used to the championship but he’s really started showing a bit of quality the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Immense?
    Did you actually watch him today?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Did you actually watch him today?
    I've kept an eye on him, he had a good game today, although I wouldn't describe it as Immense. You can see that he's trying to play, or if nothing is on he starts again, which doesn't really fit into the way we play, as the ball is shifted forward at the earliest opportunity, it's quite funny at times, he's looking for the simple ball, and every city player is on their toes, nobody in midfield is really looking for that square ball, I think id confuses him somewhat! I like him, and if he becomes a little more assured and assertive, then he's going to become a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've kept an eye on him, he had a good game today, although I wouldn't describe it as Immense. You can see that he's trying to play, or if nothing is on he starts again, which doesn't really fit into the way we play, as the ball is shifted forward at the earliest opportunity, it's quite funny at times, he's looking for the simple ball, and every city player is on their toes, nobody in midfield is really looking for that square ball, I think id confuses him somewhat! I like him, and if he becomes a little more assured and assertive, then he's going to become a very good player.
    I said to my mate he’s a yard or two in front of the rest of our players. That simple ball he played to Bennett 2nd half which he let run out of play was an example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I said to my mate he’s a yard or two in front of the rest of our players. That simple ball he played to Bennett 2nd half which he let run out of play was an example of this.
    Most impressed !