+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Mutch

Jordan Mutch

Signed for Vancouver Whitecaps on loan with option to buy

He’s only 26. Either a sign that MLS is further on the up and up or that he’s shit.

I’m sure he’d make many first XI’s in the Championship though so perhaps MLS has got to at least that level

Re: Jordan Mutch

Why are you sure hed make most championships XI? I can count the decent games he’s had in his career on one hand.

Jordon Mutch simply can't be arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why are you sure hed make most championships XI? I can count the decent games he’s had in his career on one hand.
    Said “many” not “most”. Stand by that

My guess is you have seen leas than 10% of his “career” matches.

£10m approx in transfer fees paid suggests he might be more highly regarded by more qualified people than you or I

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Said “many” not “most”. Stand by that

My guess is you have seen leas than 10% of his “career” matches.

£10m approx in transfer fees paid suggests he might be more highly regarded by more qualified people than you or I
    How did those 10m moves go for him? Lmfao

The likes of Kaka, Pirlo, David Villa, Beckham.etc have played in the MLS but Vancouver Whitecaps signing Jordon Mutch is a sign that the MLS is “on the up”

The likes of Kaka, Pirlo, David Villa, Beckham.etc have played in the MLS but Vancouver Whitecaps signing Jordon Mutch is a sign that the MLS is “on the up”
    I get what he means. Those were mentioned were not only as a star name but on a wind down. At 26 he shouldn’t even be at his peak.

Mutch had the potential to be a decent premiership level midfielder but injuries just kept knocking him further and further back.

Earnshaw

He’s only 26. Either a sign that MLS is further on the up and up or that he’s shit.

I’m sure he’d make many first XI’s in the Championship though so perhaps MLS has got to at least that level
    MLS is on the up? By signing on loan someone whose career has been blighted by injuries and under achievement?

Chinese league within a few years will be far ahead of MLS. They've not just thrown money at players but also brought in experienced coaches which will benefit football there far more.

Thought he went on loan to reading this season

Was a good driving midfielder with an ability to get goals. Since he scored 7 for us in the Premier League, I'm surprised to see that he's only scored 1 goal since he left us. Injuries haven't been kind to him I guess, but it would appear that when he's been available, he's not quite been good enough to have a career at the top level. He was a bit in and out on loan at Reading last season and it appears that we've had the best of his career so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Thought he went on loan to reading this season
    Last season. Scored on his debut, made 8 starts but never appeared after a 7-1 thrashing at Norwich.

No wonder you get into stupid spats with people on here. It appears you maybe can’t read every word that’s written

I said it’s EITHER ‘further on the up and up” OR he’s “shit”

WJ99 and Eric seem to have grasped the concept of objectivity

As it happens my belief is lined up with Eric’s assessment that we’ve maybe seen the best of his career, yet from the player I saw for 2 years he should have the ability to play in many Championship teams. That’s a reasonable assumption to make in my opinion.

Regarding MLS - I don’t know if it’s on the “up and up” or if it’s shit. It’s definitely been on the “up” as I think you could pick a contending Championship team from players in the league but maybe it’s in a plateau period which still might make it “shit” for some observers

He’s shit

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Last season. Scored on his debut, made 8 starts but never appeared after a 7-1 thrashing at Norwich.
    Correct. He was useless for us.

Since leaving us he has played 49 games and scored one goal .
    My guess is he's over paid , under played ,prone to injury ,or crocked

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He’s shit
    He’d fit in just fine with you now then 😁

He’d fit in just fine with you now then ��
    Prolly our best player now

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Prolly our best player now
    👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    MLS is on the up? By signing on loan someone whose career has been blighted by injuries and under achievement?

Chinese league within a few years will be far ahead of MLS. They've not just thrown money at players but also brought in experienced coaches which will benefit football there far more.
    This is so wrong. Look at teams like Atlanta United, LAFC, the types of players being brought in. Teams are also paying big transfer fees for young talent that they're beating European clubs to. There has been a huge shift in the last 5 years where the average age of players being brought to the league (specifically the high profile ones) are 26 or younger.

Also, Colorado signed Joe Mason on loan. Another toaster he has to throw away now. Keep in mind Colorado are probably one of the worst teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

A couple of seasons ago the Chinese league seemed to be on a short cut to being one of the big leagues.
    However they have slowed down markedly. New league rules have put limits on the number of foreigners that can play and the money being splashed about seems to have dropped accordingly.
    That said I don't doubt that they will continue to grow, just perhaps in a way that also develops Chinese born players.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    This is so wrong. Look at teams like Atlanta United, LAFC, the types of players being brought in. Teams are also paying big transfer fees for young talent that they're beating European clubs to. There has been a huge shift in the last 5 years where the average age of players being brought to the league (specifically the high profile ones) are 26 or younger.
    Totally accurate. I think Toronto FC would be contending for at least the play offs if they were in The Championship

Totally accurate. I think Toronto FC would be contending for at least the play offs if they were in The Championship
    As a season ticket holder since day 1 last year was a dream! Also, the quality and growth of the league from 2007 (when TFC entered) to now is just astronomical. Atlanta just drew 72,000 to their season opener.

We also just beat Tigres at home 2-1 in the Champions League (fantastic atmpsphere), second leg is tomorrow night in Mexico. Tigres are the arguably the biggest team in the region, their salary is nearing 100 million USD whereas some MLS sides spend less than 4. So to be able to compete with the Mexican sides shows how far the top teams are coming along.. of course, being able to get a result in Mexico has always proven to be difficult but we'll see how TFC fare.

I am in dreamland as a football supporter at the moment, especially as I am coming back home to catch us vs Wolves and away to Villa!

It's difficult to compare, the championship is still probably stronger in general than the MLS, but not by a huge amount, and it gets complicated to compare with other weaker European leagues, as they generally have 1 or 2 clubs who get a shit load of champions league money and skew everything.
    It's probably between the championship and the 2 bundesliga.

As for how a MLS side would get on over here, my guess would be that at full strength they'd be pretty competitive, but when I looked a couple of seasons ago the squads very quickly become filled with kids and journeymen on very meagre salaries. I'm not sure if a MLS side would have the strength in depth to cope with a gruelling championship season.