+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Monk claiming the second goal was offside....

Monk claiming the second goal was offside....

take a look at the highlights, crowded 6-yard area but no-one is near being offside

Not sure if the Ifollow highlights will work for you but here goes:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/ifollow/

Re: Monk claiming the second goal was offside....

Asks me to buy a pass.

I think it was the ball back to Hoilett that Monk thinks Junior was offside. I wasn't sure at the time.

Good spot, Penarth - even then not sure he was as camera spoils a decent view

is he also complaining that the ref didnt award us the most blatant penalty you'll see?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think it was the ball back to Hoilett that Monk thinks Junior was offside. I wasn't sure at the time.
    We thought it that was offside at first, but the replay shows a Brum player on the goal line as the ball was played.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    We thought it that was offside at first, but the replay shows a Brum player on the goal line as the ball was played.
    Definitely offside. The guy on the line when the ball goes in the goal wasn't there when Paterson mishit his shot back to Hoilett.

A good view of it here. You can count all eleven Birmingham players and see Hoilett's feet as Paterson plays it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_puPoHjfnEM

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Definitely offside. The guy on the line when the ball goes in the goal wasn't there when Paterson mishit his shot back to Hoilett.

A good view of it here. You can count all eleven Birmingham players and see Hoilett's feet as Paterson plays it.

That is terrible.
    My sympathies go out to the great up and coming manager Gary Monk . 2 sackings in one season would be awful...just awful..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is terrible.
    My sympathies go out to the great up and coming manager Gary Monk . 2 sackings in one season would be awful...just awful..
    Looks offside to me, but can't be sure from the camera angle.

Cardiff also had a penalty appeal turned down, was it a penalty?

Yeah, you are right. Hoilett is on the by-line when that shot is made. The ball goes to him, and he is probably in line with the 'keeper, but ahead of all other players. As you say, they can be counted. Warnock was scathing about the officials again this weekend. Being a "qualified ref" means he is automatically correct! Strange, then, that he didn't mention this bit of good fortune amongst his complaints for the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is terrible.
    Have you noticed the way he attempts to look studious? In reality he’s most probably got things fluttering around his brain like Dougal from Father Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Have you noticed the way he attempts to look studious? In reality he’s most probably got things fluttering around his brain like Dougal from Father Ted.

Monk is a bit thick, but he's too thick to realise he is a bit thick.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are you ‘up the road’ tomorrow Jim? Me & Michael are doing Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yeah, you are right. Hoilett is on the by-line when that shot is made. The ball goes to him, and he is probably in line with the 'keeper, but ahead of all other players. As you say, they can be counted. Warnock was scathing about the officials again this weekend. Being a "qualified ref" means he is automatically correct! Strange, then, that he didn't mention this bit of good fortune amongst his complaints for the referee.
    Why would he or why should he?
    This would be down to Monk to bring up, which he did.

In any case, it doesn't alter the fact that the referee got it wrong in which case Warnock's (also Monk's) complaints about him are justified.

Are you sure you support Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

In any case, it doesn't alter the fact that the referee got it wrong in which case Warnock's (also Monk's) complaints about him are justified.

In fairness to BIS, he is consistent. When Pep was moaning about fouls on his players BIS said 'Why doesn't Pep ever mention the fouls that his own players commit?'.

Oh wait, no he didn't.

He just took the anti-cardiff city stance that he takes in every thread, you even entertaining the thought that he supports city?

Hes a silly billy ,if he' s studying performanes his keeper could do with some advise on the first goal, and his defenders were woeful on the other two, bugger all to do with the referee.

It's a bizarre one. A split second earlier and Hoilett wasn't even on the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's a bizarre one. A split second earlier and Hoilett wasn't even on the field of play.
    It's odd how the linesman and all but about two of the Birmingham players miss it. I suppose there's usually a man (or two) on the post in that situation so you wouldn't expect an offside but it's not even a close call.

It's odd how the linesman and all but about two of the Birmingham players miss it. I suppose there's usually a man (or two) on the post in that situation so you wouldn't expect an offside but it's not even a close call.
    Agreed. It's definitely offside. Blatantly. It's such an odd situation that virtually everyone missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. It's definitely offside. Blatantly. It's such an odd situation that virtually everyone missed it
    Our 'penalty' was an odd one too. I'm not sure if the contact doesn't come just outside the area but there must be contact because Hoilett wouldn't have kicked the ground otherwise, it's not obvious where it happens though. I guess the ref just doesn't see it and assumes Hoilett has got himself in a tangle.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Warnock is notorious for whining about referees, and his complaints are backed up by the fact he is a qualified ref. Which, to some people, means he is always right. After a while it gets a bit tedious to see referees blamed for poor results.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    In fairness to BIS, he is consistent. When Pep was moaning about fouls on his players BIS said 'Why doesn't Pep ever mention the fouls that his own players commit?'.

Oh wait, no he didn't.

He just took the anti-cardiff city stance that he takes in every thread, you even entertaining the thought that he supports city?
    That was an entirely different conversation, ome where I spoke specifically about Bennetts challenge, and not the straw men that were being proffered as a ridiculous defense of Bennett for nothing other than tribalism.

Our 'penalty' was an odd one too. I'm not sure if the contact doesn't come just outside the area but there must be contact because Hoilett wouldn't have kicked the ground otherwise, it's not obvious where it happens though. I guess the ref just doesn't see it and assumes Hoilett has got himself in a tangle.
    I've been looking for the highlights everywhere for that penalty appeal. I was told it was a blatant penalty, and yet another sign that the refs have it in for Cardiff. Your description indicates it wasn't so clean cut, and I haven't heard much about it apart from one particular friend who is incensed.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hes a silly billy ,if he' s studying performanes his keeper could do with some advise on the first goal, and his defenders were woeful on the other two, bugger all to do with the referee.
    Correct, referees are not really affecting results - but if you listen to managers and some fans, they make it sound like every bad result is the sole work of a bent ref!