+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget speculating....

Forget speculating....

If you (literally) had to bet your house (or your life if you don’t have a house) on who is going to get automatic promotion, who would you choose.

I’d go for Fulham and Villa. Us in third , playing carrot-munchers in PO semis.

Re: Forget speculating....

Yer forget speculating then speculate on what is going to happen.
    I speculate a moribund retort.

Fulham and villa

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If you (literally) had to bet your house (or your life if you don’t have a house) on who is going to get automatic promotion, who would you choose.

I've got the feeling Fulham may just run out of road, but they will be tricky customers in the play-offs. Surely the Wolves slump can't continue for much longer? So probably Wolves and Villa in the automatics. If Cardiff do make, it it will be the greatest achievement ever by a Championship team

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yer forget speculating then speculate on what is going to happen.
    I speculate a moribund retort.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

If we beat Brentford, then I fancy us, only because I don't seeing us slipping up to a huge extent, neither do I see Villa or Fulham going on some exceptional run. There's too much pressure involved.

I speculate that this thread is going to attract all the depressed, negative fans would would actually bet against their own team getting promoted, even though all the evidence points to the contrary.

And here I was expecting a thread on not speculating on what's going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If we beat Brentford, then I fancy us, only because I don't seeing us slipping up to a huge extent, neither do I see Villa or Fulham going on some exceptional run. There's too much pressure involved.
    Brentford is looking like one of the easier games

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Brentford is looking like one of the easier games
    Good teams raise their game against better teams. We've certainly done so this season, hence why no team scares me in this division and I reckon we can beat anyone. I also know unexpected crap results against average and crap teams in the division also happen.

Wolves and us

Wolves are up barring a catastrophe I can’t see happening to them. They play some really easy teams in their run in and have enough of a buffer over 3rd and 4th. For 2nd place I think it’s too tight to call but I’ll go for Fulham purely because of their run in

Wolves and Villa , Villa as Champions.
    Play Offs Final Boro v one other

I really don't see the Wurzels finishing in the play offs. 8/9th at best I'd say.

1. Villa
    2. Fulham
    3. Wolves
    4. Cardiff

Cardiff to beat Wolves in the playoff final. You’ve seen it here first.

Whoever the winners and losers are, it's one of the greatest Championship seasons ever, it really is too close to call (hence I am not betting my house!)

1. Cardiff
    2. Wolves
    3. Villa
    4. Fulham

6 points this week should put the shits up everyone else.

Odds to win the league

Wolves 1/7
    City 7/1
    Villa 20/1
    Fulham 33/1

not Fulham, they won't get more points than both City & Villa. They'll go close & will be favourites for the playoffs but the deficit and game in hand is a tough ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've got the feeling Fulham may just run out of road, but they will be tricky customers in the play-offs. Surely the Wolves slump can't continue for much longer? So probably Wolves and Villa in the automatics. If Cardiff do make, it it will be the greatest achievement ever by a Championship team
    After the season when Sunderland got promoted under Roy Keane who took over when they were bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Wolves are up barring a catastrophe I can’t see happening to them. They play some really easy teams in their run in and have enough of a buffer over 3rd and 4th. For 2nd place I think it’s too tight to call but I’ll go for Fulham purely because of their run in
    Thank you for proving my speculation to be correct

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wolves and Villa , Villa as Champions.
    Play Offs Final Boro v one other
    Thanks to you as well.

If we beat Brentford I can't see Fulham catching us. 8 points to make up in 9 games is one hell of a challenge

Just won our 6th game on the trot 4 points clear of 3rd 3 behind the leaders and now we're not even going up because wolves villa and Boro who we've already beaten twice are

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thank you for proving my speculation to be correct
    My apologies for having my own viewpoint on a question.