+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget speculating....

Re: Forget speculating....

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just won our 6th game on the trot 4 points clear of 3rd 3 behind the leaders and now we're not even going up because wolves villa and Boro who we've already beaten twice are
    On my part I'm looking at the fixtures remaining for the clubs still in the hunt, not just where we are now. The question was if you had to put your house on it then who do you expect to go up? I've given my viewpoint and the reasoning.

If the question was 'Do you think Cardiff can get promoted from this position given all the remaining fixtures to be played?' then I'd say that we've got one hell of a chance - but we need more things to fall for us than the other contenders do IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    My apologies for having my own viewpoint on a question.
    You are entitled to your own viewpoint obviously but in doing so you are dismissing your own teams chances of promotion even though City have averaged over two points a game over the whole season so far and in the process have beaten Wolves, Leeds and Middlesborough and drawn with Fulham on their own pitches, as well as beating Villa, Middlesborough, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Bristol City and drawn with Derby at home. We are also 4 and 5 points ahead of our nearest challengers with only 9 games to go but apparently are going to 'bottle it' in the run in. If thats not being negative I dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If you (literally) had to bet your house (or your life if you don’t have a house) on who is going to get automatic promotion, who would you choose.

I’d go for Fulham and Villa. Us in third , playing carrot-munchers in PO semis.
    I reckon you'd get amazing odds on that.
    Wolves to finish 4th or lower from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've got the feeling Fulham may just run out of road, but they will be tricky customers in the play-offs. Surely the Wolves slump can't continue for much longer? So probably Wolves and Villa in the automatics. If Cardiff do make, it it will be the greatest achievement ever by a Championship team
    Surely that cannot be true

Burnley got promoted after being favourites to be relegated, Huddersfield too. Blackpool going up was more impressive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Burnley got promoted after being favourites to be relegated, Huddersfield too. Blackpool going up was more impressive too.
    Not sure if winning the playoffs can be the biggest achievement when you think about how much of a lottery it is and how a lot of the time you don't have to do *that* well to finish 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Surely that cannot be true
    Look at the money we are competing against, it's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Look at the money we are competing against, it's ridiculous!
    Other teams have overcome a bigger mismatch in spending

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Not sure if winning the playoffs can be the biggest achievement when you think about how much of a lottery it is and how a lot of the time you don't have to do *that* well to finish 6th
    They got promoted when they were favourites to go down, just finishing in the top 6 was a huge achievement.

It’s too close to call, be amazed if wolves do balls it up. Think if we win Tuesday we won’t be caught. Fulham have an easy run in but do have 3 London derbies which will throw form out the window a bit. Can we pip villa to 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    but in doing so you are dismissing your own teams chances of promotion ... but apparently are going to 'bottle it' in the run in. If thats not being negative I dont know what is.
    You don't half talk some shite. Read the question again Mr Offended. I think we have a great chance of promotion, I just think others have a better chance.I don't think our team will bottle it at all - I just think they have the harder task to achieve it.

I strongly suggest you calm down and have a word with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Other teams have overcome a bigger mismatch in spending
    But we are up against a three-pronged attack! We have no right to be where we are

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You don't half talk some shite. Read the question again Mr Offended. I think we have a great chance of promotion, I just think others have a better chance.I don't think our team will bottle it at all - I just think they have the harder task to achieve it.

I strongly suggest you calm down and have a word with yourself.
    You said, if you could, that you would bet your house on teams other than City being promoted. I strongly suggest that you calm down and stop being so negative.

You said, if you could, that you would bet your house on teams other than City being promoted. I strongly suggest that you calm down and stop being so negative.
    I can see that trying to discuss things using reason with you isn't going to work so I give up. Go and look up the definition of 'thought police 1984' to see how your postings come over to me. For a modern day alternative see how China controls what should be thought

Bristol will finish outside the top 6.

He’s just giving his opinion, we haven’t got to delude ourselves to be supporters

I've forgotten who I would bet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He’s just giving his opinion, we haven’t got to delude ourselves to be supporters
    Stop talking our promotion chances down