+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Public address yesterday

Public address yesterday

Thought he was out of order before ko and ht time with his remarks about Birmingham being relegation strugglers verus high flying bluebirds and looks like we are sending you down.
    there was no need of it totally unprofessional and lacking class.
    The sort of remarks that could start off trouble and almost came back to bite us in the backside.

Re: Public address yesterday

Can't hear a word they are saying on the p.a. from where I sit at the front of the Ninian but can't really object to what you report.
    Do you also object to our fans chanting 'going down, going down, going down', 'sacked in the morning' and 'Gary, Gary What's the score'?
    Will those sorts of chants 'start off trouble'?

[QUOTE=RichardM;4852741]Can't hear a word they are saying on the p.a. from where I sit at the front of the Ninian but can't really object to what you report.
    Do you also object to our fans chanting 'going down, going down, going down', 'sacked in the morning' and 'Gary, Gary What's the score'?
    Will those sorts of chants 'start off trouble'?[/QUOTE
    For supporters to say it is one thing but a paid employee of the club is another and does not reflect well on the club at all imo.

I really dont care , we can, t sanatise the sport , if they get upset ,great , horrible "peakys" bunch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Thought he was out of order before ko and ht time with his remarks about Birmingham being relegation strugglers verus high flying bluebirds and looks like we are sending you down.
    there was no need of it totally unprofessional and lacking class.
    The sort of remarks that could start off trouble and almost came back to bite us in the backside.
    So you never heard Ali Yassin on the tannoy then ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you never heard Ali Yassin on the tannoy then ?.
    Won't have a word said against Ali.

My cousins, who are Preston season ticket holders, always come down for the weekend for the game. When we played Preston some seasons ago, I asked Ali if we were winning at half time would he announce " A message for Preston supporters Jeff and Graham Cocking - You're not singing anymore". We were and he did! Got mentioned a few times at dinner afterwards.

They did get there own back when we got stuffed 6-0 at Preston though. I got taken round to see all my Preston relatives and their Preston supporting friends so that they could gloat.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I think from now on we need a new policy. Whoever is the announcer has to do it in the accent of the opposition.

Like Peaky Blinders?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I really dont care , we can, t sanatise the sport , if they get upset ,great , horrible "peakys" bunch anyway.
    Remember Ali when he was allowed to be Ali...great. Sadly, the sanitised version wasn't any fun at all.

I used to enjoy Ali's p.a. announcemeounts. They were part of what made the atmosphere so good

I miss Ali a hell of a lot. I remember when he played the theme tune from Steptoe & Son at half time against West Ham, and when he was criticised for calling the Liberty Stadium "a caravan park" so he apologised to the whole of Swansea and "the rest of the travelling community".

Sonwe can't call relegation strugglers exactly that now?

Thought it was unprofessional and a bit odd considering they are nowhere near relegated yet. Think too many try to be funny. Just read the ****ing teams out.

Fortunately, we can't hear the tannoy in the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I miss Ali a hell of a lot. I remember when he played the theme tune from Steptoe & Son at half time against West Ham, and when he was criticised for calling the Liberty Stadium "a caravan park" so he apologised to the whole of Swansea and "the rest of the travelling community".

Agree. Ali had a bit of class a out him, these recent guys couldn't lace his boots.

That West Ham game midweek and we won 4-1....will become folklore

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Agree. Ali had a bit of class a out him, these recent guys couldn't lace his boots.

That West Ham game midweek and we won 4-1....will become folklore
    Used to enjoy Ali but I do know West Ham fans were puzzled by the Steptoe theme being played. Shepherds Bush is QPR territory, a few miles from West Ham country. The theme from ‘Til Death’ would have been more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Used to enjoy Ali but I do know West Ham fans were puzzled by the Steptoe theme being played. Shepherds Bush is QPR territory, a few miles from West Ham country. The theme from ‘Til Death’ would have been more appropriate.
    Yes this is true, I remember thinking this at the time. Probably wound them up even more

Ali often used to play 'always look on the bright side of life' after we had just given a team a tanking. Used to depress the away fans even more as they trooped out of the ground.