+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brentford

Brentford

Plenty of talk about Derby, not much about our next opponents.
    Their form has been up and down and despite what the manager might say, I suspect they have settled for a mid table finish.
    Their loud mouth manager who blames everyone and anything when they lose will have to make at least one change with their good centre back Bjeland out.
    They certainly have lots of shots on goal but questions are being raised in West London as to why they are not scoring more, suggesting a lack of a natural goal scorer.
    Certainly a tough game, but not one we should fear if we are serious contenders.

Re: Brentford

I said a while back that the two games I worry about most in the run in are Brentford and Norwich.

They've beaten Villa and Fulham there and drawn with Wolves, Derby, Bristol City and Preston. That's no mean feat. The only teams to win there are (perhaps bizarrely) Nottingham Forest and Norwich (twice, once in the league cup). Their scoring and defensive record at home is not far off that of the top teams. They've drawn too many at home or they'd be right in the mix for a top 6 place.

Having said all of that, this year their 5 wins have come against teams in the current bottom 6. Their other 5 matches against teams above the bottom 6 have yielded 1 point (at home to Preston). That suggests their form has waned and we might be able to take advantage if we're professional enough.

A good footballing side, that play with pace. From what I gather NW gets on well with Mr smith their manager. Maybe Neil knows how he sets his teams up. Maybe get him to get his team to roll over and give us the 3 points
    Spedger

They'll be brushed aside like all the other teams that are unfortunate to play us!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They'll be brushed aside like all the other teams that are unfortunate to play us!
    Well done that man

Any spare tickets for this?

They are still just about within reach of the playoffs, and are the most prolific shooters in the division by some distance.
    I wonder if that will suit us, as we tend to struggle against teams that shut up shop against us, whereas I can't see them wanting to do that.

Expecting a really tough game against an in form team though.

My sentiments exactly...they've only lost 2 at home. 3 points would be fan****intastic

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Plenty of talk about Derby, not much about our next opponents.
    Their form has been up and down and despite what the manager might say, I suspect they have settled for a mid table finish.
    Their loud mouth manager who blames everyone and anything when they lose will have to make at least one change with their good centre back Bjeland out.
    They certainly have lots of shots on goal but questions are being raised in West London as to why they are not scoring more, suggesting a lack of a natural goal scorer.
    Certainly a tough game, but not one we should fear if we are serious contenders.
    Dean Smith is a nice guy who has made a good start as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    My sentiments exactly...they've only lost 2 at home. 3 points would be fan****intastic
    They've shot 625 this season, that's more than 100 more than anyone else, us and Fulham are amongst the best of the rest with about 500 shots.
    Conversely, we've allowed about the lowest number of shots against this season.
    Should be a fascinating clash of styles

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They've shot 625 this season, that's more than 100 more than anyone else, us and Fulham are amongst the best of the rest with about 500 shots.
    It was an uncomfortable watch in November. They really walked through our midfield at times.

They are still just about within reach of the playoffs, and are the most prolific shooters in the division by some distance.
    I wonder if that will suit us, as we tend to struggle against teams that shut up shop against us, whereas I can't see them wanting to do that.

Expecting a really tough game against an in form team though.
    They have won three, drawn one and lost two of their last six matches !.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I said a while back that the two games I worry about most in the run in are Brentford and Norwich.
    I can't quite see how you can fear these two teams more than Wolves, Villa or Derby, all of whom we have to play!

Maybe you should have added Burton to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I can't quite see how you can fear these two teams more than Wolves, Villa or Derby, all of whom we have to play!

Maybe you should have added Burton to the list
    Cos it's the championship and we should nwver take anything for granted

Can't see us winning this, tough game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67R...L&index=2&t=0s

Will never forget this, worst miss I've ever seen live.

Has OGS been coaching them? Shoot! Fecking shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Their loud mouth manager who blames everyone and anything when they lose
    He should be gracious in defeat like your Neil.

Cardiff should win this comfortably, 2-0. Brentford's season ends tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    He should be gracious in defeat like your Neil.

Cardiff should win this comfortably, 2-0. Brentford's season ends tonight.
    Brentford haven't lost a game at home 2-0 all season.
    Not sure why anyone thinks this is an easy game

Brentford haven't lost a game at home 2-0 all season.
    Not sure why anyone thinks this is an easy game
    Because it is, Brentford are running out of steam and need to win. I predict two quick Cardiff goals and the Brentdord players to spend the rest of the game contemplating which beaches to spend their summer on.

Tonight's game is in the Super Six.
    Most pundits have gone 2-2.

Merson has us winning 3-1.
    70% of entries have us winning.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Tonight's game is in the Super Six.
    Most pundits have gone 2-2.

Merson has us winning 3-1.
    70% of entries have us winning.
    Now I'm even less confident of a result

I have it on good authority that Brentford don’t want Fulham to succeed, therefore they plan to lose 5 nil tonight. Everyone relax

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I have it on good authority that Brentford don’t want Fulham to succeed, therefore they plan to lose 5 nil tonight. Everyone relax
    Bloke in the pub says Zohore is on for a double brace and Patterson is on for his first hat trick.