Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
I think many of the replies on here proves many Football Club supporters are jealous of our small country’s success and support at Rugby Internationals, perhaps they should give more support to our International Football team. I support both codes.
Also the facts are that there aware 200 International Rugby teams compared to 300 International Football teams but in reality only the top 8 in both codes can win the World Cup.
As far as crowds in both codes go as Cardiff and Swansea are successful at the moment they have crowds of 20k but the other two professional teams Newport and Wrexham have crowds of less than 5k.The four professional Regions in Wales average approx 8k but the 16 Premiership clubs average 1k+ and the other 200+WRU clubs also take a gates of 100-300 and have clubhouses while most other Welsh League Football Clubs outside the top few are lucky to have any supporters?
I mentioned in a previous post that all countries (except Italy) sell out. Wales have won 4 in the last 20 6 nations.
I don't care either way but there's a lot of hype in Welsh rugby.