Thread: welsh rugby is dead

welsh rugby is dead

Oh wait no it isn’t

60k + easy, on a Sunday v the crappest team in the tournament

where is grangetown blue?

Re: welsh rugby is dead

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post

Just mention " Ash " and he appears, its like rubbing the lamp and the genie, magic

Oh wait no it isn’t

9000 empty seats and no atmosphere. Room to lie down and have a kip.

Oh wait no it isn’t

Club rugby is dead, international rugby will always be well supported.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Just mention " Ash " and he appears, its like rubbing the lamp and the genie, magic
    :tbg:

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Its a day out for folk , i'm sure there are some paying rugby fans in there ,the others are just folk who want to attend an event , if it had clashed with Justin Beiber or Coldplay .

I guess they would go there, then there is the large percentage that enjoy business hospitality , who would never normally rock at Cardiff arms park week in and out .

We have to accept they many thousands at these games don't really support rugby ,just the event , and good luck to them Id rather support a sport that has 19 k loyal knowing fans digging deep and playing for that privilege

The real rugby fan attendance will never be known .

I was there yesterday. I would class myself very much as an armchair rugby viewer but my daughter bought me a ticket. It was my first rugby international at the Principality.

Based on this limited experience I have sympathy with the views that this is an event for many. It could be that regular rugby fans were less likely to be where we were in the ground, (in the lower tier). However there were many people around me who spent a good proportion of the game chatting and paying little interest in the match. I also found the constant interuptions as people went back and fore for alcohol really disrupting. The atmotsphere was a bit muted and there was a better buzz vs Brum the day before. Again it might not be fair to judge as I am sure the intensity levels are higher for better teams and rivalries like England.

I had previously been to a few regional games. The attendances were low there but the atmotsphere was good and the knowledge and engagement of the fans was at a far higher level than I saw yesterday. All in all an interesting day out. Enjoyed it on balance as the skill level and physicality of the players was impressive first hand but glad to be back on more familiar terrain at Brentford tomorrow!

I like many others enjoy both sports but while I find most rugby boys also support the Welsh Football clubs, many Football supporters hate rugby and appear jealous of our success at International level?

Watching the Principality at the Principality.
    We get the message

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I like many others enjoy both sports but while I find most rugby boys also support the Welsh Football clubs, many Football supporters hate rugby and appear jealous of our success at International level?

What success?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

What success?
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    In my experience it's exactly the opposite , most rugby fans support united , Liverpool etc , most don't give a feck about Cardiff city so a lot of Cardiff fans don't care a feck about them

On a slightt tangent did anyone watch that documentary about the Welsh rugby league players on BBC2? Sad the way some of these league players were treated.

Watching the Principality at the Principality.
    We get the message
    Agreed. Going to the Aviva and not watching Espana is far more subtle!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In my experience it's exactly the opposite , most rugby fans support united , Liverpool etc , most don't give a feck about Cardiff city
    It must be the magic red colour that binds them together. I wonder what would happen if we played in red as an experiment?

Generally by pissed up women, in fact, you cannot call them women.

there’s many who enjoy both. I don’t.

I go to quite a few games due to hospitality. That’s why many go as it is the best piss up about.

People like winning and the good time attitude that goes with it and when there’s only about 10 contries in the world that play the sport it’s easier to win games and beat the ‘bastard english’ as they say.

Many People don’t like the sport, they like the tribalism that it brings

What success?
    Grand Slams, Made it to 2 World Cup semi finals. We were creaming ourselves when the footballers made it to the semis in the Euros.
    So much childish bitterness by some City fans about the rugby.
    We are a small country, and punch above our weight quite often in both games, but we are our own worst enemies when it comes to having a go at ourselves.

I agree with this.

Think it correlates strongly with people drinking out less.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Grand Slams, Made it to 2 World Cup semi finals. We were creaming ourselves when the footballers made it to the semis in the Euros.
    We are a small country, and punch above our weight quite often in both games, but we are our own worst enemies when it comes to having a go at ourselves.
    Grand Slams, 2 WC semi-finals.

Remind us again precisely how many countries play egg on a serious basis? England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, NZ, Australia, France, South Africa. I'll be kind and throw Argentina and Italy in too.

That's 10 out of what 200+ countries in the world?

Some success that. It's like Celtic and Rangers bigging themselves up for succes in SPL...

You've won the 6 nations 4 times in the last 20 years. A semi- final in a world cup that only 8 can realistically get there isn't success in my book. A final yeah.

You've won the 6 nations 4 times in the last 20 years. A semi- final in a world cup that only 8 can realistically get there isn't success in my book. A final yeah.
    So even more impressive that they still get big crowds then?

Reaching the European Championships semi finals was a far greater achievement than reaching the RWC semi finals

So even more impressive that they still get big crowds then?
    "There for the beer, you're only there for the beer..."

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    "There for the beer, you're only there for the beer..."
    And City fans are all tee total 😂🍺🍺
    Behave yourself.