+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: welsh rugby is dead

Re: welsh rugby is dead

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    And City fans are all tee total ������
    Behave yourself.
    City fans are there for beer but most importantly the football.

Eggers are there for the beer when inconveniently a bout of egg chasing breaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Reaching the European Championships semi finals was a far greater achievement than reaching the RWC semi finals
    I never said it wasn’t, but why can’t we be happy that we’re decent at both games?

7th out of 8. Hardly setting the world alight.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 14.12.18.jpg

So even more impressive that they still get big crowds then?
    I was replying to 'success.'
    Rugby internationals are a social occasion. Ireland, Scotland, France and England always sell out for 6 nations games too.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    City fans are there for beer but most importantly the football.

Eggers are there for the beer when inconveniently a bout of egg chasing breaks out.
    So if we were to get to the play off final at Wembley this season, would the 20-25k extra fans who’d come out of the woodwork clamouring for tickets, want them for the football, or the occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I like many others enjoy both sports but while I find most rugby boys also support the Welsh Football clubs, many Football supporters hate rugby and appear jealous of our success at International level?
    Most rugby boys support Welsh Football clubs, you’re having a laugh. The majority of them support Manure and the Scousers, particularly the scousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Most rugby boys support Welsh Football clubs, you’re having a laugh. The majority of them support Manure and the Scousers, particularly the scousers.
    This.

Their need for the winning feeling is why they support wales but not club rugby, and Man U/Liverpool not cardiff etc.

I never said it wasn’t, but why can’t we be happy that we’re decent at both games?
    The way I read it made it sound like you were belittling it. Apologies

I'm more than happy for Wales to be good in both sports, I want us to excel in everything

Regarding 6 Nations games at the Principality Stadium, Jason Perry summed it up very well: it's the national "day out".

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Regarding 6 Nations games at the Principality Stadium, Jason Perry summed it up very well: it's the national "day out".
    Maybe we need to make football the “National day out” then

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Generally by pissed up women, in fact, you cannot call them women.
    Ladies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Its not a bad terminology, I know a good 10 who went and they would struggle to name the side this morning or know who they played for ,or what positions , all came came home merry with thier" crazy wild day out "" tales though, which is the days motivator .

A dildo in work took 10 minutes this morning telling how if results go the right way England could finish bottom but 1 in the table.
    I really have no interest I could n`t understand how he could n`t recognise my glazed over look.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    A dildo in work took 10 minutes this morning telling how if results go the right way England could finish bottom but 1 in the table.
    I really have no interest I could n`t understand how he could n`t recognise my glazed over look.
    I have a distored image now of you looking glazed at a dildo , do you work in Ann Summers ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have a distored image now of you looking glazed at a dildo , do you work in Ann Summers ?
    Yer what do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    The Mrs went with her nieces, they went to see women's game as well.
    For the mens games - they noticed one main thing - forever having to stand up to let people through to go to the toilet, people getting ridiculously p1ssed.

"It wasnt a sporting a event, it was a drinking event" - oldest niece 20 years old and rugby player.

Dead rubber of an event and you had buy an Italian ticket in order to get a French one...
    I've got a French ticket but didn't need an Italy ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yer what do you need?
    I make dildos😖👍

I don't share the weird angry little brother obsession that lots on here have about rugby but it clearly is a day out. Watching it on the telly you can tell that most of them don't know the rules or half the players.

It appears we are more interested in talking about who is watching than the sport itself these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I was there yesterday. I would class myself very much as an armchair rugby viewer but my daughter bought me a ticket. It was my first rugby international at the Principality.

Based on this limited experience I have sympathy with the views that this is an event for many. It could be that regular rugby fans were less likely to be where we were in the ground, (in the lower tier). However there were many people around me who spent a good proportion of the game chatting and paying little interest in the match. I also found the constant interuptions as people went back and fore for alcohol really disrupting. The atmotsphere was a bit muted and there was a better buzz vs Brum the day before. Again it might not be fair to judge as I am sure the intensity levels are higher for better teams and rivalries like England.

I had previously been to a few regional games. The attendances were low there but the atmotsphere was good and the knowledge and engagement of the fans was at a far higher level than I saw yesterday. All in all an interesting day out. Enjoyed it on balance as the skill level and physicality of the players was impressive first hand but glad to be back on more familiar terrain at Brentford tomorrow!
    Fully agree with all of this. I have often found the atmosphere to be flat and nothing like the CCS for a football international. The constant having to get out of my seat so that the pissheads can go and get another beer or go to the toilet is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Oh wait no it isn’t

60k + easy, on a Sunday v the crappest team in the tournament

where is grangetown blue?
    60k on Mothers' Day is pretty damned impressive. Did anybody see the massive spaces at the Emirates Stadium ostensibly due to the fact it was Mothers' Day? (There could be other factors in play there!) This is only the 2nd home International since the opening day so there was huge anticipation. Next week should be a cracking occasion and a sellout now - just because it's an opportunity to finish in 2nd place and above England. What's not to like?

I suppose this weekend there would have been more people at that match than paying to watch all of our football teams put together.

I think many of the replies on here proves many Football Club supporters are jealous of our small country’s success and support at Rugby Internationals, perhaps they should give more support to our International Football team. I support both codes.
    Also the facts are that there aware 200 International Rugby teams compared to 300 International Football teams but in reality only the top 8 in both codes can win the World Cup.
    As far as crowds in both codes go as Cardiff and Swansea are successful at the moment they have crowds of 20k but the other two professional teams Newport and Wrexham have crowds of less than 5k.The four professional Regions in Wales average approx 8k but the 16 Premiership clubs average 1k+ and the other 200+WRU clubs also take a gates of 100-300 and have clubhouses while most other Welsh League Football Clubs outside the top few are lucky to have any supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I think many of the replies on here proves many Football Club supporters are jealous of our small country’s success and support at Rugby Internationals, perhaps they should give more support to our International Football team. I support both codes.
    Also the facts are that there aware 200 International Rugby teams compared to 300 International Football teams but in reality only the top 8 in both codes can win the World Cup.
    As far as crowds in both codes go as Cardiff and Swansea are successful at the moment they have crowds of 20k but the other two professional teams Newport and Wrexham have crowds of less than 5k.The four professional Regions in Wales average approx 8k but the 16 Premiership clubs average 1k+ and the other 200+WRU clubs also take a gates of 100-300 and have clubhouses while most other Welsh League Football Clubs outside the top few are lucky to have any supporters?
    I mentioned in a previous post that all countries (except Italy) sell out. Wales have won 4 in the last 20 6 nations.
    I don't care either way but there's a lot of hype in Welsh rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I mentioned in a previous post that all countries (except Italy) sell out. Wales have won 4 in the last 20 6 nations.
    I don't care either way but there's a lot of hype in Welsh rugby.
    So what’s wrong with that? Don’t really see your point. Football is popular in Wales, so is Rugby. Let’s move on.

Quite right William particular after tonight’s great win at Brentford��