+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Bryson is not fit for Brentford, but Morrison is

If Bryson is not fit for Brentford, but Morrison is

I think our gaffer should consider partnering Morrison and Manga as our centre backs, and pushing Bamba into the holding midfield role currently Held by Grujic. Who appears to be improving with each game played. This will release Grujic into the general midfield role that Ralls excells in, with Paterson in the advanced posistion. Not ideal, as it is not Bamba's best position, but on Saturday's evidence, Damour is way of the pace, and our central midfield just didn't function once Bryson left the pitch.

Re: If Bryson is not fit for Brentford, but Morrison is

I dont think there's any alternative really but to put Bamba into midfield, unless of course you start with Halford.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I think our gaffer should consider partnering Morrison and Manga as our centre backs, and pushing Bamba into the holding midfield role currently Held by Grujic. Who appears to be improving with each game played. This will release Grujic into the general midfield role that Ralls excells in, with Paterson in the advanced posistion. Not ideal, as it is not Bamba's best position, but on Saturday's evidence, Damour is way of the pace, and our central midfield just didn't function once Bryson left the pitch.
    The back four will be Manga at right back Morrison Bamba CH Bennet LB
    He'll play Halford and Grujic as the holding midfielders IMO

Halford will be fine - Super, Super Greg! - The Don Cowie for 2018

Is Jamie Ward fit yet ? If so you would have thought he would have come into the reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is Jamie Ward fit yet ? If so you would have thought he would have come into the reckoning.
    Yes i think there was a suggestion that he would be available Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    The back four will be Manga at right back Morrison Bamba CH Bennet LB
    He'll play Halford and Grujic as the holding midfielders IMO

Halford will be fine - Super, Super Greg! - The Don Cowie for 2018
    No creativity in MF as Paterson is not going to provide that.
    Can we recall Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No creativity in MF as Paterson is not going to provide that.
    Can we recall Tomlin?
    Would make a lot of sense but Tomlin is gone and somehow Brentfords quick passing style would leave Tomlin way behind anyway - Forest played to his strengths yesterday completely free role playing behind a a No9.

There's no way Neil would allow him that luxury here and he's been proved right - If Tomlin had got himself fit he could have fitted the warnock system and played in the role Paterson or Ralls to a lesser extent play - but he didn't so he's not here.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Would make a lot of sense but Tomlin is gone and somehow Brentfords quick passing style would leave Tomlin way behind anyway - Forest played to his strengths yesterday completely free role playing behind a a No9.

There's no way Neil would allow him that luxury here and he's been proved right - If Tomlin had got himself fit he could have fitted the warnock system and played in the role Paterson or Ralls to a lesser extent play - but he didn't so he's not here.
    Under Warnock at QPR Adel Taarabt had the freest role that I can remember a player having, so he's not totally opposed to that kind of role for the right player.

That kind of role would only really make sense with 2 good holding central midfielders though, as otherwise you're too open. With our current injury list we might struggle with that

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gunnar is back

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Gunnar is back
    Out for months on end and you think he's just going to resume first team football like that? Mind you after your thread about Bryson being subbed on Saturday you probably do think that

Out for months on end and you think he's just going to resume first team football like that? Mind you after your thread about Bryson being subbed on Saturday you probably do think that
    Maybe on the bench ?

I genuinely think having Gunnar on the bench would lift the team. Having said that he would be in no position to play more than a 10mins cameo, and that would be too long.
    Warnock will have to do his magic again and mix and match against a very quick passing Brentford side. I'm glad I am not a manager as he must be running out of midfield options.
    I think I would just forget about Midfield and play 7 defenders and 3 attackers and just lump the ball forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    He played an hour for the Development team on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Maybe on the bench ?
    Bryson hadn't been out for as long as Gunners but still played in a Development Game prior to a return to first team duty. I believe Ward did the same thing last week so wouldn't be surprised if he came back into contention Tuesday. However, I think it would be somewhat risky for Gunners to even be on the bench considering the length of time he's been out although he's a tough bugger so I won't rule out a place on the bench altogether at this stage!

I dont think there's any alternative really but to put Bamba into midfield, unless of course you start with Halford.
    there lies the solution steady/reliable Rob in midfield , I wonder if Pelts is fit ? , if not then its Manga out wide , and that worries me with their pace .

Maybe a surprise Iceland chap on the bench , he is running out match fit game time for the world cup.

Probably Derby game though

Sounds a bit narrow to me. With Bamba holding , Grujic in “general” midfield , and Paterson advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Sounds a bit narrow to me. With Bamba holding , Grujic in “general” midfield , and Paterson advanced.
    Our width is always provided by Junior and 1 other ie Saturday NML. Our central midfielders are always narrow regardless of who gets selected.

I genuinely think having Gunnar on the bench would lift the team. Having said that he would be in no position to play more than a 10mins cameo, and that would be too long.
    Warnock will have to do his magic again and mix and match against a very quick passing Brentford side. I'm glad I am not a manager as he must be running out of midfield options.
    I think I would just forget about Midfield and play 7 defenders and 3 attackers and just lump the ball forward.
    Where do people pull these statements from?

What suggests he will only be able to play 10 minutes?

Should we play Bryson anyway?
    I presume he can't play against Derby so shouldn't we try and keep a stable midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Should we play Bryson anyway?
    I presume he can't play against Derby so shouldn't we try and keep a stable midfield?
    Assume you're another one who didn't see him leave the pitch injured during the first half Saturday

Assume you're another one who didn't see him leave the pitch injured during the first half Saturday
    From BBC:

Cardiff have Gary Madine and Sean Morrison fighting for a starting place, but Craig Bryson is a doubt and Joe Ralls (knee) remains injured.