+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It is now 2pm on Monday afternoon. SKY?

It is now 2pm on Monday afternoon. SKY?

How can it be that Sky have still not dismissed JC?

If they are required to go through long complicated dismissal procedures for an incident like that with clear film evidence and HE HAS ADMITTED doing it.
    It beggars belief that they have not got rid of him yet.

Any chants for them tomorrow.

Where's your gobshite gone?

Re: It is now 2pm on Monday afternoon. SKY?

Hes been suspended from duties.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He will be on a contract and not employed by sky

What does his contract say in terms of spitting at members of the public ? - I guess nothing.
    So in that case does his contract have a clause in it re bringing the sky brand name into disrespect etc ?, if it doesnt - then on what contractual grounds will they dismiss him ?.

If he has a fixed term contract, with no get out type clause re bad press etc then they have the option of continuing with his services or terminating the contract but paying it up in full. Unless we see the contract we will never know.

My guess is, his contract will be paid up and he'll walk way, unless there is more to the story - but it seems pretty clear cut. That's his reputation gone down the pan. He'll pop up with Andy Gray and the Richard keys within a few weeks
    He wont be popping up anywhere near Keys. History there and Keys couldnt wait to tweet about the spitting.

If it gets to 2.34pm without him being sacked, I'm marching on SKY HQ. Who's with me? Tamping here, tamping.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    How can it be that Sky have still not dismissed JC?

If they are required to go through long complicated dismissal procedures for an incident like that with clear film evidence and HE HAS ADMITTED doing it.
    It beggars belief that they have not got rid of him yet.

Any chants for them tomorrow.

Where's your gobshite gone?
    Snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If it gets to 2.34pm without him being sacked, I'm marching on SKY HQ. Who's with me? Tamping here, tamping.
    I just got my pitch fork and burning torch out from behind the sofa. I usually keep them in the garage but I haven't had time to put them away since our last bout of faux rage!

Theres only one man they can bring in for tonights MNF tactical analysis. Step forward Mr. Russell Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Theres only one man they can bring in for tonights MNF tactical analysis. Step forward Mr. Russell Slade.

I'd fecking love that. "Man Citeh need to service the box more second half"

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd fecking love that. "Man Citeh need to service the box more second half"
    "I thought Stoke were well in the game for the first 7 minutes until Citeh scored. After that they just didnt value the basics".

Gary Neville @GNev2

I’ve just watched Carra23 say sorry. No excuses he’s made a big mistake . He’s massively passionate about football and he’s overstepped the mark and shouldn’t have reacted . I’ve been on TV for 3 years with him and imo this isolated incident shouldn’t stop us working together

2:36 pm · 12 Mar 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gary Neville @GNev2

I’ve just watched Carra23 say sorry. No excuses he’s made a big mistake . He’s massively passionate about football and he’s overstepped the mark and shouldn’t have reacted . I’ve been on TV for 3 years with him and imo this isolated incident shouldn’t stop us working together

2:36 pm · 12 Mar 2018
    Dear Gary , if anyone spat at anyone they should be arrested and charged accordingly ,apparently you are supposed to be in control of yourself and the vehicle and 14 year children are not supposed to be spat at .I can only think your standards are as low as his .

Suspended until the end of the season.
    Difficult to see any way back for him from here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

The dad being investigated also.

I thought this thread was going to be a new KO time for a televised game

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be a new KO time for a televised game
    So did I which would have meant Louth’s trip back for the Forest game (did you know he’s coming back for it? 🤣 - only kidding Louth) would have been in vain

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Suspended until the end of the season.
    Difficult to see any way back for him from here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43401015

The dad being investigated also.

The statement from Sky makes it sound (to me anyway) as if there is every chance of a way back.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ootball-season

A statement from Sky said: "Following an internal review, Sky has suspended Jamie Carragher for the remainder of the football season.

"Jamie has taken full responsibility for what has happened and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again.

"Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The statement from Sky makes it sound (to me anyway) as if there is every chance of a way back.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ootball-season

A statement from Sky said: "Following an internal review, Sky has suspended Jamie Carragher for the remainder of the football season.

"Jamie has taken full responsibility for what has happened and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again.

"Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."
    Well I did read what they said so no real need to paste it into the message but you can read into this and draw your own conclusions.

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking on my part.
    Nauseating bloke when he played and worse now he is (was) a pundit.