+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your worst ever away trip

Your worst ever away trip

QPR away in the fa cup after drawing with them in home leg

Our coach from Bridgend was full of piss artists who were playing up all along the M4

We arrived at chievley services which got ransacked , the old bill kept all the coaches there for what seemed like ages and then off we went

Then five minutes after leaving the services two clowns at the back of our coach were having a drunken mock fight , they fell against the back window of the bus which went pop and fell, as one , onto the traffic below, it was a miracle nobody was killed

Mike Lambert was furious, we lost the game and the journey back was freezing and the coach the aroma of sick and stale beer

Following this game Cardiff city supporters club banned alcohol on coaches

A nightmare trip

Re: Your worst ever away trip

Colchester away. Flew into Stansted from Dublin.
    Essex is a place I swore I'd never visit again.
    They make travellers look middle-class.

I got thrown out of the ground first half that match - not a great day for me. They were throwing people out for next to nothing. ec Heard there were loads of problems in the services maybe thats why they were heavy handed in the ground. Isnt that the same game a terrified Swansea Youth Team squad pulled up in a service full of City buses.

Spent 2nd half of that match in the Springbok. Full of ejected City fans.

Is this the Mike Lambert from Aberdare? Havent seen him in years.

No problem on the bus I was on. Everyone enjoyed it apart from me.

My first ever away trip as a teenager...Southport away in the Cup in the 60's.
    Needless to say we lost (1-0 I think) against a team then two divisions lower than us.
    I told my mam I was going into town then off to see the City. I left out that involved a longish train ride...
    She was not overjoyed to see me when I eventually returned.

Exeter away in early 90's
    Not long passed my driving test and I rented a transit van from Days Hire, to take me and about 10 others to watch a midweek game against Exeter city.
    Watched the game, got back to the van, and every single window including windscreen had been put through.
    Had to drive back to Cardiff about 11pm at night down the M5 with no windows and a van full of mates.
    Never forget my mates face who was a manager down at Days car and van hire next morning when I took it back. Ohhh dear. I'm cringing just thinking back at that

Wembley play-off final

We lost to a shit blackpool team.

Charlton away 42 years ago, came out of the ground straight into a mob of Millwall nutters, big punch up ensued and one Millwall bloke was very badly hurt, got locked up and then back and forth to London for the court case which lasted weeks. All the time the police wanted to do us for trying to kill the bloke but he made a full recovery and refused to press charges which was fair considering he was the bastard who instigated the trouble. Worst part was several coppers lied under oath saying that I kicked the shite out of him when I was nowhere near him during the brawl. Got convicted of lesser charges and lost a good job as a result, bloody Millwall.

Millwall old ground chased mates stabbed.
    Leeds stoned at by Leeds fans from railway station to ground
    Pompey ,advised to go down an alleyway by police ambushed by Pompey fans beaten up , late night waiting for injured to be discharged for their hospital.
    Palace chased by police on horseback .
    Cwnty piked up by coppers thrown on can duped in Pill ( docks area )

Happy times

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I got thrown out of the ground first half that match - not a great day for me. They were throwing people out for next to nothing. ec Heard there were loads of problems in the services maybe thats why they were heavy handed in the ground. Isnt that the same game a terrified Swansea Youth Team squad pulled up in a service full of City buses.

That's the one , poor sods were terrified

Aberdare to Bridgend .....that's him , in the far East now I think , had a bad back injury

Bloody nightmare all round

Peterborough away. On CCSC bus, half hour away from ground called off. Bus turned around and broke down. No problem as we were taken to a nearby pub. Couldn’t drink as I’d driven my car to the pick up point. Needn't have worried about drinking though as when I got back to Caerphilly, my car had been nicked

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Millwall old ground chased mates stabbed.
    Leeds stoned at by Leeds fans from railway station to ground
    Pompey ,advised to go down an alleyway by police ambushed by Pompey fans beaten up , late night waiting for injured to be discharged for their hospital.
    Palace chased by police on horseback .
    Cwnty piked up by coppers thrown on can duped in Pill ( docks area )

Happy times
    I'm surprised you haven't a persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    QPR away in the fa cup after drawing with them in home leg

Our coach from Bridgend was full of piss artists who were playing up all along the M4

We arrived at chievley services which got ransacked , the old bill kept all the coaches there for what seemed like ages and then off we went

Then five minutes after leaving the services two clowns at the back of our coach were having a drunken mock fight , they fell against the back window of the bus which went pop and fell, as one , onto the traffic below, it was a miracle nobody was killed

Mike Lambert was furious, we lost the game and the journey back was freezing and the coach the aroma of sick and stale beer

Following this game Cardiff city supporters club banned alcohol on coaches

A nightmare trip
    I got arrested at that game

5 of us went up by car only 2 saw the game - The Met were in fine form that evening - I got nicked for singing 'who put the ball in the english net - Arthur F@*king Europe' and was charged with threatening behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

You didn't drive up with me did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Peterborough away. On CCSC bus, half hour away from ground called off. Bus turned around and broke down. No problem as we were taken to a nearby pub. Couldn’t drink as I’d driven my car to the pick up point. Needn't have worried about drinking though as when I got back to Caerphilly, my car had been nicked
    I know I really shouldn't sorry, but

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    I know I really shouldn't sorry, but
    The following Tuesday, we went to Port Vale, got to the turnstiles about 30mins before kick off only to be told the game had just been called off due to a water logged pitch.

Great week that was

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't a persecution complex.
    I didn't fancy stopping around to ask ,we weren't loved in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    stoned at by Leeds fans from railway station to ground
    You must have been on the same special as me (Mind, I think we had two specials that day)
    What a trip that was!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I got arrested at that game

5 of us went up by car only 2 saw the game - The Met were in fine form that evening - I got nicked for singing 'who put the ball in the english net - Arthur F@*king Europe' and was charged with threatening behaviour.
    To be fair to the police I would say half the 4500 who went were up for it

Wolves away 2005 ish We won 3-2.
    Bubble trip but 4 of us managed to get away from the old bill in the carpark to get another few drinks (as if we needed them I was bolloxed anyway).
    Got in a pub in Wolverhamton town centre watched the sky early game and had a few more drinks. Left the pub but i think we had been sussed by a few of the locals, crossed the roundabout did n`t fancy the subway. walked down towards the ground and bought a hotdog, then this young Wolves fan heard our accents and said welsh kents and ran off. Got down to that pub by the back of the south bank and there was a welcoming committee. i`d like to say I gave a good account of myself but to be honest I headed a few fists then had to make a tactical withdrawal . Got in the ground and passed out with concussion. After the game all hell broke loose and in the shenanigans I tripped off a kerb and fecked my Knee up. I was now limping had a huge black eye and had a stinking hangover. The next day I had to take my son to Sunday school, I had few stares I can tell you.

Went to wolves with mark Watkins (Dr pop on here) RIP and lost 4 zip I think and came outside the ground to find marks car had its tyre slashed - AA tow all the way back.

Went to a Newport Swansea midweek ldv game again with mark and this time Paul taffy Thomas. It's was straight after the league game where Cardiff were given their own end. Anyway taffy got found out and we all had to leg it to the car midway through the game. Just as mark turned the car round in this cul de sac cwnty arrived threw a brick at marks car smashed the window and caught mark in the head. In fairness mark managed to carry on driving and took us to the bass house but mark didn't stop as he had to face the music with his dad tony

Fellows Park, Walsall, February 86. It was bitingly cold and we got stuffed 6-0

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    You must have been on the same special as me (Mind, I think we had two specials that day)
    What a trip that was!
    Always remeber as we got off the trains those coppers telling us they could not protect us , and to go home or run the gauntlet up that incline , where they were all standing with thier objects of love to chuck at us .

Going away to Walsall with the RAMS. After the game, the neanderthals on the buses stood outside chanting at families of the home side walking through that they were going to have their heads kicked in.

Most of my worse away experiences had a common denominator, which was Sludge's presence.

One was a jaunt to Bath for a Bristol Rovers game. We were in some boozer, he was tasked as a lookout outside. If he spotted any groups of likely home hoolies he was to alert us of their presence so that they would be given a proper wellying. It turned out a large group of their best boys were on the prowl nearby. He espied the mob approach the premises and rushed inside - not to blow the whistle on them but to charge into the bogs to change his underpants.

That QPR game will always be remembered fondly for the size of the following and the number of off field incidents. The previous tie in that year's FA Cup at Gloucester City will also remain amongst the annals of the club's rich history of thuggery for that game featured the most sustained lawlessness inside a ground I've ever witnessed.