+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your worst ever away trip

Re: Your worst ever away trip

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Most of my worse away experiences had a common denominator, which was Sludge's presence.

One was a jaunt to Bath for a Bristol Rovers game. We were in some boozer, he was tasked as a lookout outside. If he spotted any groups of likely home hoolies he was to alert us of their presence so that they would be given a proper wellying. It turned out a large group of their best boys were on the prowl nearby. He espied the mob approach the premises and rushed inside - not to blow the whistle on them but to charge into the bogs to change his underpants.
    At least he was wearing underpants. I was on that Bridgend bus he mentioned in the original post. He says there was a lot of noise at the back of the bus but we were playing chess and the only sound was that of the chess pieces being moved around. Sludge was totally pissed even before he got on the bus. It wasn't long before he took off all his clothes and started talking to himself. He then started screaming that he couldn't hear the voices in his head because of all the noise we were making - i.e. the occasional movement of one chess piece from one square to another. The next thing he charges down the bus swinging a bottle of Buckfast over his head. We all moved out of the way and he went straight out the back window. We just shook our heads and carried on with our chess. It was the best argument for a minimum alcohol price I'd ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Always remeber as we got off the trains those coppers telling us they could not protect us , and to go home or run the gauntlet up that incline , where they were all standing with thier objects of love to chuck at us .
    Getting back to the station after the game was just as interesting , definitely in my top three of scariest away trips.

Gigg Lane, Bury v City 1990. We lost 2-0 and got relegated. I was 12 and was stood amongst all the oxygen thieves who thought it would be good to throw bricks through the windows of the houses behind the ground. Scared the shit out of me, I think it might even have been my last away game (other than the Wembley matches), and I really have no interest in going away again, even 28 years later.

International

Belfast May to Oct '71. No question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Belfast May to Oct '71. No question!!!
    Welcome to the emerald isle.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Gigg Lane, Bury v City 1990. We lost 2-0 and got relegated. I was 12 and was stood amongst all the oxygen thieves who thought it would be good to throw bricks through the windows of the houses behind the ground. Scared the shit out of me, I think it might even have been my last away game (other than the Wembley matches), and I really have no interest in going away again, even 28 years later.
    I went to that game. Horrible trip up in the back of a van, no seats.
    I remember after the game like it was yesterday, my mate said cross the road & seconds later we heard all the windows of peoples front rooms going through.

The bad old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Most of my worse away experiences had a common denominator, which was Sludge's presence.

One was a jaunt to Bath for a Bristol Rovers game. We were in some boozer, he was tasked as a lookout outside. If he spotted any groups of likely home hoolies he was to alert us of their presence so that they would be given a proper wellying. It turned out a large group of their best boys were on the prowl nearby. He espied the mob approach the premises and rushed inside - not to blow the whistle on them but to charge into the bogs to change his underpants.
    I have never worn underpants

I am bearback

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    At least he was wearing underpants. I was on that Bridgend bus he mentioned in the original post. He says there was a lot of noise at the back of the bus but we were playing chess and the only sound was that of the chess pieces being moved around. Sludge was totally pissed even before he got on the bus. It wasn't long before he took off all his clothes and started talking to himself. He then started screaming that he couldn't hear the voices in his head because of all the noise we were making - i.e. the occasional movement of one chess piece from one square to another. The next thing he charges down the bus swinging a bottle of Buckfast over his head. We all moved out of the way and he went straight out the back window. We just shook our heads and carried on with our chess. It was the best argument for a minimum alcohol price I'd ever seen.
    A letter from my solicitor will arrive shortly