+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bloody fuss about this Russian poisoning.

Re: Bloody fuss about this Russian poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Deadly and fast acting are not the same thing.

If I wanted to poison someone then fast acting would not be my choice.
    So deadly and fast acting that Yulia Skripal is now conscious and talking! So not fast acting and not deadly. These Russians are not very good at this poisining are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    So deadly and fast acting that Yulia Skripal is now conscious and talking! So not fast acting and not deadly. These Russians are not very good at this poisining are they?
    I didn't say it was fast acting. I said that fast acting would make a bad choice in a case like this.

Were her first words something along the lines of "have you put the money in my bank yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Were her first words something along the lines of "have you put the money in my bank yet?"
    That's a pretty low accusation

Have you read the investigation into the 2 bungling russian goons who poisoned litvinenko?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a pretty low accusation
    It's not an accusation at all, it's a play on the idea that according to some there is an alternative explanation for what happened, hence the smiley.

It's not an accusation at all, it's a play on the idea that according to some there is an alternative explanation for what happened, hence the smiley.
    So she's still in hospital having almost been murdered, possibly with life changing injuries, and her father is still in a coma and may never recover, and you don't think it's a bit low to throw out a whimsical suggestion that they faked it all "to make the Russians look bad" ?

So she's still in hospital having almost been murdered, possibly with life changing injuries, and her father is still in a coma and may never recover, and you don't think it's a bit low to throw out a whimsical suggestion that they faked it all "to make the Russians look bad" ?
    No need to virtue signal, we are all friends here

No need to virtue signal, we are all friends here
    **** me do you just spend your hours regurgitating cliches from alt right shite that you read?

The girl has gone though what I can only imagine to be one of the trumy most horrifying experience imaginable and as per you’re their with your ‘some people in the internet think’
    Speak

Well done you

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    **** me do you just spend your hours regurgitating cliches from alt right shite that you read?

The girl has gone though what I can only imagine to be one of the trumy most horrifying experience imaginable and as per you’re their with your ‘some people in the internet think’
    Speak

Well done you
    Just to make it abundantly clear, my satirical comments were aimed directly at Auntie Andy's observations about the most deadly nerve agent known to man, and not about any persons living, dead or recovering from the effects of any deadly poisons.

But carry on doing what lefties must do, it doesn't bother me

From Wikipedia

"Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group.The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious. In recent years, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action."

Now if that isn't a fine example of virtue signalling by our esteemed member Rjk, then I don't know what is!

From Wikipedia

"Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group.The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtue—especially piety among the religious. In recent years, the term has become more commonly used as a pejorative characterization by commentators to criticize what they regard as empty, or superficial support of certain political views, and also used within groups to criticize their own members for valuing outward appearance over substantive action."

Now if that isn't a fine example of virtue signalling by our esteemed member Rjk, then I don't know what is!
    I look at it as a form of sexual advertising. You are showing that you are fair and generous. These are good attributes in a potential mate. Unfortunately my theory doesn't work on this site. Apart from Sludge and Organ I doubt if any poster is sexually deprived - or depraved - enough to see us as potential sexual partners.

From Wikipedia

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself
    I see it more as a factual statement. You are either virtue signalling or you're not. There are no grey areas here I'm afraid.

I see it more as a factual statement. You are either virtue signalling or you're not. There are no grey areas here I'm afraid.
    Nonsense. A bit of empathy was shown to someone suffering due to a horrible incident and you’ve turned into your usual conspiracy theory use a cliche to attempt to make yourself sound clever.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Nonsense. A bit of empathy was shown to someone suffering due to a horrible incident and you’ve turned into your usual conspiracy theory use a cliche to attempt to make yourself sound clever.
    I haven't turned it into anything, I was just responding to Auntie Andy's 'most deadly deadly nerve agent known to man' observations!

I haven't turned it into anything, I was just responding to Auntie Andy's 'most deadly deadly nerve agent known to man' observations!
    They're saying you responded in a c**ty way, mate.

They're saying you responded in a c**ty way, mate.
    Oh no, here comes another SJW

Oh no, here comes another SJW
    You don't even know what all these terms mean, do you?

You don't even know what all these terms mean, do you?
    I know about the rules for radicals

At long last Russia points accusing finger at Britain for Salisbury attack. Ambassador Alexander Yakovenko told Russian TV that the Kremlin has a “very serious suspicion that this provocation was one by British intelligence”.

Russia claims Britain ‘STAGED poisoning of Skripal to turn people against Putin' - https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ry-uk-evidence

It’s the Russians, it’s the Russians, it’s definitely the Russians.

Oh hang on experts state we are unable to identify 'precise source' of novichok that poisoned Russian spy.

https://news.sky.com/story/porton-do...d-spy-11315387

P45 for Maybot and Boris

Oh hang on experts state we are unable to identify 'precise source' of novichok that poisoned Russian spy.

P45 for Maybot and Boris

Yes but Corbyn is a traitor for daring to ask questions about the origins of this nerve agent. How dare he think we should be certain before throwing our toys out of the pram.

P45 for Maybot and Boris

Hilarious.
    "You are susceptible to propaganda, oh and by the way, here's a blog that explains why it is all a conspiracy"
    It looks like the ex-British Ambassador's sources were correct