+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRENTFORD 1 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: LATEST: BRENTFORD 1 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Bloody Reading killed a perfect night!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd say home and away they've been probably the best side we've played all season. If they sort their defence out...

Very tricky game, we've so far come through with flying colours.
    They are 11th, what they are doing is obviously not working. I did see a stat that said they have had 2 games (one against us and one against Norwich) with the most shots without scoring a goal (25+).

I can't actually watch the games as I am in work (in Oz), so I am not doubting your assertion.

Bamba has been a beast. Easily man of the match. The whole defence have been solid since the goal. Etheridge gets better every game.

Zohore worked his socks off and deserved his goal. NML has got better as the game wore on. And I think Damour had done a good job. No bad performance really. Haven't even mentioned Paterson who can't stop scoring!

7 wins in a row now. Outstanding. Wish I was there!

Tut tut, language neil

Re: FT: BRENTFORD 1 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I love it. 7 points clear of Villa. Big massive win against a tough opponent and I bet hardly any of us still think we’re going up come on City you’re making me proud!!!

Absolutely fan bloody tastic

Brilliant City! What a win!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I love it. 7 points clear of Villa. Big massive win against a tough opponent and I bet hardly any of us still think we’re going up come on City you’re making me proud!!!
    Relegation is mathematically impossible for us at least now

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Welcomed to Jazz Club
    Great 👌

That was a superb performance. We have leaders all over the pitch and our work rate is off the scale

Great.
    We were just too strong for Brentford.
    They rarely looked like scoring in the second half, despite their pretty football.
    They Lack a natural goalscorer.
    Hope Ken is ok. Took a nasty knock on his hip.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That was a superb performance. We have leaders all over the pitch and our work rate is off the scale
    Paterson could hardly walk, let alone run last 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    couldnt have said it myself, lovin' it

Brilliant. For all their easy on the eye football they rarely troubled us and we could have had a couple more.

What a squad and manager this is.

That’s a superb win. You can afford the luxury of a couple of defeats in the run in.
    Sorry we didn’t help. We couldn’t beat a Cadbury’s creme egg these days. That’s one win in seventeen yet the Dutch fraud is still in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Brilliant. For all their easy on the eye football they rarely troubled us and we could have had a couple more.

What a squad and manager this is.
    Yep we looked good

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    Relegation is mathematically impossible for us at least now
    Sorry but we have been safe for weeks - bottom three can only get a max of 57 points. Excellent result and performance. Manga looked uncomfortable at full back though and we may have picked up a couple more injuries. Not worried about Derby now - we have some breathing space anyway.

Re: BRENTFORD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Have you read this beauty from the Brentford board by a 'first time user'

First of all, new user in peace.

Secondly, having seen Cardiff v Birmingham on the weekend, when visiting family in the area, I have to say that whilst 'Colin' has done a decent job with them they are definitely beatable. A poor Birmingham side managed to put two goals past them, and so I think we can get the three points against them and derail their promotion push:

Here's what I saw:

* Their Goalkeeper Neil Etheridge is currently playing through an injury – our strikers should always test him with hard low/high shots into the corner.

* Their defence had a big falling out over the weekend – Lee Peltier had a poor game yet blamed others for Birmingham's goals. Plus Peltier is two points away from receiving a ban as well, so will not want to risk making a bad challenge and being booked/sent off then subsequently banned.

* Callum Paterson and Bruno Manga are suffering from poor form. Sean Morrison is also playing through an injury due to lack of cover – any good pacy striker will cause them problems. Manga is three points away from a ban as well.

* Loic Damour is a weak-link in midfield – gives the ball away far too cheaply. In fact, their ball retention in midfield is very poor for a team in the top half of the Championship.

* Cardiff go 3-on-3 at the back whilst sending players up for corners. A quick break will put them under pressure from counter-attacks.

* Marko Grujic is their best midfielder, so he needs to be isolated – cut out his distribution and frustrate him all night.

* Cardiff have an inability to close-out games, and would rather score early and see the game out.

* Craig Bryson and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing are likely to play, though their fitness is going to be poor. Force them into making errors if they start.

Cardiff are a team which thrives on confidence – take that from them and they are a very average/disjointed side.

The emphasis for attacks should be to hit the wide channels at every opportunity, hassle and harangue defenders and look to force Damour/Grujic off the ball. Kenneth Zohore is their main attacking outlet, with Gary Madine injured, and even he is not completely 100% injury free so man-mark him out of the game.

I would play a tight 4-4-2 with a ball-winner and a box-to-box player. Watch out for quick breaks and keep possession even if it means 50/60 passes before launching the killer ball behind their back line.

I think we can take all three points, and I will go for a 2-1 win for The Bees.

(Feel free to forward this to The Gaffer).

Well the bit about Damour is about right but it's hardly classified - good job Patterson and Manga are in poor form - hope they see this
    There's no way that was written by a Brentford fan

Brentford manager moaning about "we should have had a stronger ref"

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry but we have been safe for weeks - bottom three can only get a max of 57 points. Excellent result and performance. Manga looked uncomfortable at full back though and we may have picked up a couple more injuries. Not worried about Derby now - we have some breathing space anyway.
    We just won 3-1 and are 2nd in the league - 7 points clear of out nearest rival - and you come on here posting this negative nonsense. It's deplorable!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Brentford manager moaning about "we should have had a stronger ref"
    I thought he made some really strong decisions. Sometimes wrong, but he didn’t shit out of the bigger calls

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We just won 3-1 and are 2nd in the league - 7 points clear of out nearest rival - and you come on here posting this negative nonsense. It's deplorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought a few players looked shaky at times but we keep on winning. Who cares!

I thought Manga apart from one or two balls ups had one of his better games for us though!

That was bloody brilliant. Coming from behind, watching on the terracing. Made me miss Ninian Park.

Wow. That was fantastic.

It had everything, including the right result, and should put the twitchiness of the last two wins behind us.

This team/squad just seem to get better.

Bluebirds!