+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now are you going to believe us?

Re: Now are you going to believe us?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is he
    Good fwcking god I am so happy right now.

I am going to Cheltenham and I will be chanting this loads once I'm pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I'm sure QPR beat Wolves and Sheff Utd within a few days earlier this season. When they were 1st and 2nd and QPR were struggling

If they can do it once ..
    Yes, you're right about QPR - think they beat Sheff Utd on the Tuesday and Wolves on the Saturday.

In my opinion this was the best and most important performance of the season. I amongst others thought we would slip up tonight against a very good 'fulham like' passing side. And so it would seem after 10 minutes!
    But to come back and score three was unbelievable. I am always pessimistic as are most Cardiff fans, but tonight was a turning point. I'm now sure we can go on to get automatic promotion.
    My best away trip for a very long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Now are you going to believe us?
    The Blues are going up?
    I was worried last night, not because of lack of belief in the team (they've proven all season they can get results) but because it's human nature to be so close and start to panic a little.

I didn't expect Villa to drop points in the next 3 but knew they would at some point in the remaining games, that will take a bit of pressure of going into Sunday and I really believe we can get 3 points at pride park.

And are you going to believe us?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    But we were close to scoring at least 2 more
    Counted 3 off the line and then there was the NML miss (shame players are so one footed his left could have put that in)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So does he deserve a special mention or not?😂
    He was fantastic.

He's grown into a really competent keeper.

I'd love to know how many points he's gained us this season. Real fan of Etheridge I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Counted 3 off the line and then there was the NML miss (shame players are so one footed his left could have put that in)
    Yes, he took the wrong option, going for the narrow angle when the rest of the net was gaping wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Yes, he took the wrong option, going for the narrow angle when the rest of the net was gaping wide open.
    I just kept thinking "keeper knows he's right footed"

Not a criticism really, but it could have been a really nice goal for a team of hoofers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Another one here for the "And now you're gonna believe us" brigade.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I just kept thinking "keeper knows he's right footed"

Not a criticism really, but it could have been a really nice goal for a team of hoofers.
    That's a tad harsh, it's his touch that lets him down. If it's slightly less heavy, it opens up more of the goal. Good save though and Mendez is getting back to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's a tad harsh, it's his touch that lets him down. If it's slightly less heavy, it opens up more of the goal. Good save though and Mendez is getting back to his best.
    Agree with all of that. When he shot he was just about too close to the keeper that he probably didn't have much other choice than blast it, almost injuring their keeper in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    In my opinion this was the best and most important performance of the season. I amongst others thought we would slip up tonight against a very good 'fulham like' passing side. And so it would seem after 10 minutes!
    But to come back and score three was unbelievable. I am always pessimistic as are most Cardiff fans, but tonight was a turning point. I'm now sure we can go on to get automatic promotion.
    My best away trip for a very long time!!
    Seconded. The first 15/20 minutes it looked like we were going to get a battering. Brentford could have been two up after 5 minutes but it all came good in the end. Even better with the updates from Villa. I trust you "sang in the dark"😁? Best away since Leeds. Nights like that are what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Suggesting a professional footballer see a gaping hole to the left and he shoot with his left foot is harsh?

I wasn't trying to be.

But the keeper would have known he's right footed and banked on it, that's all I thought as he went in on goal..was hardly criticising him..just stating what I was thinking as the action played out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agree with all of that. When he shot he was just about too close to the keeper that he probably didn't have much other choice than blast it, almost injuring their keeper in the process.
    He had the whole left of the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    ditto
    Me too.

Although I do like "Now are you going to believe us?"

It's like a challenge.